PDA

View Full Version : Health survey needs your help

Pet Health Researchers
April 8th 11, 09:57 PM
If you could post the following and encourage your members to forward
it appropriately, we'd greatly appreciate it! Currently we have +150
cats enrolled and will be needing thousands in order to provide a long
term research study.

Please consider joining us on FB too:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pet-Health-Researchers/159441164109538

Thanks,

Lisa Pickering
Research Coordinator, Pet Health Researchers

Greetings Pet Owners!

Pet Health Researchers welcome you to our annual survey and hope this
is the beginning of a long and beneficial relationship between pet
owners and our staff.

Our goal is provide valuable unbiased information from which pet
owners, pet care professionals and veterinarians may reference while
making decisions regarding lifestyle, health care and nutrition.

We are independent researchers completely unsupported by any
veterinary organization, pet food company or any professional profit
making business. Our staff includes professionals from pet care,
education, and academic research industries. For the next 10+ years,
we will follow your petís life with the hopes to find definitive,
unbiased answers to many questions pet owners and pet care
professionals currently pose.

Your responses will help educate and provide insight into our pet's
lives, health and longevity. Your support is extremely important and
we hope you feel this goal is worthy of 20-30 minutes of your time!

The survey participates will be asked to join a long term study,
receiving one large survey (similar to this first survey) annually
and, with your permission, one-two, fun, quick, focused surveys
throughout the year. You may end your survey participation at any
time, as participation in this study is completely voluntary. Survey
participants will also be notified with a link when the results are
published.

Each pet will be surveyed individually, so please choose the number of
pets you would like to contribute to the study if you have more than
one. The initial survey (first pet) should take anywhere from 20 to
30 minutes to complete. Additional pets take 5-15 minutes as the
questions include only individual pet information and you will be
familiar with the questions.

This survey is based in the United States. If you do not live in the
U.S., but would still like to participate, please understand other
countries were not included when writing this survey; some breeds, or
product brands, may not be included.

Here are the links to the species-specific surveys:

Dogs (24-31 questions per pet, plus 14 household/demographics
questions per pet owner):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dE0wYU96cHk1LU84SzZZQUVqUWJTTkE6M Q

Cats (22-29 questions per pet, plus 14 household/demographics
questions per pet owner):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFY3Z0pfNmVQSHFQNjNVTDJmeVVoNXc6M Q

Ferrets (18-25 questions per pet, plus 14 household/demographics
questions per pet owner):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFVDVFN2U01TMUZLX0JDSDlGMDRiNUE6M Q

We greatly appreciate your participation in this study. We reiterate
that we will ALWAYS treat your information with the highest level of
privacy and respect.

We look forward to working with you and your pets!

Please feel free to email us with comments, questions, or pictures of
your pets at and/or find us on
facebook: Pet Health Researchers (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pet-
Health-Researchers/159441164109538?ref=ts)

Thank you!