PDA

View Full Version : Holly's 15th birthday

MaryL
June 1st 10, 09:40 PM
Today is Holly's 15th birthday. She is my special "shadow cat"-wherever I
go, Holly is sure to follow. I adopted her when she was about 6 months old
and was told that she was born in "early June," so I arbitrarily set June 1
as her special day.

Holly is my delight. She loves to play, she follows me wherever I go, and
everyone who sees her thinks she is a young cat. She has a nightly routine
that still amuses me-I will hear a low-pitched "moaning" sound, look up, and
there is Holly on her way to me with her gift. It is always the same little
red mouse, and she has done this for several years. The original mouse wore
out years ago, so I bought a replacement package. There were 4 of these
little mice in the package in 4 different colors, but she always heads for
the red mouse. She considers it to be one of her "duties" to walk back and
forth in front of the computer monitor as soon as I sit down to work, and
she doesn't stop until I pet her and talk to her awhile. Then she often
meatloafs on the side of the keyboard tray or walks to the back of the
monitor and sits there peering around the side at me. I have a small bench
that I keep beside my computer chair, and that is one of here "special
places"; if she doesn't jump up to the computer, she relaxes there any time
I am using the computer. That is one place that she usually will not share
with Duffy. He has to be content with perching on the top of the computer
hutch, often hanging down toward us.

Holly is amazingly graceful and agile, especially for a 15-year-old. She
will easily leap surprising distances and never break anything. There are
times when I will suddenly realize that she is sitting on the arm of the
chair or even on the back of the chair above my head, and I was not even
aware of her jumping onto the chair.

Happy birthday, my wonderful little girl. Today is your special day.

MaryL

Photos of Holly: >'o'<
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

MLB[_2_]
June 1st 10, 09:52 PM
MaryL wrote:
> Today is Holly's 15th birthday. She is my special "shadow cat"-wherever
> I go, Holly is sure to follow. I adopted her when she was about 6
> months old and was told that she was born in "early June," so I
> arbitrarily set June 1 as her special day.
>
> Holly is my delight. She loves to play, she follows me wherever I go,
> and everyone who sees her thinks she is a young cat. She has a nightly
> routine that still amuses me-I will hear a low-pitched "moaning" sound,
> look up, and there is Holly on her way to me with her gift. It is
> always the same little red mouse, and she has done this for several
> years. The original mouse wore out years ago, so I bought a replacement
> package. There were 4 of these little mice in the package in 4
> different colors, but she always heads for the red mouse. She considers
> it to be one of her "duties" to walk back and forth in front of the
> computer monitor as soon as I sit down to work, and she doesn't stop
> until I pet her and talk to her awhile. Then she often meatloafs on the
> side of the keyboard tray or walks to the back of the monitor and sits
> there peering around the side at me. I have a small bench that I keep
> beside my computer chair, and that is one of here "special places"; if
> she doesn't jump up to the computer, she relaxes there any time I am
> using the computer. That is one place that she usually will not share
> with Duffy. He has to be content with perching on the top of the
> computer hutch, often hanging down toward us.
>
> Holly is amazingly graceful and agile, especially for a 15-year-old.
> She will easily leap surprising distances and never break anything.
> There are times when I will suddenly realize that she is sitting on the
> arm of the chair or even on the back of the chair above my head, and I
> was not even aware of her jumping onto the chair.
>
> Happy birthday, my wonderful little girl. Today is your special day.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Happy, happy birthday HOLLY. AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY. MLB & TuTu

cybercat
June 1st 10, 11:21 PM
> Today is Holly's 15th birthday. She is my special "shadow cat"-wherever I
> go, Holly is sure to follow. I adopted her when she was about 6 months
> old and was told that she was born in "early June," so I arbitrarily set
> June 1 as her special day.
>
> Holly is my delight. She loves to play, she follows me wherever I go, and
> everyone who sees her thinks she is a young cat. She has a nightly
> routine that still amuses me-I will hear a low-pitched "moaning" sound,
> look up, and there is Holly on her way to me with her gift. It is always
> the same little red mouse, and she has done this for several years. The
> original mouse wore out years ago, so I bought a replacement package.
> There were 4 of these little mice in the package in 4 different colors,
> but she always heads for the red mouse. She considers it to be one of her
> "duties" to walk back and forth in front of the computer monitor as soon
> as I sit down to work, and she doesn't stop until I pet her and talk to
> her awhile. Then she often meatloafs on the side of the keyboard tray or
> walks to the back of the monitor and sits there peering around the side at
> me. I have a small bench that I keep beside my computer chair, and that
> is one of here "special places"; if she doesn't jump up to the computer,
> she relaxes there any time I am using the computer. That is one place
> that she usually will not share with Duffy. He has to be content with
> perching on the top of the computer hutch, often hanging down toward us.
>
> Holly is amazingly graceful and agile, especially for a 15-year-old. She
> will easily leap surprising distances and never break anything. There are
> times when I will suddenly realize that she is sitting on the arm of the
> chair or even on the back of the chair above my head, and I was not even
> aware of her jumping onto the chair.
>
> Happy birthday, my wonderful little girl. Today is your special day.

What a lovely description of a lovely girlycat. :) As I recall your home is
lovely, so
I am glad she never breaks anything. Here is to many more birthdays to your
precious Holly.

MaryL
June 2nd 10, 12:14 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>> Today is Holly's 15th birthday.
>
> What a lovely description of a lovely girlycat. :) As I recall your home
> is lovely, so
> I am glad she never breaks anything. Here is to many more birthdays to
> your
> precious Holly.

Nice note--thanks! Yes, I really like my house and pretty much have it "as
I want it." On the other hand, there is nothing in the house that is as
precious as Holly and Duffy.

MaryL

Rene
June 2nd 10, 02:13 PM
Wow, she's 15 already! Happy birthday to Holly! May you have more
years of happiness together.

Rene

-L.
June 10th 10, 09:05 PM
On Jun 1, 1:40*pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> Today is Holly's 15th birthday.
<snip>

I can't believe she is 15!! Happy Birthday Holly!

-L.

MaryL
June 11th 10, 12:20 PM
wrote:
> Today is Holly's 15th birthday.
<snip>

I can't believe she is 15!! Happy Birthday Holly!

-L.

Welcome back! It's good to hear from you again.

MaryL

Candace
June 13th 10, 04:40 AM
wrote:

> Happy birthday, my wonderful little girl. *Today is your special day.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: * * *>'o'<
> Holly: *http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: *http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Happy birthday, Holly, and many, many more.

Candace