PDA

View Full Version : Flea drops have no expiration dates? I Wonder why? (Advantage for dogs on cats)

Doug Bashford[_2_]
August 24th 11, 05:16 PM
about: Re: Update-- Is there a safe and effective flea
collar available yet?;
On 13 Apr 2010 John Doe wrote:

> "Zy" <zymatikNOSPAM yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > We've been using Advantage for years with satisfactory results,
> > but now we've got 5 cats that go inside and outside throughout
> > the day.

> Hopefully all neutered.
>
> > Thus, Advantage has now become too costly.

> Sorry I cannot opine on flea collars, but...

> You can buy the biggest bottle, like for large dogs,
> and apply one drop per pound on your cats.

I never heard of that dosage calculator!
Whoopee if it works!
Dosage can be critical, I suggest double-checking
the math yourself. A small hypodermic is what
I used for the dosage...in ml.

> The cost difference is huge. Last
> time I checked, the ingredients were precisely the same and were
> the exact same percentages, for both cats and dogs. Of course you
> should use the regular Advantage, not the K9 Advantage that is
> strictly for dogs. Store any unused bottle well sealed in a fresh
> zipper plastic bag and in a cool dry place.

In the past I've done this, works fine...perhaps
8 years ago?

I've notice none of the common flea drops have
expiration dates. Any thoughts on this?

Could 4-6-year-old drops be dangerous?
....I'm guessing just no-worky.
(Of course ANYTHING is possible, and according
to some, that seemingly means it's likely!)