PDA

View Full Version : Mopping Cat Room with potties

catmando
August 25th 11, 02:22 PM
In my furnace room, I have four cat litters. The floor is tiled.
Today, I will be mopping it with a solution of one cup of vinegar in a
gallon of hot water. After that, I will mop with Mop n' Glo.

Is there a better way to clean the floor that you have used? I clean
the litter boxes twice weekly. It may be that one or more of our four
cats (Scrap, Smoke, Freddie and Mystic) has very strong urine. If so,
has it been your experience that Arm and Hammer Litter Deodorant does
a good job? Or is there another, better product?

Thanks.

Michael Lane
August 25th 11, 03:42 PM
Fresh step & Clean Every day, WhaT I mean is empty them twice a day.
minimum

for that many cats , i would use storage boxes , like one slide under
bed , that hold 25 lbs each , then take used litter put n garbage can
outdoors

this sounds like lot work, but will end odor prob .

best regards,

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee

chaniarts[_2_]
August 25th 11, 05:52 PM
On 8/25/2011 6:22 AM, catmando wrote:
> In my furnace room, I have four cat litters. The floor is tiled.
> Today, I will be mopping it with a solution of one cup of vinegar in a
> gallon of hot water. After that, I will mop with Mop n' Glo.

when i worked at the animal rescue, we used a diluted bleach solution,
as long as there was no contact with the animals until the floor dried.
you'd have to have exterior air exhaust and shutdown the furnace so the
fumes weren't sent all over the house.

> Is there a better way to clean the floor that you have used? I clean
> the litter boxes twice weekly. It may be that one or more of our four
> cats (Scrap, Smoke, Freddie and Mystic) has very strong urine. If so,
> has it been your experience that Arm and Hammer Litter Deodorant does
> a good job? Or is there another, better product?
>
> Thanks.

i buy the large bag of A&H baking soda at costco and add a couple of
cups to the litter (about 15lbs at a time in a box). it seems to do a
good job at odor control, and is really cheap. is the A&H litter
deodorant the same thing in a fancier package at a higher cost?

Mack A. Damia
August 25th 11, 06:18 PM
On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 06:22:35 -0700 (PDT), catmando >
wrote:

>In my furnace room, I have four cat litters. The floor is tiled.
>Today, I will be mopping it with a solution of one cup of vinegar in a
>gallon of hot water. After that, I will mop with Mop n' Glo.
>
>Is there a better way to clean the floor that you have used? I clean
>the litter boxes twice weekly. It may be that one or more of our four
>cats (Scrap, Smoke, Freddie and Mystic) has very strong urine. If so,
>has it been your experience that Arm and Hammer Litter Deodorant does
>a good job? Or is there another, better product?
>
>Thanks.

My housekeeper usees Pinesol or an equivalent, and it works wonders.

Inexpensive, too.

obsidianjg
August 26th 11, 03:41 PM
On Aug 25, 9:22*am, catmando > wrote:
> In my furnace room, I have four cat litters. *The floor is tiled.
> Today, I will be mopping it with a solution of one cup of vinegar in a
> gallon of hot water. *After that, I will mop with Mop n' Glo.
>
> Is there a better way to clean the floor that you have used? *I clean
> the litter boxes twice weekly. *It may be that one or more of our four
> cats (Scrap, Smoke, Freddie and Mystic) has very strong urine. *If so,
> has it been your experience that Arm and Hammer Litter Deodorant does
> a good job? *Or is there another, better product?
>
> Thanks.

To stop strong odors, I would scoop the boxes every time you walk by
the boxes, but at least once a day. That doesn't mean you have to
clean all the boxes every time, just scoop clumps out. It also helps
you to figure out if one of your cat urinates outside the boxes. Then
do your major cleaning on your regular schedule. I noticed this way
that my cats also have a schedule to go to the box. Knowing that, you
can anticipate the odor and scoop the clump out immediately. If you
put them in an airtight box, you can dump it all into the trashcan on
trash day.