PDA

View Full Version : Those frayed wires...bitter apple

Bohgosity BumaskiL
December 20th 11, 11:33 AM
A long time ago, my cat told me most of what she can
understand of my words. There iz "yaaah", two syllables that
rise in tone, and there's "noooh", which drops in tone. She
said them together one day. In most cases, while she iz
doing something, I can tell her that it iz either a good or
a bad idea, and she will heed me, EXCEPT FOR THOSE FRAYED
WIRES. I heard her in pain a few minutes ago, so I just had
a close look at the wires for a floor lamp hooked to a wall
switch; exposed copper in about three places. Okay, so now
she knows why I wuz telling her not to chew on that. The
base of it haz been broken for years, so it needs replacing,
anyway. The new one will get about three coats of "bitter
yuck", which iz about the same az bitter apple.

_______
http://ecn.ab.ca/~brewhaha/ BrewJay's Babble Bin

Karen Kryzsko
December 21st 11, 04:25 PM
In article >,
Bohgosity BumaskiL > wrote:

> A long time ago, my cat told me most of what she can
> understand of my words. There iz "yaaah", two syllables that
> rise in tone, and there's "noooh", which drops in tone. She
> said them together one day. In most cases, while she iz
> doing something, I can tell her that it iz either a good or
> a bad idea, and she will heed me, EXCEPT FOR THOSE FRAYED
> WIRES. I heard her in pain a few minutes ago, so I just had
> a close look at the wires for a floor lamp hooked to a wall
> switch; exposed copper in about three places. Okay, so now
> she knows why I wuz telling her not to chew on that. The
> base of it haz been broken for years, so it needs replacing,
> anyway. The new one will get about three coats of "bitter
> yuck", which iz about the same az bitter apple.
>
> _______
> http://ecn.ab.ca/~brewhaha/ BrewJay's Babble Bin

I've had cats that enjoyed chewing on phone wires - both the wires from
the jack and particularly the smaller wires from the handset holder to
the base unit. I finally solved the problem by using clear aquarium air
supply plastic tubing - looks better than the thicker tubing used to
cover heavier gauge computer equipment wires. Slit the tubing with a
utility knife and slip it around the tasty wires - interest in chewing
seems to totally stop.

Bohgosity BumaskiL
December 22nd 11, 02:58 AM

T[_4_]
January 7th 12, 04:29 AM
In article >,
says...

> A long time ago, my cat told me most of what she can
> understand of my words. There iz "yaaah", two syllables that
> rise in tone, and there's "noooh", which drops in tone. She
> said them together one day. In most cases, while she iz
> doing something, I can tell her that it iz either a good or
> a bad idea, and she will heed me, EXCEPT FOR THOSE FRAYED
> WIRES. I heard her in pain a few minutes ago, so I just had
> a close look at the wires for a floor lamp hooked to a wall
> switch; exposed copper in about three places. Okay, so now
> she knows why I wuz telling her not to chew on that. The
> base of it haz been broken for years, so it needs replacing,
> anyway. The new one will get about three coats of "bitter
> yuck", which iz about the same az bitter apple.
>
> _______
> http://ecn.ab.ca/~brewhaha/ BrewJay's Babble Bin

My first cat LOVED chewing on wires. It got to the point where I had to
replace thick printer cables, etc. I armored them with this blue, ribbed
flexible conduit. He couldn't even get his jaws around it.

Bohgosity BumaskiL
January 18th 12, 10:48 PM
On 2012-01-06 9:29 PM, T wrote:
(...)
> My first cat LOVED chewing on wires. It got to the point where I had to
> replace thick printer cables, etc. I armored them with this blue, ribbed
> flexible conduit. He couldn't even get his jaws around it.

One way or another. Grin.

mickrio
February 18th 12, 10:52 AM
_____