PDA

View Full Version : new product supposed to trim nails?

ensoul[_2_]
July 16th 10, 05:04 PM
I see on the TV all the time, it looks like corrugated cardboard but
it
s supposed to trime their nails like would it they were outsides cats
and used tree's

anybody have experience with this?

Lynn

Smokie Darling (Annie)
July 18th 10, 11:10 PM
On Jul 16, 10:04*am, ensoul > wrote:
> I see on the TV all the time, it looks like corrugated cardboard but
> it
> s supposed to trime their nails like would it they were outsides cats
> and used tree's
>
> anybody have experience with this?
>
> Lynn

Yeah, according to a friend, they are great.... as a place for the
cats to lie down.

They don't use it as a "scratching" pad (isn't it called Emery Cat?).
Even when literally "drowned" in Catnip.

Bill Graham
July 19th 10, 12:02 AM
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" > wrote in message
On Jul 16, 10:04 am, ensoul > wrote:
> I see on the TV all the time, it looks like corrugated cardboard but
> it
> s supposed to trime their nails like would it they were outsides cats
> and used tree's
>
> anybody have experience with this?
>
> Lynn

Yeah, according to a friend, they are great.... as a place for the
cats to lie down.

They don't use it as a "scratching" pad (isn't it called Emery Cat?).
Even when literally "drowned" in Catnip.

Cats like wood.....Especially soft woods like redwood. Mine use the uprights
on my patio railings.....They will be cheap and easy to replace when and if
I move, so I don't care if they wreck them.

dgk
July 19th 10, 08:39 PM
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:02:17 -0700, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>"Smokie Darling (Annie)" > wrote in message
>On Jul 16, 10:04 am, ensoul > wrote:
>> I see on the TV all the time, it looks like corrugated cardboard but
>> it
>> s supposed to trime their nails like would it they were outsides cats
>> and used tree's
>>
>> anybody have experience with this?
>>
>> Lynn
>
>Yeah, according to a friend, they are great.... as a place for the
>cats to lie down.
>
>They don't use it as a "scratching" pad (isn't it called Emery Cat?).
>Even when literally "drowned" in Catnip.
>
>Cats like wood.....Especially soft woods like redwood. Mine use the uprights
>on my patio railings.....They will be cheap and easy to replace when and if
>I move, so I don't care if they wreck them.

Right, I have an outdoor table made of redwood and they just love
ripping it to shreds. They have actually rounded off the square legs!
Pretty amazing.

July 21st 10, 08:11 AM
On Jul 16, 9:04*am, ensoul > wrote:
> I see on the TV all the time, it looks like corrugated cardboard but
> it
> s supposed to trime their nails like would it they were outsides cats
> and used tree's
>
> anybody have experience with this?

It;s just cardboard with sand glued onto it, and the sand seems to
deter the cats, as many people have reported their cats don't like
them but do love regular cardboard.

I will also point out that they will not truly file a cat's nails.
They will do what any scratch toy does, helps them to shed the old
nails and reveal the new sharp ones.

Rene
July 22nd 10, 09:57 PM
> I will also point out that they will not truly file a cat's nails.
> They will do what any scratch toy does, helps them to shed the old
> nails and reveal the new sharp ones.

Yes. There is really no way for a cat to "file down" nails. The nails
shed in layers.

I read a number of non-cat forums, and the general opinion is that
this product is not well liked by cats. Some cats will play with the
toy that's attached to it (until that breaks) but that's about it. IMO
just buy an inexpensive cardboard scratcher instead.