PDA

View Full Version : Cat Litter Question

Rockinghorse Winner[_5_]
March 17th 11, 02:51 PM
Shopping for cat litter, I notice that there are two basic kinds of the non
clumping kind (the cheap kind!): regualar and scented (multi-cat).

I am confused as to why it is marketed this way. wouldn't the highly scented
kind be the preferable type for MOST cat owners, whether they have 1,2, or
more cats? Who, especially those like me who live in an apt., would not
prefer the litter that has more perfume?!

I realize some people may be allergic to scented litter, and some more may
just not like the scent, but I would guess these are a minority. Why is the
scented litter marketed as 'multi-cat,' rather than the less scented stuff
sold as 'unscented,' 'hypoallergenic' or something like that?

*R* *H*