PDA

View Full Version : cat's get cold?

ensoul[_2_]
August 19th 10, 05:50 AM
Moe has been sneezing a lot, for past 3 weeks..but I have his brother
too and Rudy doesn't do this, you'd thing if was cold he's get too,
though at first it was going to be a hairball..there are indoor only
and vacations are up to date

Moe eats well,no prob in the kitty litter area, still super loving,
and still likes to play...and have had cats for since I was 18 many
moons ago -- mentioning this because have cats live with me tend to
know more abt them,,I ven took it temp., that's normal too

there no other signs of being sick

there are door only and vacations are up to date

I can't afford to take Moe to the vet and before anyone jumps for
getting cats when I can't afford it...we (late hubby) I could have
afforded it, since Rick's death threw me into low income basis

Lynn

Petzl
August 19th 10, 11:08 AM
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:50:55 -0700 (PDT), ensoul
> wrote:

>Moe has been sneezing a lot, for past 3 weeks..but I have his brother
>too and Rudy doesn't do this, you'd thing if was cold he's get too,
>though at first it was going to be a hairball..there are indoor only
>and vacations are up to date
>

>Moe eats well,no prob in the kitty litter area, still super loving,
>and still likes to play...and have had cats for since I was 18 many
>moons ago -- mentioning this because have cats live with me tend to
>know more abt them,,I ven took it temp., that's normal too
>
>there no other signs of being sick
>
>there are door only and vacations are up to date
>
>I can't afford to take Moe to the vet and before anyone jumps for
>getting cats when I can't afford it...we (late hubby) I could have
>afforded it, since Rick's death threw me into low income basis
>
>Lynn

probably not much to worry about (cats often do this for a while,
Allergy?)
Keep cat away from others (have it sleep with you) should come right
Petzl
--
Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years, and his last year was AD 37. wrote:"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul,the regions of Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received the religion of Christ."

Rene
August 19th 10, 08:43 PM
> I can't afford to take Moe to the vet and before anyone jumps for
> getting cats when I can't afford it...we (late hubby) I could have
> afforded it, since Rick's death threw me into low income basis

Any pussy discharge from the eyes or nose? Squinting or watery eyes?

It's possible they are having an allergy to something, either in the
house or the air. Have you added anything new to the house--new
cleaners, detergents, new carpeting?

ensoul[_2_]
August 19th 10, 11:07 PM
On Aug 19, 3:43*pm, Rene > wrote:
> > I can't afford to take Moe to the vet and before anyone jumps for
> > getting cats when I can't afford it...we (late hubby) I could have
> > afforded it, since Rick's death threw me into low income basis
>
> Any pussy discharge from the eyes or nose? Squinting or watery eyes?
>
> It's possible they are having an allergy to something, either in the
> house or the air. Have you added anything new to the house--new
> cleaners, detergents, new carpeting?

no running nose or eyes or squinting, no new carpeting, not like
apartmnet complex owner would ever do that (she's a cheapo)

it's only Moe that has been sneezing a lot, his brother Rudy doesn't
do it all...when he sneezes there is wet discharge not sicky, green or
yellow, rather it's clear

this isn't new but the AC has been running non stop..I've had for 4
yrs now this is first time that my area got hit w/the super hot
weather, living an upstairs apartment I think makes it much
hotter...my windows slide across not up & down the AC isn't windows
rather in a space when place was built higher up on the wall it's
aimed at their level I'm 4 ft 11 and AC is higher that my reach
(luckily I have remote for it)

thanks for the suggestions

Lynn

ensoul[_2_]
August 19th 10, 11:11 PM
On Aug 19, 3:43*pm, Rene > wrote:
> > I can't afford to take Moe to the vet and before anyone jumps for
> > getting cats when I can't afford it...we (late hubby) I could have
> > afforded it, since Rick's death threw me into low income basis
>
> Any pussy discharge from the eyes or nose? Squinting or watery eyes?
>
> It's possible they are having an allergy to something, either in the
> house or the air. Have you added anything new to the house--new
> cleaners, detergents, new carpeting?

yikes just saw what Petzi posted abt keeping Moe separate, don't know
how ..they don't sleep with me because they make too much noise, both
have acess to my bdrm before I go to bed...live in small apartment
don't how I'd keep them apart ..prob. too late now since it's been
going for around 2 weeks

Lynn

Aaron Eel (Ehrin)
August 20th 10, 03:06 AM
On Aug 19, 12:50*am, ensoul > wrote:
> Moe has been sneezing *a lot, for past 3 weeks..but I have his brother
> too and Rudy doesn't do this, you'd thing if was cold he's get too,
> though at first it was going to be a hairball..there are indoor only
> and vacations are up to date
>
> Moe eats well,no prob in the kitty litter area, still super loving,
> and still likes to play...and have had cats for since I was 18 many
> moons ago -- mentioning this because have cats live with me tend to
> know more abt them,,I ven took it temp., that's normal too
>
> there no other signs of being sick
>
> there are door only and vacations are up to date
>
> I can't afford to take Moe to the vet and before anyone jumps for
> getting cats when I can't afford it...we (late hubby) I could have
> afforded it, since Rick's death threw me into low income basis
>
> Lynn

There is a nice female tiger-striped cat that has taken our house to
be her home. She really wants in awful bad, but she constantly sneezes
and mucus goes flying everywhere. That's different from your problem
in that respect. It's been going on ever since she wandered up. We
feed her and she's been spayed. But that's all. She sure seems like
she wants to come inside. I told my significant other that it looked
to me that she'd been an inside cat before. We want to get her tested
for leukemia and bring her in, but all of that mucus….. I don’t know.
We did this once before for another outside wandered and she wouldn't
use the litter! 250 bucks out the window there. But now we're more
careful. Your cat sounds like she’s got allergies to me. Just like a
person.

Aaron Eel
(Ehrin Lloyd)

http://thecheesehole.com/gallery/myPh3.photo/800--found%20images-Mermaid%20w_Eel.JPG

Petzl
August 20th 10, 10:26 AM
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:11:05 -0700 (PDT), ensoul
> wrote:

>yikes just saw what Petzi posted abt keeping Moe separate, don't know
>how ..they don't sleep with me because they make too much noise, both
>have acess to my bdrm before I go to bed...live in small apartment
>don't how I'd keep them apart ..prob. too late now since it's been
>going for around 2 weeks
>
>Lynn

Sounds like a minor allergy Hot weather brings outside odours in that
can cause cats to sneeze and can last a while, over a month (try a new
or wash filter in air conditioner)
I just use a cat bed on my bed for cat to sleep in stops one rolling
on cat as well (the Igloo stiff fabric type are cheap and good as well
as laundry washable mine cost AU$10, in the USA should be real cheap)
--
Petzl
Battle Hymn of the Republic

dejablues[_4_]
August 21st 10, 04:14 AM
ensoul wrote:
> Moe has been sneezing a lot, for past 3 weeks..but I have his brother
> too and Rudy doesn't do this, you'd thing if was cold he's get too,
> though at first it was going to be a hairball..there are indoor only
> and vacations are up to date

Maybe he got sick when you took him on vacation. Cats do not like to be
cold, can you increase the heat ?

> Moe eats well,no prob in the kitty litter area, still super loving,
> and still likes to play...and have had cats for since I was 18 many
> moons ago -- mentioning this because have cats live with me tend to
> know more abt them,,I ven took it temp., that's normal too
>
> there no other signs of being sick
>
> there are door only and vacations are up to date
>
> I can't afford to take Moe to the vet and before anyone jumps for
> getting cats when I can't afford it...we (late hubby) I could have
> afforded it, since Rick's death threw me into low income basis

Rick died in 2006, and you were not married to him, so what this has to do
with your inability to care for your cats, I have no idea. Stop taking
vacations if you can't afford to take your cats to the vet!