PDA

View Full Version : Re: Declawing


EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
July 20th 10, 11:42 PM
John Doe wrote:
> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> John Doe wrote:
>
>>> Cats use their claws for practically everything they do, not
>>> just for self-defense. Cats use their claws for hunting,
>>> playing, exercise, soft defense, and for getting from here to
>>> there.
>
>> Have you ever actually OBSERVED a declawed cat in action?
>
> I have not, and I never will except maybe by chance. But I have
> this thing called COMMON SENSE

Really? Your posts certainly do not display much of it!

that trumps your claim to have a
> declawed cat and your superficial observations.

Not "superficial" at all, since I have actually LIVED with a declawed
cat, and you admit you have not! (Are you REALLY as ignorant as you
make yourself appear to be?)

>> Watching Cendrillon, you'd not realize she has no front claws.
>
> As more than a superficial observer, the difference would be
> obvious to me.

I challenge you to prove it!
>
>> She still has TOES, after all -
>
> The idea that a cat's toes are comparable to a cat's claws is just
> silly.

However, if you knew as much as you think you do, you'd be aware that
the declawing process involves amputation of the first joint of the
cat's toes. (Ergo....)
>
>> they only amputate the first joint in the declawing process.
>> People might not be very happy to lose the first joints of their
>> fingers, either, but as amputees, they'd adjust - their hands
>> and the remains of the fingers (including the opposable thumb)
>> would still be there.
>
> There is no comparison between a cat's claw and an individual
> joint of a human finger.

Why not? Declawing a cat involves just that amputation?
>
> Cats do not use their joints to hang on to anything,

(Rest of ignorant tirade snipped.)

>> I don't believe in docking dogs' tails, either, but even
>> tail-less they manage to "wag".
>
> And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's claws?

It's an integral part of the dog's anatomy, and equally necessary to
it's total well-being. (Idiot!)

cshenk
July 21st 10, 01:27 AM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote
> John Doe wrote:

John Doe almost looks like a spammer to me but hard to tell.

>>> Have you ever actually OBSERVED a declawed cat in action?

>> I have not, and I never will except maybe by chance. But I have this
>> thing called COMMON SENSE

> Really? Your posts certainly do not display much of it!

I rescued 2 cats I didnt want and was afraid to take. The owner was having
them put to sleep as his new wife developed an 'allergy' when pregnant. I
think her 'allergy' was cleaning the cat litter so he had to do it. (There
are reasons why pregnant humans shouldn't do that for a bit). The guy
wanted to review my home to be sure I was 'suitable for his beloved
kitties'. AKA spick and span clean and all that.

I cleaned up, and took the kitties adding them to a 2 cat existing household
and i have *never* declawed a cat. I learned instead how to train them to
acceptable behavior.

These 2 new kitties minced in with pain. A sad story and a rather ugly one.

I took them to my vet right away as even for declawed cats, this was very
abnormal. Vet took all the info I had on the guy and tried to take him to
court for animal abuse. Although he could not 'prove' it, he suspected the
guy did the job himself with toenail clippers. All 4 paws on both of them.

We never got the guy and the vet did me the best cut rare deal of 100$ a
foot for the 2 of them that he could (this was cost of materials and meds
only) to make it so they could walk pain-free.

I admit this is a radical case but I am just ever so much into not declawing
since that.

> Not "superficial" at all, since I have actually LIVED with a declawed cat,
> and you admit you have not! (Are you REALLY as ignorant as you make
> yourself appear to be?)

My attributes may be wrong (sue me). I have lived with 2 declawed and 2
normals at the same time. Fast I noted front declaw alone leads to more
hissing and defence becomes BITING which leads to vet due to puncture
wounds, rare in clawed kitties.

>> And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's claws?

> It's an integral part of the dog's anatomy, and equally necessary to it's
> total well-being. (Idiot!)

There we may differ a tiny bit. I don't agree with docking for dogs, but we
have over bred some versions to where they literally break their tails and
it may have to be done later to give them ability if it can't be reset. You
may find a search on 'cold tail' useful there. Our Cash-pup broke his tail
before we got him and had an incident about 1 year after we got him but it
healed. If it happens again, we may have to dock him to remove the pain if
he gets an unmovable tail hanging down. He's not your traditional 'dock
tail' sort so it isnt for cosmetics. Imagine part of your spine broken then
hanging helplessly down and hurting all the time. Thats when 'docking' is
medical. It removes the weight hanging down that they *cant* do anything
about except feel pain from.

So, my stance (forgive me if messed attributes up) is declawing is never
needed or good, but docking a dog *may* sometimes be a medical need.

Kyla =^..^=[_5_]
July 21st 10, 05:12 AM
"cshenk"
> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote
>> John Doe wrote:
>
> John Doe almost looks like a spammer to me but hard to tell.

I agree
>
>>>> Have you ever actually OBSERVED a declawed cat in action?
>
>>> I have not, and I never will except maybe by chance. But I have this
>>> thing called COMMON SENSE
>
>> Really? Your posts certainly do not display much of it!
>
> I rescued 2 cats I didnt want and was afraid to take. The owner was
> having them put to sleep as his new wife developed an 'allergy' when
> pregnant. I think her 'allergy' was cleaning the cat litter so he had to
> do it. (There are reasons why pregnant humans shouldn't do that for a
> bit). The guy wanted to review my home to be sure I was 'suitable for his
> beloved kitties'. AKA spick and span clean and all that.
>
> I cleaned up, and took the kitties adding them to a 2 cat existing
> household and i have *never* declawed a cat. I learned instead how to
> train them to acceptable behavior.
>
> These 2 new kitties minced in with pain. A sad story and a rather ugly
> one.
>
> I took them to my vet right away as even for declawed cats, this was very
> abnormal. Vet took all the info I had on the guy and tried to take him to
> court for animal abuse. Although he could not 'prove' it, he suspected
> the guy did the job himself with toenail clippers. All 4 paws on both of
> them.
>
> We never got the guy and the vet did me the best cut rare deal of 100$ a
> foot for the 2 of them that he could (this was cost of materials and meds
> only) to make it so they could walk pain-free.
>
> I admit this is a radical case but I am just ever so much into not
> declawing since that.
>
>> Not "superficial" at all, since I have actually LIVED with a declawed
>> cat, and you admit you have not! (Are you REALLY as ignorant as you make
>> yourself appear to be?)
>
> My attributes may be wrong (sue me). I have lived with 2 declawed and 2
> normals at the same time. Fast I noted front declaw alone leads to more
> hissing and defence becomes BITING which leads to vet due to puncture
> wounds, rare in clawed kitties.
>
>>> And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's claws?

Nice words Joe :/
>
>> It's an integral part of the dog's anatomy, and equally necessary to it's
>> total well-being. (Idiot!)
>
> There we may differ a tiny bit. I don't agree with docking for dogs, but
> we have over bred some versions to where they literally break their tails
> and it may have to be done later to give them ability if it can't be
> reset. You may find a search on 'cold tail' useful there. Our Cash-pup
> broke his tail before we got him and had an incident about 1 year after we
> got him but it healed. If it happens again, we may have to dock him to
> remove the pain if he gets an unmovable tail hanging down. He's not your
> traditional 'dock tail' sort so it isnt for cosmetics. Imagine part of
> your spine broken then hanging helplessly down and hurting all the time.
> Thats when 'docking' is medical. It removes the weight hanging down that
> they *cant* do anything about except feel pain from.
>
> So, my stance (forgive me if messed attributes up) is declawing is never
> needed or good, but docking a dog *may* sometimes be a medical need.

Thank you..I think declawing is wrong for any reason and that's the last I
am saying on the subject....it makes me sick!!! And yes, Joe is an idiot!!!
Kyla
>

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
July 21st 10, 06:52 PM
cshenk wrote:

>
> My attributes may be wrong (sue me). I have lived with 2 declawed and 2
> normals at the same time. Fast I noted front declaw alone leads to more
> hissing and defence becomes BITING which leads to vet due to puncture
> wounds, rare in clawed kitties.

I suspect that may be largely a matter of the individual cat's
temperament. It's Melisande (the cat with all her claws) who tends to
bite, often for no discernible reason. Cendrillon, on the other hand,
has never bitten me - and come to think of it, I don't remember ever
hearing her hiss! Of course, my observations involve only one cat that
has been declawed, and anyone who has ever lived with cats knows that
there is NO statement beginning with "All cats...." that does not have a
multitude of exceptions. My two seem very closely bonded - they groom
each other affectionately, sleep together on my bed at night, and most
of their "aggressive" games are clearly play.

cshenk
July 22nd 10, 12:22 AM
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote
> "cshenk"
>> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote
>>> John Doe wrote:
>>
>> John Doe almost looks like a spammer to me but hard to tell.
>
> I agree

Hard to tell.

>> I rescued 2 cats I didnt want and was afraid to take. The owner was
>> having them put to sleep as his new wife developed an 'allergy' when
>> pregnant. I think her 'allergy' was cleaning the cat litter so he had to
>> do it. (There are reasons why pregnant humans shouldn't do that for a
>> bit). The guy wanted to review my home to be sure I was 'suitable for
>> his beloved kitties'. AKA spick and span clean and all that.

The OP said if I didnt pass muster, he was having thew 2 cats put the sleep.
He 'loved them to much to let them go to an impefect house'.

>> I cleaned up, and took the kitties adding them to a 2 cat existing
>> household and i have *never* declawed a cat. I learned instead how to
>> train them to acceptable behavior.
>>
>> These 2 new kitties minced in with pain. A sad story and a rather ugly
>> one.
>>
>> I took them to my vet right away as even for declawed cats, this was very
>> abnormal. Vet took all the info I had on the guy and tried to take him to
>> court for animal abuse. Although he could not 'prove' it, he suspected
>> the guy did the job himself with toenail clippers. All 4 paws on both of
>> them.
>>
>> We never got the guy and the vet did me the best cut rare deal of 100$ a
>> foot for the 2 of them that he could (this was cost of materials and meds
>> only) to make it so they could walk pain-free.
>>
>> I admit this is a radical case but I am just ever so much into not
>> declawing since that.
>>
>>> Not "superficial" at all, since I have actually LIVED with a declawed
>>> cat, and you admit you have not! (Are you REALLY as ignorant as you
>>> make yourself appear to be?)
>>
>> My attributes may be wrong (sue me). I have lived with 2 declawed and 2
>> normals at the same time. Fast I noted front declaw alone leads to more
>> hissing and defence becomes BITING which leads to vet due to puncture
>> wounds, rare in clawed kitties.
>>
>>>> And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's claws?
>
> Nice words Joe :/

He's not relating a potential medical need with a 'gee it would be nice it
they cant scratch the couch'.

Lets face it, I rescued 2 cats from an asshole and even the vet tried to
find him to charge him with animal abuse.

>>> It's an integral part of the dog's anatomy, and equally necessary to
>>> it's total well-being. (Idiot!)

>> There we may differ a tiny bit. I don't agree with docking for dogs, but
>> we have over bred some versions to where they literally break their tails
>> and it may have to be done later to give them ability if it can't be
>> reset. You may find a search on 'cold tail' useful there. Our Cash-pup
>> broke his tail before we got him and had an incident about 1 year after
>> we got him but it healed. If it happens again, we may have to dock him to
>> remove the pain if he gets an unmovable tail hanging down. He's not your
>> traditional 'dock tail' sort so it isnt for cosmetics. Imagine part of
>> your spine broken then hanging helplessly down and hurting all the time.
>> Thats when 'docking' is medical. It removes the weight hanging down that
>> they *cant* do anything about except feel pain from.
>>
>> So, my stance (forgive me if messed attributes up) is declawing is never
>> needed or good, but docking a dog *may* sometimes be a medical need.
>
> Thank you..I think declawing is wrong for any reason and that's the last I
> am saying on the subject....it makes me sick!!! And yes, Joe is an
> idiot!!!
> Kyla

Unilaterally claiming docking of a dog is 'bad' can be the same. I would
not do it just based on breed, but it is possible to save *Cash-pup* pain,
we may have to in the future. Imagine a broken piece of your spine you cant
lift or wag that hurts all the time and you can see where this can be a
medical issue. They sometimes need to dock a cats tail over the same.

Buddy (cat) had to be 'docked'. He was hit by a car and I adopted him off
the humane society in something like 1981. I was told his tail was crushed
beyond repair except the stub of about 2 inches.

Cash-pup has a broken tail but it causes no pain. If he re-breaks it, he
will need pain meds and docking to reduce his pain. This is a medical
procedure in this case, not cosmetic. Sad smile, he's a mixed breed but
looks more beagle and you don't doc beagles normally. I'm hoping he never
needs it as he's happier as nature made him.

Bill Graham
July 22nd 10, 12:33 AM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote in message
m...
>
>
> cshenk wrote:
>
>>
>> My attributes may be wrong (sue me). I have lived with 2 declawed and 2
>> normals at the same time. Fast I noted front declaw alone leads to more
>> hissing and defence becomes BITING which leads to vet due to puncture
>> wounds, rare in clawed kitties.
>
> I suspect that may be largely a matter of the individual cat's
> temperament. It's Melisande (the cat with all her claws) who tends to
> bite, often for no discernible reason. Cendrillon, on the other hand, has
> never bitten me - and come to think of it, I don't remember ever hearing
> her hiss! Of course, my observations involve only one cat that has been
> declawed, and anyone who has ever lived with cats knows that there is NO
> statement beginning with "All cats...." that does not have a multitude of
> exceptions. My two seem very closely bonded - they groom each other
> affectionately, sleep together on my bed at night, and most of their
> "aggressive" games are clearly play.

Biting transmits diseases such as FIV, but scratching with front claws
doesn't......Yet another reason to discourage declawing cats.......

John Doe
July 25th 10, 01:22 AM
"cshenk" <cshenk1 cox.net> wrote:

> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote
>> John Doe wrote:
>
> John Doe almost looks like a spammer to me but hard to tell.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Where did that silliness come from?
In fact, I am a spammer's worst (private) enemy.
--


















> Path: news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com! news.glorb.com!news2.glorb.com!Xl.tags.giganews.co m!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com! local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POS TED!not-for-mail
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:27:17 -0500
> From: "cshenk" <cshenk1 cox.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> References: <4b553702$0$2428$834e42db reader.greatnowhere.com> <00066c73$0$2718$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <RPudnaQ3G4JS3fLWnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d giganews.com> <4bbd743f$0$24367$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <VN2dnfBKaM0xsCPWnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d earthlink.com> <4c43ddb6$0$14495$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <JtidnQodT5HJKNnRnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d earthlink.com> <4c44e0c2$0$32543$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <ipidnWD2kP3Lu9vRnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d earthlink.com>
> In-Reply-To: <ipidnWD2kP3Lu9vRnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d earthlink.com>
> Subject: Re: Declawing
> Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 20:27:16 -0400
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6002.18197
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6002.18197
> Message-ID: <WJOdnXedaZV4o9vRnZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d giganews.com>
> Lines: 66
> X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
> X-Trace: sv3-mzeQJhVsfcSR9xwz5xbLw378rvoraouV4Cuv3ttfCkpoRJHe+7 AE1c8abJn032MkH+WJgcW50g2jZb+!vFgIbxKd4DBwp/StA/EmME3WUVnn8uJvovt/PALAcSzcZBCooU0Z/0DR7Jlu/wJ+s3ei6IoiuUOD
> X-Complaints-To: abuse giganews.com
> X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
> X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
> X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
> X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
>

John Doe
July 25th 10, 01:23 AM
"Kyla =^..^=" <klya YOOhoo.not> wrote:

> "cshenk"
>> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote
>>> John Doe wrote:

>> John Doe almost looks like a spammer to me but hard to tell.
>
> I agree

lol
silly troll
--























>>>>> Have you ever actually OBSERVED a declawed cat in action?
>>
>>>> I have not, and I never will except maybe by chance. But I have this
>>>> thing called COMMON SENSE
>>
>>> Really? Your posts certainly do not display much of it!
>>
>> I rescued 2 cats I didnt want and was afraid to take. The owner was
>> having them put to sleep as his new wife developed an 'allergy' when
>> pregnant. I think her 'allergy' was cleaning the cat litter so he had to
>> do it. (There are reasons why pregnant humans shouldn't do that for a
>> bit). The guy wanted to review my home to be sure I was 'suitable for his
>> beloved kitties'. AKA spick and span clean and all that.
>>
>> I cleaned up, and took the kitties adding them to a 2 cat existing
>> household and i have *never* declawed a cat. I learned instead how to
>> train them to acceptable behavior.
>>
>> These 2 new kitties minced in with pain. A sad story and a rather ugly
>> one.
>>
>> I took them to my vet right away as even for declawed cats, this was very
>> abnormal. Vet took all the info I had on the guy and tried to take him to
>> court for animal abuse. Although he could not 'prove' it, he suspected
>> the guy did the job himself with toenail clippers. All 4 paws on both of
>> them.
>>
>> We never got the guy and the vet did me the best cut rare deal of 100$ a
>> foot for the 2 of them that he could (this was cost of materials and meds
>> only) to make it so they could walk pain-free.
>>
>> I admit this is a radical case but I am just ever so much into not
>> declawing since that.
>>
>>> Not "superficial" at all, since I have actually LIVED with a declawed
>>> cat, and you admit you have not! (Are you REALLY as ignorant as you make
>>> yourself appear to be?)
>>
>> My attributes may be wrong (sue me). I have lived with 2 declawed and 2
>> normals at the same time. Fast I noted front declaw alone leads to more
>> hissing and defence becomes BITING which leads to vet due to puncture
>> wounds, rare in clawed kitties.
>>
>>>> And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's claws?
>
> Nice words Joe :/
>>
>>> It's an integral part of the dog's anatomy, and equally necessary to it's
>>> total well-being. (Idiot!)
>>
>> There we may differ a tiny bit. I don't agree with docking for dogs, but
>> we have over bred some versions to where they literally break their tails
>> and it may have to be done later to give them ability if it can't be
>> reset. You may find a search on 'cold tail' useful there. Our Cash-pup
>> broke his tail before we got him and had an incident about 1 year after we
>> got him but it healed. If it happens again, we may have to dock him to
>> remove the pain if he gets an unmovable tail hanging down. He's not your
>> traditional 'dock tail' sort so it isnt for cosmetics. Imagine part of
>> your spine broken then hanging helplessly down and hurting all the time.
>> Thats when 'docking' is medical. It removes the weight hanging down that
>> they *cant* do anything about except feel pain from.
>>
>> So, my stance (forgive me if messed attributes up) is declawing is never
>> needed or good, but docking a dog *may* sometimes be a medical need.
>
> Thank you..I think declawing is wrong for any reason and that's the last I
> am saying on the subject....it makes me sick!!! And yes, Joe is an idiot!!!
> Kyla
>>
>
>
>
>

> Path: news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com! npeer01.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
> From: "Kyla =^..^=" <klya YOOhoo.not>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Declawing
> Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:12:01 -0700
> Lines: 80
> Message-ID: <8anac5FikoU1 mid.individual.net>
> References: <4b553702$0$2428$834e42db reader.greatnowhere.com> <00066c73$0$2718$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <RPudnaQ3G4JS3fLWnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d giganews.com> <4bbd743f$0$24367$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <VN2dnfBKaM0xsCPWnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d earthlink.com> <4c43ddb6$0$14495$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <JtidnQodT5HJKNnRnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d earthlink.com> <4c44e0c2$0$32543$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <ipidnWD2kP3Lu9vRnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d earthlink.com> <WJOdnXedaZV4o9vRnZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d giganews.com>
> Reply-To: "Kyla =^..^=" <klya yooHOO.not>
> X-Trace: individual.net ga0UDwYO3Zm/acQehN2snwF4YGLkuV1TGOggMxw4mKnNTBL4aU
> Cancel-Lock: sha1:552S3M+Dej4zq+V99IGqTms6PSQ=
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5931
> X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
>
>

John Doe
July 25th 10, 01:31 AM
"cshenk" > wrote:

> "Kyla =^..^=" wrote
>> "cshenk"
>>> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote
>>>> John Doe wrote:

>>> John Doe almost looks like a spammer to me but hard to tell.
>>
>> I agree
>
> Hard to tell.

Technically speaking... Trying to tell whether anyone is a spammer
is impossible unless you are their ISP. You cannot tell by a
particular identification, you know, people can use multiple IDs.

But why on earth (really comical to me) would you think that I am
a spammer? Talk about lamebrain observations...

>>>>> And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's
>>>>> claws?
>>
>> Nice words Joe :/
>
> He's not relating a potential medical need with a 'gee it would
> be nice it they cant scratch the couch'.

I guess my meaning is not obvious, but it really should be IMO.
You run into people who do not know their ass from a hole in the
ground on the Internet.

I am not talking about your needs, I am talking about the animal.

A cat uses its claws for practically everything. A dog uses its
tail for wagging. So what the **** does clipping a dog's tail have
to do with removing a cat's claws?

John Doe
July 25th 10, 01:43 AM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:

> John Doe wrote:
>> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> John Doe wrote:

>>>> Cats use their claws for practically everything they do, not
>>>> just for self-defense. Cats use their claws for hunting,
>>>> playing, exercise, soft defense, and for getting from here to
>>>> there.

>>> She still has TOES, after all -
>>
>> The idea that a cat's toes are comparable to a cat's claws is
>> just silly.

>>> they only amputate the first joint in the declawing process.
>>> People might not be very happy to lose the first joints of
>>> their fingers, either, but as amputees, they'd adjust - their
>>> hands and the remains of the fingers (including the opposable
>>> thumb) would still be there.
>>
>> There is no comparison between a cat's claw and an individual
>> joint of a human finger.
>
> Why not?

Cats do not use their joints to hang on to anything, they use
their claws. Cats use their claws unlike anything we use our
individual joints for. Removing a cat's claw is is not at all like
removing just the first joint of a human finger, it is like
removing the entire finger. A gymnast cannot grab onto a crossbar
with the first joint of his finger, he has to use the whole
finger. A cat cannot grab onto a tree (or an enemy, or prey, or a
ball, or a climbing post) without claws.

> Declawing a cat involves just that amputation?

Yes, Moron, but I am talking about the effect.

>>> I don't believe in docking dogs' tails, either, but even
>>> tail-less they manage to "wag".
>>
>> And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's
>> claws?
>
> It's an integral part of the dog's anatomy, and equally
> necessary to it's total well-being. (Idiot!)

Says a Moron who does not know the difference in function and
importance between a cat's claws and a dog's tail.
--
























> Path: news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com! news.glorb.com!news2.glorb.com!Xl.tags.giganews.co m!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com! local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!ne ws.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:42:28 -0500
> Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:42:12 -0700
> From: "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net>
> Reply-To: evgmsop earthlink.net
> User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 (Windows/20100228)
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav ,free.usenet
> Subject: Re: Declawing
> References: <4b553702$0$2428$834e42db reader.greatnowhere.com> <00066c73$0$2718$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <RPudnaQ3G4JS3fLWnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d giganews.com> <4bbd743f$0$24367$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <VN2dnfBKaM0xsCPWnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d earthlink.com> <4c43ddb6$0$14495$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <JtidnQodT5HJKNnRnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d earthlink.com> <4c44e0c2$0$32543$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com>
> In-Reply-To: <4c44e0c2$0$32543$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Message-ID: <ipidnWD2kP3Lu9vRnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d earthlink.com>
> Lines: 64
> X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 4.240.12.205
> X-Trace: sv3-1ZjrnNC8CNg66c0H1Y4O4F4TxqOJwuE6vnOpGD1UaOTGPp4FvL +HzylwGuzs2c1ativawafDiXG7ABH!GjEwgP3n8ktPyyvLEyXt peyPdYO0XslPJo5V4nE85QsOQEPLxa1hDDeL/TLF15TKtGhhD6NJrvFE!RyI7Mmc80NyC
> X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
> X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
> X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
>
>
>

Joani H
July 25th 10, 02:19 AM
On Jul 24, 8:43*pm, John Doe > wrote:
> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:
> > John Doe wrote:
> >> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:
> >>> John Doe wrote:
> >>>> Cats use their claws for practically everything they do, not
> >>>> just for self-defense. Cats use their claws for hunting,
> >>>> playing, exercise, soft defense, and for getting from here to
> >>>> there.
> >>> She still has TOES, after all -
>
> >> The idea that a cat's toes are comparable to a cat's claws is
> >> just silly.
> >>> they only amputate the first joint in the declawing process.
> >>> People might not be very happy to lose the first joints of
> >>> their fingers, either, but as amputees, they'd adjust - their
> >>> hands and the remains of the fingers (including the opposable
> >>> thumb) would still be there. *
>
> >> There is no comparison between a cat's claw and an individual
> >> joint of a human finger.
>
> > Why not? *
>
> Cats do not use their joints to hang on to anything, they use
> their claws. Cats use their claws unlike anything we use our
> individual joints for. Removing a cat's claw is is not at all like
> removing just the first joint of a human finger, it is like
> removing the entire finger. A gymnast cannot grab onto a crossbar
> with the first joint of his finger, he has to use the whole
> finger. A cat cannot grab onto a tree (or an enemy, or prey, or a
> ball, or a climbing post) without claws.
>
> > Declawing a cat involves just that amputation?
>
> Yes, Moron, but I am talking about the effect.
>
> >>> I don't believe in docking dogs' tails, either, but even
> >>> tail-less they manage to "wag".
>
> >> And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's
> >> claws?
>
> > It's an integral part of the dog's anatomy, and equally
> > necessary to it's total well-being. *(Idiot!)
>
> Says a Moron who does not know the difference in function and
> importance between a cat's claws and a dog's tail.
> --
>
>
>
> > Path: news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com! news.glorb.com!news2.glor*b.com!Xl.tags.giganews.c om!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com !*local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com! news.earthlink.com.POSTED!n*ot-for-mail
> > NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:42:28 -0500
> > Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:42:12 -0700
> > From: "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net>
> > Reply-To: evgmsop earthlink.net
> > User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 (Windows/20100228)
> > MIME-Version: 1.0
> > Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav ,free.usenet
> > Subject: Re: Declawing
> > References: <4b553702$0$2428$834e42db reader.greatnowhere.com> <00066c73$0$2718$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <RPudnaQ3G4JS3fLWnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d giganews.com> <4bbd743f$0$24367$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <VN2dnfBKaM0xsCPWnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d earthlink.com> <4c43ddb6$0$14495$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com> <JtidnQodT5HJKNnRnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d earthlink.com> <4c44e0c2$0$32543$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com>
> > In-Reply-To: <4c44e0c2$0$32543$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
> > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> > Message-ID: <ipidnWD2kP3Lu9vRnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d earthlink.com>
> > Lines: 64
> > X-Usenet-Provider:http://www.giganews.com
> > NNTP-Posting-Host: 4.240.12.205
> > X-Trace: sv3-1ZjrnNC8CNg66c0H1Y4O4F4TxqOJwuE6vnOpGD1UaOTGPp4FvL +HzylwGuzs2c1ativawaf*DiXG7ABH!GjEwgP3n8ktPyyvLEyX tpeyPdYO0XslPJo5V4nE85QsOQEPLxa1hDDeL/TLF15TKtG*hhD6NJrvFE!RyI7Mmc80NyC
> > X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
> > X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
> > X-Postfilter: 1.3.40- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

My personal opinion, as if anyone cared, is that if someone finds the
claws on a cat inconvenient for any reason, should not own a cat. As
for dogs tails - there are dogs, I own one, who are born with docked
tails. They were bred that way for a specific purpose, particularly
in the working dog. I adopted my dog from a shelter not caring what
breed she was. Again, my personal opinion, docking a dog's tail
simply for esthetics is cruel. Equally so for those who doc ears and
tails to make a dog better in the fight ring - cruel and disgusting.

Joani

John Doe
July 25th 10, 02:35 AM
Joani H > wrote:

> My personal opinion, as if anyone cared,

We care.

> is that if someone finds the claws on a cat inconvenient for any
> reason, should not own a cat. As for dogs tails - there are
> dogs, I own one, who are born with docked tails. They were bred
> that way for a specific purpose, particularly in the working
> dog. I adopted my dog from a shelter not caring what breed she
> was. Again, my personal opinion, docking a dog's tail simply
> for esthetics is cruel. Equally so for those who doc ears and
> tails to make a dog better in the fight ring - cruel and
> disgusting.

I would agree that removing a dog's tale is not a good thing, but
the idea that a dog's tail has as much value to a dog as a cat's
claws has to a cat, that is simply ridiculous.

If changing the minds of morons were possible... I would explain
that a cat's claws are extremely more valuable than the end joint
of a human finger. I find really strange that anyone (who claims
to know anything about cats) would not understand the difference.
A cat's claws are about as useful as a person's fingers, the whole
fingers. Claws are what cats use to grip things.

Claws are the essence of a cat. That is why the two terms "claw"
and "cat" are synonymous.

cshenk
July 25th 10, 02:15 PM
"John Doe" wrote
> "cshenk" wrote:

>> Hard to tell.

> Technically speaking... Trying to tell whether anyone is a spammer
> is impossible unless you are their ISP. You cannot tell by a
> particular identification, you know, people can use multiple IDs.

People who automatically include other groups often look like 'spammers'
though I grant the one you added is at least related to the thread.

> But why on earth (really comical to me) would you think that I am
> a spammer? Talk about lamebrain observations...

Calling other people names is a fairly classic signal.

>>>>>> And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's
>>>>>> claws?
>>>
>>> Nice words Joe :/
>>
>> He's not relating a potential medical need with a 'gee it would
>> be nice it they cant scratch the couch'.
>
> I guess my meaning is not obvious, but it really should be IMO.

> A cat uses its claws for practically everything. A dog uses its
> tail for wagging. So what the **** does clipping a dog's tail have
> to do with removing a cat's claws?

That neirher should be done unless it is a medical issue.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
July 26th 10, 12:26 AM
John Doe wrote:
> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> John Doe wrote:
>>> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:
>>>> John Doe wrote:
>
>>>>> Cats use their claws for practically everything they do, not
>>>>> just for self-defense. Cats use their claws for hunting,
>>>>> playing, exercise, soft defense, and for getting from here to
>>>>> there.
>
>>>> She still has TOES, after all -
>>> The idea that a cat's toes are comparable to a cat's claws is
>>> just silly.
>
>>>> they only amputate the first joint in the declawing process.
>>>> People might not be very happy to lose the first joints of
>>>> their fingers, either, but as amputees, they'd adjust - their
>>>> hands and the remains of the fingers (including the opposable
>>>> thumb) would still be there.
>>> There is no comparison between a cat's claw and an individual
>>> joint of a human finger.
>> Why not?
>
> Cats do not use their joints to hang on to anything, they use
> their claws. Cats use their claws unlike anything we use our
> individual joints for. Removing a cat's claw is is not at all like
> removing just the first joint of a human finger, it is like
> removing the entire finger. A gymnast cannot grab onto a crossbar
> with the first joint of his finger, he has to use the whole
> finger. A cat cannot grab onto a tree (or an enemy, or prey, or a
> ball, or a climbing post) without claws.
>
>> Declawing a cat involves just that amputation?
>
> Yes, Moron, but I am talking about the effect.

An effect with which you admit you have no real first-hand knowledge!
You firmly stated that you have never actually OBSERVED a declawed cat
in action. (Who's the moron, in this case - shall we take a vote?)

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
July 26th 10, 12:37 AM
Joani H wrote:

> My personal opinion, as if anyone cared, is that if someone finds the
> claws on a cat inconvenient for any reason, should not own a cat.

Mine, too - however I didn't find that any reason NOT to adopt a cat
whose claws had been removed by a previous owner! (She has proved a
joyful and affectionate companion, and she and my other - fully clawed -
cat are closely bonded friends.)

> As
> for dogs tails - there are dogs, I own one, who are born with docked
> tails.

Excuse me? I am no authority on dog breeds, so there may well be some
who are genetically tailless, just as there are cats (like the Manx and
the Japanese bob-tail) born without tails. However, the word "docking"
implies surgical removal, not an inborn trait of the breed.

Mishi[_2_]
July 26th 10, 03:16 AM
On 7/25/2010 7:37 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
>
>
> Joani H wrote:
>
>> My personal opinion, as if anyone cared, is that if someone finds the
>> claws on a cat inconvenient for any reason, should not own a cat.
>
> Mine, too - however I didn't find that any reason NOT to adopt a cat
> whose claws had been removed by a previous owner! (She has proved a
> joyful and affectionate companion, and she and my other - fully clawed -
> cat are closely bonded friends.)
>
>> As
>> for dogs tails - there are dogs, I own one, who are born with docked
>> tails.
>
> Excuse me? I am no authority on dog breeds, so there may well be some
> who are genetically tailless, just as there are cats (like the Manx and
> the Japanese bob-tail) born without tails. However, the word "docking"
> implies surgical removal, not an inborn trait of the breed.

Boston Terriers are normally born with a nubby tail. <G>

Joani H
July 26th 10, 04:08 AM
On Jul 25, 10:16*pm, Mishi > wrote:
> On 7/25/2010 7:37 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Joani H wrote:
>
> >> My personal opinion, as if anyone cared, is that if someone finds the
> >> claws on a cat inconvenient for any reason, should not own a cat.
>
> > Mine, too - however I didn't find that any reason NOT to adopt a cat
> > whose claws had been removed by a previous owner! (She has proved a
> > joyful and affectionate companion, and she and my other - fully clawed -
> > cat are closely bonded friends.)
>
> >> As
> >> for dogs tails - there are dogs, I own one, who are born with docked
> >> tails.
>
> > Excuse me? I am no authority on dog breeds, so there may well be some
> > who are genetically tailless, just as there are cats (like the Manx and
> > the Japanese bob-tail) born without tails. However, the word "docking"
> > implies surgical removal, not an inborn trait of the breed.
>
> Boston Terriers are normally born with a nubby tail. <G>- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Those nubs are too cute - especially when they get to waggin'
fursiously!

Joani

John Doe
July 26th 10, 06:12 AM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote:

> John Doe wrote:
>> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> John Doe wrote:
>>>> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:
>>>>> John Doe wrote:
>>
>>>>>> Cats use their claws for practically everything they do,
>>>>>> not just for self-defense. Cats use their claws for
>>>>>> hunting, playing, exercise, soft defense, and for getting
>>>>>> from here to there.
>>
>>>>> She still has TOES, after all -

>>>> The idea that a cat's toes are comparable to a cat's claws is
>>>> just silly.
>>
>>>>> they only amputate the first joint in the declawing process.
>>>>> People might not be very happy to lose the first joints of
>>>>> their fingers, either, but as amputees, they'd adjust -
>>>>> their hands and the remains of the fingers (including the
>>>>> opposable thumb) would still be there.

>>>> There is no comparison between a cat's claw and an individual
>>>> joint of a human finger.

>>> Why not?
>>
>> Cats do not use their joints to hang on to anything, they use
>> their claws. Cats use their claws unlike anything we use our
>> individual joints for. Removing a cat's claw is is not at all
>> like removing just the first joint of a human finger, it is
>> like removing the entire finger. A gymnast cannot grab onto a
>> crossbar with the first joint of his finger, he has to use the
>> whole finger. A cat cannot grab onto a tree (or an enemy, or
>> prey, or a ball, or a climbing post) without claws.
>>
>>> Declawing a cat involves just that amputation?
>>
>> Yes, Moron, but I am talking about the effect.
>
> An effect with which you admit you have no real first-hand
> knowledge! You firmly stated that you have never actually
> OBSERVED a declawed cat in action. (Who's the moron, in this
> case - shall we take a vote?)

Have you ever observed a man with no dick trying to ****?

Taking care of a declawed cat is honorable IMO, you just
understate the damage the perpetrator did.
--

John Doe
July 26th 10, 06:32 AM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evgmsop earthlink.net> wrote:

> Joani H wrote:
>
>> My personal opinion, as if anyone cared, is that if someone
>> finds the claws on a cat inconvenient for any reason, should
>> not own a cat.
>
> Mine, too - however I didn't find that any reason NOT to adopt a
> cat whose claws had been removed by a previous owner

I would enjoy rescuing a declawed cat. But that would mean some of
their exercise equipment would have to be remade.

I have one that is probably more of a challenge, a feral female
taken in from the neighborhood that suffers from chronic fear of
human beings. If she is looking out of the window from the second
floor when someone is down in the yard about 30 feet away, if that
person simply turns and looks up at the window, the cat will run
away from the window. She is that fearful of people. I did not
realize the horror until one day when I noticed her respiration was
extremely fast. After that, I totally backed off and more or less
avoided being in the same area. Sometimes I gently say "I like
Kiki..." and she replies "Then why are you here?"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3190773594/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210 N04/3190773594/

The one that is paying attention. Her progress is in tiny little
increments, each noticeable improvement in her ability to cope is
months apart. If nothing else, it is an interesting study of
paranoia.

Good luck and have fun.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
July 26th 10, 08:58 PM
John Doe wrote:

> Have you ever observed a man with no dick trying to ****?

No. (But then, I don't consider sex a spectator sport.)
>
> Taking care of a declawed cat is honorable IMO, you just
> understate the damage the perpetrator did.

And you overstate it, through ignorance and lack of experience! (I've
known of declawed cats who even managed to climb trees, when they had
owners clueless enough to allow them outdoors.)