PDA

View Full Version : Re: Kitten Keeps Pooping On The Carpet

jmc[_2_]
August 2nd 11, 02:43 AM
Suddenly, without warning, manjiyu exclaimed (7/28/2011 5:54 AM):
> Hi folks. this is driving me crazy so I'd appreciate some tips please.
>
> Our 10-weeks old Kitten Crystal started pooping on the carpet at the top
> of our stairs last week. She uses her litter tray to both wee and poop
> but more often than not she is pooping on this particular piece of
> carpet. It's the only place in our house that we have carpet but I'd
> really like to stop this from happening. Any suggestions?

You'll get a lot of good suggestions, but as a start I suggest you buy
some Cat Attract litter. Has worked wonders for my inveterate "what
litterbox?" pooper. I still don't know why she didn't want to use the
box (I've tried most of the suggestions that people will offer), but not
one single incident since I replaced Worlds Best with this stuff.

I hate using clay litter but it's better than cleaning crap off the
carpet on a daily basis!

jmc

Rene[_2_]
August 2nd 11, 02:50 PM
> You'll get a lot of good suggestions, but as a start I suggest you buy
> some Cat Attract litter. *Has worked wonders for my inveterate "what
> litterbox?" pooper. *I still don't know why she didn't want to use the
> box (I've tried most of the suggestions that people will offer), but not
> one single incident since I replaced Worlds Best with this stuff.

I can say that Cat Attract does work--and they sell a kitten version
of it, which I've used. It's certainly worth a try.