PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried for my cats safety

David Smith
June 14th 10, 05:07 AM
I'm worried for my cats safety.

She's been staying out all night since the weather got warm,
and stays out a lot during the day. Tonight, right at dusk I
was about to go outside for some fresh air, when I got to the
door I saw my cat standing on her hind legs looking at
something. There was a fox heading for her, she jumped onto a
planter. The fox was going right for her like it was about to
pounce. I let it see me and it ran away, looking back as it
ran.

My cat is naive and acted like she had no clue she was about
to be eaten. She's eight years old but has always been lucky
so far. At night she often stays in a tree, but also stays
below the tree where she can climb it if danger comes.

I've been leaving food out at night and her cat friends come
over to visit and eat.

I guess I'll start spending more time outside to protect my
cat. I've got a snap trap I can put out but I'm worried it
would catch a cat instead.

I know someone will tell me to keep her inside all the time
but that would be like keeping her a prisoner and she likes
to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine with her friends.

*Damn Fox*.

I had a puppy that cried all night so I started leaving it
outside. It did a lot better outside but still cried at night.
The other morning at 05:30 it was crying. When I went out at
07:00 it was nowhere to be found. The neighbors said they
would let me know if they see it but I have my doubts now that
it will ever show back up.

I'm going to leave my cat inside at night for at least a few
nights and stop putting food out for the neighborhood cats.
The cats around here are about half starved. The other night
we had rain so it was late when I put food out. When I looked
out there was a cat frantically looking for the dinner bowl.

I'll check to see about buying a live trap big enough for a
fox. Animals like my land as it has lots of water and vegetation
compared to other property around here.

Any suggestions?
David

MLB[_2_]
June 14th 10, 05:52 AM
David Smith wrote:
> I'm worried for my cats safety.
>
> She's been staying out all night since the weather got warm,
> and stays out a lot during the day. Tonight, right at dusk I
> was about to go outside for some fresh air, when I got to the
> door I saw my cat standing on her hind legs looking at
> something. There was a fox heading for her, she jumped onto a
> planter. The fox was going right for her like it was about to
> pounce. I let it see me and it ran away, looking back as it
> ran.
>
> My cat is naive and acted like she had no clue she was about
> to be eaten. She's eight years old but has always been lucky
> so far. At night she often stays in a tree, but also stays
> below the tree where she can climb it if danger comes.
>
> I've been leaving food out at night and her cat friends come
> over to visit and eat.
>
> I guess I'll start spending more time outside to protect my
> cat. I've got a snap trap I can put out but I'm worried it
> would catch a cat instead.
>
> I know someone will tell me to keep her inside all the time
> but that would be like keeping her a prisoner and she likes
> to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine with her friends.
>
> *Damn Fox*.
>
> I had a puppy that cried all night so I started leaving it
> outside. It did a lot better outside but still cried at night.
> The other morning at 05:30 it was crying. When I went out at
> 07:00 it was nowhere to be found. The neighbors said they
> would let me know if they see it but I have my doubts now that
> it will ever show back up.
>
> I'm going to leave my cat inside at night for at least a few
> nights and stop putting food out for the neighborhood cats.
> The cats around here are about half starved. The other night
> we had rain so it was late when I put food out. When I looked
> out there was a cat frantically looking for the dinner bowl.
>
> I'll check to see about buying a live trap big enough for a
> fox. Animals like my land as it has lots of water and vegetation
> compared to other property around here.
>
> Any suggestions?
> David

Buy some TROLL deodorant.

David Smith
June 14th 10, 07:11 AM
On 06/13/2010 11:52 PM, MLB wrote:
> David Smith wrote:
>> I'm worried for my cats safety.
>>
>> She's been staying out all night since the weather got warm,
>> and stays out a lot during the day. Tonight, right at dusk I
>> was about to go outside for some fresh air, when I got to the
>> door I saw my cat standing on her hind legs looking at
>> something. There was a fox heading for her, she jumped onto a
>> planter. The fox was going right for her like it was about to
>> pounce. I let it see me and it ran away, looking back as it
>> ran.
>>
>> My cat is naive and acted like she had no clue she was about
>> to be eaten. She's eight years old but has always been lucky
>> so far. At night she often stays in a tree, but also stays
>> below the tree where she can climb it if danger comes.
>>
>> I've been leaving food out at night and her cat friends come
>> over to visit and eat.
>>
>> I guess I'll start spending more time outside to protect my
>> cat. I've got a snap trap I can put out but I'm worried it
>> would catch a cat instead.
>>
>> I know someone will tell me to keep her inside all the time
>> but that would be like keeping her a prisoner and she likes
>> to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine with her friends.
>>
>> *Damn Fox*.
>>
>> I had a puppy that cried all night so I started leaving it
>> outside. It did a lot better outside but still cried at night.
>> The other morning at 05:30 it was crying. When I went out at
>> 07:00 it was nowhere to be found. The neighbors said they
>> would let me know if they see it but I have my doubts now that
>> it will ever show back up.
>>
>> I'm going to leave my cat inside at night for at least a few
>> nights and stop putting food out for the neighborhood cats.
>> The cats around here are about half starved. The other night
>> we had rain so it was late when I put food out. When I looked
>> out there was a cat frantically looking for the dinner bowl.
>>
>> I'll check to see about buying a live trap big enough for a
>> fox. Animals like my land as it has lots of water and vegetation
>> compared to other property around here.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>> David
>

> Buy some TROLL deodorant.
What the hell is that supposed to mean? you *SOB*

honeybunch
June 14th 10, 10:12 PM
On Jun 14, 2:11*am, David Smith > wrote:
> On 06/13/2010 11:52 PM, MLB wrote:
>

> > David Smith wrote:
> >> I'm worried for my cats safety.
>
> >> She's been staying out all night since the weather got warm,
> >> and stays out a lot during the day. Tonight, right at dusk I
> >> was about to go outside for some fresh air, when I got to the
> >> door I saw my cat standing on her hind legs looking at
> >> something. There was a fox heading for her, she jumped onto a
> >> planter. The fox was going right for her like it was about to
> >> pounce. I let it see me and it ran away, looking back as it
> >> ran.
>
> >> My cat is naive and acted like she had no clue she was about
> >> to be eaten. She's eight years old but has always been lucky
> >> so far. At night she often stays in a tree, but also stays
> >> below the tree where she can climb it if danger comes.
>
> >> I've been leaving food out at night and her cat friends come
> >> over to visit and eat.
>
> >> I guess I'll start spending more time outside to protect my
> >> cat. I've got a snap trap I can put out but I'm worried it
> >> would catch a cat instead.
>
> >> I know someone will tell me to keep her inside all the time
> >> but that would be like keeping her a prisoner and she likes
> >> to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine with her friends.
>
> >> *Damn Fox*.
>
> >> I had a puppy that cried all night so I started leaving it
> >> outside. It did a lot better outside but still cried at night.
> >> The other morning at 05:30 it was crying. When I went out at
> >> 07:00 it was nowhere to be found. The neighbors said they
> >> would let me know if they see it but I have my doubts now that
> >> it will ever show back up.
>
> >> I'm going to leave my cat inside at night for at least a few
> >> nights and stop putting food out for the neighborhood cats.
> >> The cats around here are about half starved. The other night
> >> we had rain so it was late when I put food out. When I looked
> >> out there was a cat frantically looking for the dinner bowl.
>
> >> I'll check to see about buying a live trap big enough for a
> >> fox. Animals like my land as it has lots of water and vegetation
> >> compared to other property around here.
>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >> David
>
> > Buy some TROLL deodorant.
>
> What the hell is that supposed to mean? you *SOB*- Hide quoted text -

It means that its difficult to believe that you are sincere about the
safety of the animals in your care. Leaving a crying puppy outside
all night is sadistic and the same with leaving your cat outside after
you saw a fox trying to kill it. Please do not write to this list
anymore. We dont like you.

cshenk
June 14th 10, 11:58 PM
"David Smith" wrote

>>> I'm worried for my cats safety.

No, you are a troll.

>>> door I saw my cat standing on her hind legs looking at
>>> something. There was a fox heading for her, she jumped onto a
>>> planter.

Troll alert 1

Cats dont stand like that or jump in spots with no 'out'.

The rest is just more of the same.

David Smith
June 15th 10, 11:36 AM
On 06/14/2010 04:12 PM, honeybunch wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2:11 am, David > wrote:

>>> Buy some TROLL deodorant.
>>
>> What the hell is that supposed to mean? you *SOB*- Hide quoted text -

> It means that its difficult to believe that you are sincere about the
> safety of the animals in your care. Leaving a crying puppy outside
> all night is sadistic and the same with leaving your cat outside after
> you saw a fox trying to kill it. Please do not write to this list
> anymore. We dont like you.

Grow up bitch, I don't like you either.

David Smith
June 15th 10, 11:36 AM
On 06/14/2010 05:58 PM, cshenk wrote:
> "David Smith" wrote

> No, you are a troll.

> Troll alert 1
>
> Cats dont stand like that or jump in spots with no 'out'.
>
> The rest is just more of the same.
They damn sure do you dumb SOB

cybercat
June 15th 10, 03:57 PM
"David Smith" > wrote in message
> On 06/13/2010 11:52 PM, MLB wrote:
>> David Smith wrote:
>>> I'm worried for my cats safety.
>>>
>>> She's been staying out all night since the weather got warm,
>>> and stays out a lot during the day. Tonight, right at dusk I
>>> was about to go outside for some fresh air, when I got to the
>>> door I saw my cat standing on her hind legs looking at
>>> something. There was a fox heading for her, she jumped onto a
>>> planter. The fox was going right for her like it was about to
>>> pounce. I let it see me and it ran away, looking back as it
>>> ran.
>>>
>>> My cat is naive and acted like she had no clue she was about
>>> to be eaten. She's eight years old but has always been lucky
>>> so far. At night she often stays in a tree, but also stays
>>> below the tree where she can climb it if danger comes.
>>>
>>> I've been leaving food out at night and her cat friends come
>>> over to visit and eat.
>>>
>>> I guess I'll start spending more time outside to protect my
>>> cat. I've got a snap trap I can put out but I'm worried it
>>> would catch a cat instead.
>>>
>>> I know someone will tell me to keep her inside all the time
>>> but that would be like keeping her a prisoner and she likes
>>> to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine with her friends.
>>>
>>> *Damn Fox*.
>>>
>>> I had a puppy that cried all night so I started leaving it
>>> outside. It did a lot better outside but still cried at night.
>>> The other morning at 05:30 it was crying. When I went out at
>>> 07:00 it was nowhere to be found. The neighbors said they
>>> would let me know if they see it but I have my doubts now that
>>> it will ever show back up.
>>>
>>> I'm going to leave my cat inside at night for at least a few
>>> nights and stop putting food out for the neighborhood cats.
>>> The cats around here are about half starved. The other night
>>> we had rain so it was late when I put food out. When I looked
>>> out there was a cat frantically looking for the dinner bowl.
>>>
>>> I'll check to see about buying a live trap big enough for a
>>> fox. Animals like my land as it has lots of water and vegetation
>>> compared to other property around here.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>> David
>>

>> Buy some TROLL deodorant.
> What the hell is that supposed to mean? you *SOB*

It means **** off.

Max[_2_]
June 16th 10, 06:31 AM
Anyone who would leave a pet outside all night is a nut. Period. TOTAL
IRRESPONSIBILITY!!!

David Smith
June 16th 10, 05:02 PM
On 06/15/2010 03:24 PM, Kelly Greene wrote:
> "David Smith" > wrote in message
>> I'm worried for my cats safety.
>>
>> I know someone will tell me to keep her inside all the time
>> but that would be like keeping her a prisoner and she likes
>> to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine with her friends.
>
> I once believed it would be like keeping them in prison too. I lost two
> female cats that simply disappeared when I lived in the city. I lost
> both male kitties to the fox and coyotes out here in the country. What a
> horrible death for a cat. From now on all our cats will be indoor-only.
> There are plenty of things they can do indoors to keep them occupied.
> Just check out the cat toy and furniture section of any chain pet store.
Thank you for a decent reply to my post.

David Smith
June 16th 10, 05:03 PM
On 06/16/2010 12:31 AM, Max wrote:
> Anyone who would leave a pet outside all night is a nut. Period. TOTAL
> IRRESPONSIBILITY!!!
You stupid idiot

June 17th 10, 06:05 AM
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:36:19 -0500, David Smith >
wrote:

>On 06/14/2010 04:12 PM, honeybunch wrote:

>>> What the hell is that supposed to mean? you *SOB*- Hide quoted text -

>> It means that its difficult to believe that you are sincere about the
>> safety of the animals in your care. Leaving a crying puppy outside
>> all night is sadistic and the same with leaving your cat outside after
>> you saw a fox trying to kill it. Please do not write to this list
>> anymore. We dont like you.
>

>Grow up bitch, I don't like you either.

Just go away, you idiot.

If you REALLY have a cat, it's far,far better off serving as a meal for
a fox, than enduring what you consider to be 'care'.

The atavistic moronic miscreant tools ALWAYS come out when school lets
out....

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100616-1, 06/16/2010
Tested on: 6/17/2010 12:05:45 AM

dgk
June 17th 10, 03:53 PM
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:02:44 -0500, David Smith
> wrote:

>On 06/15/2010 03:24 PM, Kelly Greene wrote:
>> "David Smith" > wrote in message
>>> I'm worried for my cats safety.
>>>
>>> I know someone will tell me to keep her inside all the time
>>> but that would be like keeping her a prisoner and she likes
>>> to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine with her friends.
>>
>> I once believed it would be like keeping them in prison too. I lost two
>> female cats that simply disappeared when I lived in the city. I lost
>> both male kitties to the fox and coyotes out here in the country. What a
>> horrible death for a cat. From now on all our cats will be indoor-only.
>> There are plenty of things they can do indoors to keep them occupied.
>> Just check out the cat toy and furniture section of any chain pet store.
>Thank you for a decent reply to my post.

I have a small backyard and used stuff like Cat Fence In to build a
fence that they can't get out of. Well, they could if they really
wanted to climb a tree and jump over it but they don't want to leave
that badly.