PDA

View Full Version : My poor kitty

nobody
July 31st 11, 08:03 PM
My nine year old tan and white guy is currently at the emergency vet.
He started vomiting yesterday after eating and became somewhat
listless. We took him at 2am because he wasn't holding anything down.
Bloodwork came back ok except for slightly decreased white blood cell
count. Xrays indicated no obstructions and *maybe* some fluid in the
chest. The vet suggested we might be looking at pancreatitis and we
have elected to do supportive care for now at the hospital to see how
he progresses. No vomiting since 2am but no food either. They will
try feeding hiim later and see how it goes. Any suggestions on how to
best treat pancreatiis and any other possibilities of the cause of his
condition?

dgk
August 1st 11, 02:06 PM
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:03:53 -0400, NoBody > wrote:

>My nine year old tan and white guy is currently at the emergency vet.
>He started vomiting yesterday after eating and became somewhat
>listless. We took him at 2am because he wasn't holding anything down.
>Bloodwork came back ok except for slightly decreased white blood cell
>count. Xrays indicated no obstructions and *maybe* some fluid in the
>chest. The vet suggested we might be looking at pancreatitis and we
>have elected to do supportive care for now at the hospital to see how
>he progresses. No vomiting since 2am but no food either. They will
>try feeding hiim later and see how it goes. Any suggestions on how to
>best treat pancreatiis and any other possibilities of the cause of his
>condition?

I know nothing about it but offer purrs. Let us know how he is.

nobody
August 2nd 11, 11:40 AM
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 09:06:07 -0400, dgk > wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:03:53 -0400, NoBody > wrote:
>
>>My nine year old tan and white guy is currently at the emergency vet.
>>He started vomiting yesterday after eating and became somewhat
>>listless. We took him at 2am because he wasn't holding anything down.
>>Bloodwork came back ok except for slightly decreased white blood cell
>>count. Xrays indicated no obstructions and *maybe* some fluid in the
>>chest. The vet suggested we might be looking at pancreatitis and we
>>have elected to do supportive care for now at the hospital to see how
>>he progresses. No vomiting since 2am but no food either. They will
>>try feeding hiim later and see how it goes. Any suggestions on how to
>>best treat pancreatiis and any other possibilities of the cause of his
>>condition?
>
>I know nothing about it but offer purrs. Let us know how he is.

He's home and slowly improving but no definitive diagnosis. Put him
on Baytril and he improved. No one knows what to make of it. Now his
sister seems a bit "off" but I can't tell if I'm just being paranoid
based on this weekend.

Rene[_2_]
August 2nd 11, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry you (and he!) are going through this. Our oldest cat,
Tucker, has had pancreatitis. Here is a great article you should read:
http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proceedings/PR05000/PR00114.htm

You may want to print out a copy for your vet.

The KEYS to treatment are pain control and fluids. Both are very
important. Get a bag of sub cutaneous fluids, some 18 gauge needles,
and give him fluids every day at home. You will also want to feed him
a grain-free wet diet (something like Evo, Wellness, Nature's
Variety).

You may email me if you want more information.

Rene

nobody
August 3rd 11, 11:19 AM
On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 06:54:56 -0700 (PDT), Rene >
wrote:

>I'm sorry you (and he!) are going through this. Our oldest cat,
>Tucker, has had pancreatitis. Here is a great article you should read:
>http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proceedings/PR05000/PR00114.htm
>
>You may want to print out a copy for your vet.
>
>The KEYS to treatment are pain control and fluids. Both are very
>important. Get a bag of sub cutaneous fluids, some 18 gauge needles,
>and give him fluids every day at home. You will also want to feed him
>a grain-free wet diet (something like Evo, Wellness, Nature's
>Variety).
>
>You may email me if you want more information.
>
>Rene

My regular vet on Monday ran a test that he said was pretty definitive
in diagnosing pancreatitis. It came out negative...which is
good...but what the heck happened? He is about 80% back to normal at
this point on the antibiotic. Thanks for your support!

MLB[_4_]
August 3rd 11, 06:32 PM
On 08/03/2011 04:19 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 06:54:56 -0700 (PDT), >
> wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry you (and he!) are going through this. Our oldest cat,
>> Tucker, has had pancreatitis. Here is a great article you should read:
>> http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proceedings/PR05000/PR00114.htm
>>
>> You may want to print out a copy for your vet.
>>
>> The KEYS to treatment are pain control and fluids. Both are very
>> important. Get a bag of sub cutaneous fluids, some 18 gauge needles,
>> and give him fluids every day at home. You will also want to feed him
>> a grain-free wet diet (something like Evo, Wellness, Nature's
>> Variety).
>>
>> You may email me if you want more information.
>>
>> Rene
>
> My regular vet on Monday ran a test that he said was pretty definitive
> in diagnosing pancreatitis. It came out negative...which is
> good...but what the heck happened? He is about 80% back to normal at
> this point on the antibiotic. Thanks for your support!

Sending get well uickly purrs and prayers. TuTu