PDA

View Full Version : Cat eating cat litter

M[_3_]
July 26th 11, 07:38 PM
I have found my cat occasionally nibbles at new unsoiled cat litter. Is
there a reason for this, perhaps something missing in her diet?
Thanks

Matthew[_3_]
July 26th 11, 08:52 PM
"M" > wrote in message
>I have found my cat occasionally nibbles at new unsoiled cat litter. Is
>there a reason for this, perhaps something missing in her diet?
> Thanks

It is called Pica she needs to be seen by a vet certain cat litter can
cause SERIOUS problems if ingested

Rene[_2_]
July 26th 11, 09:58 PM
Yes, I agree with Matthew. Please take her to the vet. She may have a
deficiency or other medical issue. Make sure to tell your vet she is
doing this. It can be dangerous if you are using any kind of clumping
litter!

jmc[_2_]
July 27th 11, 01:07 AM
Suddenly, without warning, M exclaimed (7/26/2011 2:38 PM):
> I have found my cat occasionally nibbles at new unsoiled cat litter. Is
> there a reason for this, perhaps something missing in her diet?
> Thanks

I'd say this would depend on what kind of litter you're using. Clay
litter, this can be a problem, but I'm not sure it's an issue if the
litter is made from corn or other plant materials.

jmc

Bill Graham
July 27th 11, 06:51 AM
jmc wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, M exclaimed (7/26/2011 2:38 PM):
>> I have found my cat occasionally nibbles at new unsoiled cat litter.
>> Is there a reason for this, perhaps something missing in her diet?
>> Thanks
>
> I'd say this would depend on what kind of litter you're using. Clay
> litter, this can be a problem, but I'm not sure it's an issue if the
> litter is made from corn or other plant materials.
>
> jmc

.....Maybe dried catnip?

dgk
July 27th 11, 02:51 PM
On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:51:49 -0700, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>jmc wrote:
>> Suddenly, without warning, M exclaimed (7/26/2011 2:38 PM):
>>> I have found my cat occasionally nibbles at new unsoiled cat litter.
>>> Is there a reason for this, perhaps something missing in her diet?
>>> Thanks
>>
>> I'd say this would depend on what kind of litter you're using. Clay
>> litter, this can be a problem, but I'm not sure it's an issue if the
>> litter is made from corn or other plant materials.
>>
>> jmc
>
>....Maybe dried catnip?

Cat litter made from dried catnip - oh, that would be popular in my
household but probably not a good idea.

But like the other's said, I'd ask my vet.

jmc[_2_]
July 31st 11, 02:51 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Bill Graham exclaimed (7/27/2011 1:51 AM):
> jmc wrote:
>> Suddenly, without warning, M exclaimed (7/26/2011 2:38 PM):
>>> I have found my cat occasionally nibbles at new unsoiled cat litter.
>>> Is there a reason for this, perhaps something missing in her diet?
>>> Thanks
>>
>> I'd say this would depend on what kind of litter you're using. Clay
>> litter, this can be a problem, but I'm not sure it's an issue if the
>> litter is made from corn or other plant materials.
>>
>> jmc
>
> ....Maybe dried catnip?

lol. Maybe that's what's in Cat Attract (which works well, btw)

jmc

Bill Graham
July 31st 11, 07:29 AM
jmc wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, Bill Graham exclaimed (7/27/2011 1:51 AM):
>> jmc wrote:
>>> Suddenly, without warning, M exclaimed (7/26/2011 2:38 PM):
>>>
>>> I'd say this would depend on what kind of litter you're using. Clay
>>> litter, this can be a problem, but I'm not sure it's an issue if the
>>> litter is made from corn or other plant materials.
>>>
>>> jmc
>>
>> ....Maybe dried catnip?
>
> lol. Maybe that's what's in Cat Attract (which works well, btw)
>
> jmc

How long ago did they stop Coca Cola from putting cocain in their drinks? -
Unfortunately, cats don't get that kind of protection from the
government......