PDA

View Full Version : Cat sprays on neighbor balcony

Higgs Boson
September 16th 10, 05:09 AM
My cat, a fixed male, loves to visit around the neighborhood. One of
my neighbors "Anne" said that she likes to have my cat visit, because
he is company for her (indoor) cat. He used to snuggle on her bed
with her cat, but she doesn't let him in the house anymore because he
SPRAYS. Now on her balcony,and it smellsl. He NEVER did this at home!

I remember we went through this some years ago, and I suggested she
spray him with water to discourage him. But she doesn't want to do
that! I'm not sure where she's coming from; she is not at all
hostile; says her cat loves the company. I said I would research if
there is anything she can apply to her balcony to wipe out the traces
of the smell, so he won't do it any more.

Help!

Rene
September 16th 10, 02:46 PM
Get a gallon of Petzyme (available at Petsmart stores) enzymatic
cleaner meant for cat urine and have her SOAK her balcony with it. She
may need to cover the balcony with plastic to allow the cleaner time
to work (read the instructions on the bottle).

Also, you might want to bring him into your vet's office for a check
up (and bring a urine sample). If he's never done this before, he
might be having urinary problems.

Rene

Higgs Boson
September 16th 10, 11:11 PM
On Sep 16, 6:46*am, Rene > wrote:
> Get a gallon of Petzyme (available at Petsmart stores) enzymatic
> cleaner meant for cat urine and have her SOAK her balcony with it. She
> may need to cover the balcony with plastic to allow the cleaner time
> to work (read the instructions on the bottle).
>
> Also, you might want to bring him into your vet's office for a check
> up (and bring a urine sample). If he's never done this before, he
> might be having urinary problems.
>
> Rene

Thanks for the reference. I'll mention it to "Anne", though she seems
ambivalent about the situation.

As to my little "boy" , he's never done this at home, but according to
"Anne",
he's been doing it for years, so it isn't anything new.

I'll mention it to the vet next time I take him in. But basically,
"Anne"
needs to cooperate, instead of just mentioning it and then declining
offers of help.

Your advice appreciated!

celia19O5
September 20th 10, 11:01 AM
Oh, I have a cat, just a small one. She like going out very much.
Normally, she plays with some others near my house, but I havenot gt complaint from my neighbours about my cat. Lucky me :)