PDA

View Full Version : One less mouse

KenK
September 29th 10, 06:40 PM
Emily, the mighty huntress, caught(?) her first mouse (that I know of) at
age 15 yesterday at 3AM. I hope she caught it and didn't find a dead
mouse. Got out of my bed to visit her litter pan and came back with a mouse
in her mouth. Pandemonium for about an hour. She finally ate it - all but
the head. Hope she doesn't catch a disease or get a parasite. And digests
it ok (two normal BMs since). Oh well, she had a lot of fun.

dgk
September 30th 10, 03:12 PM
On 29 Sep 2010 17:40:46 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>Emily, the mighty huntress, caught(?) her first mouse (that I know of) at
>age 15 yesterday at 3AM. I hope she caught it and didn't find a dead
>mouse. Got out of my bed to visit her litter pan and came back with a mouse
>in her mouth. Pandemonium for about an hour. She finally ate it - all but
>the head. Hope she doesn't catch a disease or get a parasite. And digests
>it ok (two normal BMs since). Oh well, she had a lot of fun.

We VERY rarely have a mouse in the house, three in 15 years, but it is
certainly a treat when it happens. If I didn't think that they're cute
I would get a few to release just so the cats get some exercise.

That's when I get very happy that I'm far bigger than a cat. They are
such awesome killers and so sadistic. It isn't enough to kill a mouse,
no, you must play with it and toss it in the air a few times.

Bill Graham
October 1st 10, 04:40 AM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On 29 Sep 2010 17:40:46 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>
>>Emily, the mighty huntress, caught(?) her first mouse (that I know of) at
>>age 15 yesterday at 3AM. I hope she caught it and didn't find a dead
>>mouse. Got out of my bed to visit her litter pan and came back with a
>>mouse
>>in her mouth. Pandemonium for about an hour. She finally ate it - all but
>>the head. Hope she doesn't catch a disease or get a parasite. And digests
>>it ok (two normal BMs since). Oh well, she had a lot of fun.
>
> We VERY rarely have a mouse in the house, three in 15 years, but it is
> certainly a treat when it happens. If I didn't think that they're cute
> I would get a few to release just so the cats get some exercise.
>
> That's when I get very happy that I'm far bigger than a cat. They are
> such awesome killers and so sadistic. It isn't enough to kill a mouse,
> no, you must play with it and toss it in the air a few times.

My B-K (found in a Burger King parking lot) loves to catch mice and other
little critters, and bring them in the house where the other cats (4 others)
will play with them. I usually hear the commotion, and catch their toy and
let it out....:^)

dgk
October 1st 10, 01:54 PM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:40:17 -0700, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>"dgk" > wrote in message
>> On 29 Sep 2010 17:40:46 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>>
>>>Emily, the mighty huntress, caught(?) her first mouse (that I know of) at
>>>age 15 yesterday at 3AM. I hope she caught it and didn't find a dead
>>>mouse. Got out of my bed to visit her litter pan and came back with a
>>>mouse
>>>in her mouth. Pandemonium for about an hour. She finally ate it - all but
>>>the head. Hope she doesn't catch a disease or get a parasite. And digests
>>>it ok (two normal BMs since). Oh well, she had a lot of fun.
>>
>> We VERY rarely have a mouse in the house, three in 15 years, but it is
>> certainly a treat when it happens. If I didn't think that they're cute
>> I would get a few to release just so the cats get some exercise.
>>
>> That's when I get very happy that I'm far bigger than a cat. They are
>> such awesome killers and so sadistic. It isn't enough to kill a mouse,
>> no, you must play with it and toss it in the air a few times.
>
>My B-K (found in a Burger King parking lot) loves to catch mice and other
>little critters, and bring them in the house where the other cats (4 others)
>will play with them. I usually hear the commotion, and catch their toy and
>let it out....:^)

A few months back I posted in another group about the possum
explosion. I glnaced into the hallway and saw Espy and Nipsy starring
at something on the floor between them. Turned out that it was a baby
possum. It looked dead so I picked it up with a piece of paper towel
and it was quite alive. So I liberated it into the neighbors yard.
There were several more baby possum incidents that day. Apparently a
mother had let them loose near my backyard and the cats kept finding
them, and I kept rescuing them.

Bill Graham
October 2nd 10, 12:51 AM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:40:17 -0700, "Bill Graham" >
> wrote:

>>> We VERY rarely have a mouse in the house, three in 15 years, but it is
>>> certainly a treat when it happens. If I didn't think that they're cute
>>> I would get a few to release just so the cats get some exercise.
>>>
>>> That's when I get very happy that I'm far bigger than a cat. They are
>>> such awesome killers and so sadistic. It isn't enough to kill a mouse,
>>> no, you must play with it and toss it in the air a few times.
>>
>>My B-K (found in a Burger King parking lot) loves to catch mice and other
>>little critters, and bring them in the house where the other cats (4
>>others)
>>will play with them. I usually hear the commotion, and catch their toy and
>>let it out....:^)
>
> A few months back I posted in another group about the possum
> explosion. I glnaced into the hallway and saw Espy and Nipsy starring
> at something on the floor between them. Turned out that it was a baby
> possum. It looked dead so I picked it up with a piece of paper towel
> and it was quite alive. So I liberated it into the neighbors yard.
> There were several more baby possum incidents that day. Apparently a
> mother had let them loose near my backyard and the cats kept finding
> them, and I kept rescuing them.

I think the possum's tactic of playing dead works very well against domestic
cats. They aren't likely to eat them, so when they "die", they lose interest
in them. We have several of them who come up on our porch at night to eat
the raccoon's dog food, and I have yet to find a dead one.....

AnnMarie
October 6th 10, 05:57 PM
Hope you took him or her to the vet. Eating a rodent they can catch
anything... My cat ate a live bird and he caught (I call them tummy
bugs). Yuck!!!