PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Paws

Rhino[_3_]
November 30th 10, 08:01 PM
I posted a few days ago about cat-proofing my mattress and several people
recommended Sticky Paws, which I found at the PetSmart website.

I was somewhat disappointed to find that three out of the four customer
reviews of Sticky Paws were very negative; they basically said it didn't
work and was a waste of money; they gave it a 1 out of 5 rating and I think
that they would have given it a zero if that option had been available. The
other rating was a 5 out of 5.

I know that very few products ever please absolutely everyone that uses it
and it's particularly predictable that cat products would be less pleasing
due to the inherent finickiness of cats :-) (I've got two large drawers full
of cat toys and most were played with only once - and half-heartedly at
that!)

Still, does anyone have any idea why some people would have such a negative
reaction? Is there some trick to using Sticky Paws that might have eluded
the people that gave it negative reviews?

If I knew that trick, I might have a higher confidence that Sticky Paws
would work for me.

--
Rhino

Rene S.
November 30th 10, 10:51 PM
To each their own. My biggest "con" is the price--they are not
inexpensive for what you get. As far as performance, it works great--
sticks to all types of furniture without damaging it. (I wouldn't use
it on things like leather, though.) It is a bit tricky to apply--it
can stick to itself or double back on itself and be wasteful.

Target stores do sell their brand of "sticky paws" on a roll that also
works well. Not all of the stores carry it, though. It's inexpensive,
about $5.50 per roll.

Rene

obsidianjg
December 2nd 10, 03:22 AM
On Nov 30, 2:01*pm, "Rhino" >
wrote:
> I posted a few days ago about cat-proofing my mattress and several people
> recommended Sticky Paws, which I found at the PetSmart website.
>
> I was somewhat disappointed to find that three out of the four customer
> reviews of Sticky Paws were very negative; they basically said it didn't
> work and was a waste of money; they gave it a 1 out of 5 rating and I think
> that they would have given it a zero if that option had been available. The
> other rating was a 5 out of 5.
>
> I know that very few products ever please absolutely everyone that uses it
> and it's particularly predictable that cat products would be less pleasing
> due to the inherent finickiness of cats :-) (I've got two large drawers full
> of cat toys and most were played with only once - and half-heartedly at
> that!)
>
> Still, does anyone have any idea why some people would have such a negative
> reaction? Is there some trick to using Sticky Paws that might have eluded
> the people that gave it negative reviews?
>
> If I knew that trick, I might have a higher confidence that Sticky Paws
> would work for me.
>
> --
> Rhino

It works very well for small contained areas. My biggest complaint
also was the price. I thought it very expensive if you have to cover a
larger area like a carpet in a hallway or a large area on the
mattress. When I used it, my cat was scratching just one corner of a
box spring. But still, I had to use nearly half a package to cover the
area. Luckily my cat tried it and didn't hit on the idea to move his
activities about a handspan to the side. I hadn't covered that
area ;-). He is cured now.

Obsidianjg

Grawun
December 12th 10, 09:53 PM
On Nov 30, 5:01*pm, "Rhino" >
wrote:
> I posted a few days ago about cat-proofing my mattress and several people
> recommended Sticky Paws, which I found at the PetSmart website.
>
> I was somewhat disappointed to find that three out of the four customer
> reviews of Sticky Paws were very negative; they basically said it didn't
> work and was a waste of money; they gave it a 1 out of 5 rating and I think
> that they would have given it a zero if that option had been available. The
> other rating was a 5 out of 5.
>
> I know that very few products ever please absolutely everyone that uses it
> and it's particularly predictable that cat products would be less pleasing
> due to the inherent finickiness of cats :-) (I've got two large drawers full
> of cat toys and most were played with only once - and half-heartedly at
> that!)
>
> Still, does anyone have any idea why some people would have such a negative
> reaction? Is there some trick to using Sticky Paws that might have eluded
> the people that gave it negative reviews?
>
> If I knew that trick, I might have a higher confidence that Sticky Paws
> would work for me.
>
> --
> Rhino

It is expensive but not as much as replacing clawed upholstery. I
used Sticky Paws on the corners of chairs where the cat liked to claw.
He hated the sticky and did not claw there anymore. Since Sticky Paws
is clear it doesn't look too bad either.