PDA

View Full Version : love bites?

Grawun
August 18th 10, 09:27 PM
Sometimes when I am hugging and petting my cat she gives me a very
soft little bite. Since it is so gentle and she does it when I am
giving her loves I think it must be a love bite. Does your cat do
that?

Rene
August 19th 10, 08:45 PM
On Aug 18, 3:27*pm, Grawun > wrote:
> Sometimes when I am hugging and petting my cat she gives me *a very
> soft little bite. *Since it is so gentle and she does it when I am
> giving her loves I think it must be a love bite. *Does your cat do
> that?

Our Benny will sometimes do that when I've been petting him. Just a
tiny little nibble, then he will continue purring and rubbing for
attention.

---MIKE---
August 20th 10, 01:23 AM
Tiger does this sometimes as he settles down on my lap.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Aaron Eel (Ehrin)
August 20th 10, 02:53 AM
On Aug 18, 4:27*pm, Grawun > wrote:
> Sometimes when I am hugging and petting my cat she gives me *a very
> soft little bite. *Since it is so gentle and she does it when I am
> giving her loves I think it must be a love bite. *Does your cat do
> that?

She is trying to let you know that your attentions are unwelcome at
the time. Still, do not allow her to bite at all. Especially when
she’s a kitten. Once they start, it's only a few years to a full-
fledged bite. It can be a protest over not getting a wanted snackb or
perhaps a bit of jealousy over attention given to a rival. But the
point is, don’t let them start biting. Not even during play. We spent
a year trying to get ours off the habit that *we* started in play-
time. It cumulated in a nasty bite on the ankle for taking away a
battered (but still-living) lizard that was a recent t hard-earned
prize! Biting is the worst crime a cat can commot around here. And
since that day, it's never happened again..

Ehrin
(Ehrin Lloyd)

Bill Graham
August 20th 10, 03:06 AM
"Grawun" > wrote in message
> Sometimes when I am hugging and petting my cat she gives me a very
> soft little bite. Since it is so gentle and she does it when I am
> giving her loves I think it must be a love bite. Does your cat do
> that?

Yes.....My cats give me love bites all the time....Usually when I am petting
or scratching them, or brushing them. One of my problems is that I have
psoriasis on my hands and arms, so their love bites frequently draw
blood....:^)

August 20th 10, 08:16 AM
On Aug 18, 1:27*pm, Grawun > wrote:
> Sometimes when I am hugging and petting my cat she gives me *a very
> soft little bite. *Since it is so gentle and she does it when I am
> giving her loves I think it must be a love bite. *Does your cat do
> that?

Several of mine have given love bites. Unfortunately, Jay Jay (16 lbs)
gives a pretty hefty love bite. He can pop the blood vessel in my arm
without breaking the skin. He also bit my face once. He was purring
away, licked my face, and then bit me. It wasn't bad, but it should
did hurt. I used to have a cat who chewed gently rather than biting.
Didn't bother me at all.