PDA

View Full Version : KILLEEN, TX 3 Year Rabies ALERT

Kris L. Christine
June 24th 11, 02:33 PM
TEXAS: Killeen City Council will hold a workshop July 5 to discuss adopting a 3 year rabies ordinance for the city. They will vote July 12.

What You Can Do to Help:

Contact the City Council members to vote in favor:

Scott Cosper (254) 526-2167
Larry Cole (254) 289-7012
Billy Workman (254) 338-8337
Kenny Wells (254) 681-4977 Juan Rivera (254) 338-4304
Terry Clark (254) 466-9082

PERMISSION GRANTED TO CROSS-POST

Bill Graham
June 24th 11, 11:32 PM
Kris L. Christine wrote:
> *TEXAS: Killeen *City Council will hold a workshop July 5 to discuss
> adopting a 3 year rabies ordinance for the city. They will vote July
> 12.
>
> *_What_You_Can_Do_to_Help:*_
>
> Contact the City Council members to vote in favor:
>
> Scott Cosper (254) 526-2167
> Larry Cole (254) 289-7012
> Billy Workman (254) 338-8337
> Kenny Wells (254) 681-4977 Juan Rivera
> (254) 338-4304
> Terry Clark (254) 466-9082
>
> PERMISSION GRANTED TO CROSS-POST

And what, exactly, is a, "three year rabies ordinance"?

Kris L. Christine
June 25th 11, 02:30 PM
A 3 year ordinance would allow dogs & cats to be vaccinated against rabies once every 3 years instead of every year.

Bill Graham
June 25th 11, 11:46 PM
Kris L. Christine wrote:
> A 3 year ordinance would allow dogs & cats to be vaccinated against
> rabies once every 3 years instead of every year.

Well, if the vaccination process is good for three years, then its a good
thing, but if not, then it isn't. Its amazing how stupid legislaters are
when it comes to science and simple logic.....

dgk
June 27th 11, 01:35 PM
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 15:46:53 -0700, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>Kris L. Christine wrote:
>> A 3 year ordinance would allow dogs & cats to be vaccinated against
>> rabies once every 3 years instead of every year.
>
>Well, if the vaccination process is good for three years, then its a good
>thing, but if not, then it isn't. Its amazing how stupid legislaters are
>when it comes to science and simple logic.....

Actually, most legislators aren't stupid, although sometimes they have
to listen to whoever has the most money. There are probably some
issues with a three year vaccine (possible cancer risks maybe) and
they're trying to sort it out. I don't expect my legislators to be
experts on pet vaccines but I do expect them to learn about it when
the subject comes up.

My experience with the government in my area is pretty positive. I go
to see them about some issue, they listen. Sometimes they agree,
sometimes not, but they aren't stupid.

Kris L. Christine
July 13th 11, 12:48 PM
Killeen, Texas unanimously passes 3 year rabies protocol.
Killeen Approves Animal Ordinance

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=58214 Killeen Daily Herald 7/12/11

"The vaccination portion of the new amendment is aimed at decreasing instances of over-vaccination. "