PDA

View Full Version : allergy eyes

jmc[_2_]
September 5th 10, 04:19 AM
When cats have allergies that cause watery eyes, is there anything that
can be done about it? Only one eye is affected - been discussed with
the vet in the past but so far she hasn't offered anything, and, of
course, starting last night her eye is worse than usual (she's a little
squinty). Started earlier this week, at the same time my eyes got
itchier and more annoying than normal. It isn't something that requires
a trip to the emergency vet, but it'd be nice if I could use something
safe to try to wash out her eye a bit, see if that helps. Any suggestions?

jmc

Bill Graham
September 5th 10, 07:22 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> When cats have allergies that cause watery eyes, is there anything that
> can be done about it? Only one eye is affected - been discussed with the
> vet in the past but so far she hasn't offered anything, and, of course,
> starting last night her eye is worse than usual (she's a little squinty).
> Started earlier this week, at the same time my eyes got itchier and more
> annoying than normal. It isn't something that requires a trip to the
> emergency vet, but it'd be nice if I could use something safe to try to
> wash out her eye a bit, see if that helps. Any suggestions?
>
> jmc

I am allergic to ragweed. When the season starts, my eyes tear and itch. The
best thing for them is cool, clean water.....After I wash out my eyes with
fresh water, the itching goes away for several hours.....I can't see how the
same thing wouldn't be good for your cat....Certainly, it couldn't hurt. The
only question is how to do it without the cat's cooperation....:^)