PDA

View Full Version : Meghan the cat-lady?

Brian Link[_2_]
February 19th 12, 04:25 AM
I met a fascinating woman in this Usenet group years ago who kept a
ton of cats in her small apartment. She graciously adopted a stray
that couldn't integrate in our household that included a neurotic F7
Bengal. If she hadn't adopted him, I expect he'd have to have been
shifted out to the shelter.

She gave us explicit instructions on how to integrate this wonderful
stray, and when we improvised, she cut us off. With very harsh
language.

Her apartment was wonderful - we had dinner there. Tons of wonderful
little beasts coexisting happily. She did have a great skill with
intergrating cats into multi-cat households, and placing many with
households.

I wonder if anyone still here knows who I'm talking about? She had a
gift, but she was more a cat-whisperer than a human-whisperer.

BLink

Bill Graham
February 19th 12, 09:20 PM
Brian Link wrote:
> I met a fascinating woman in this Usenet group years ago who kept a
> ton of cats in her small apartment. She graciously adopted a stray
> that couldn't integrate in our household that included a neurotic F7
> Bengal. If she hadn't adopted him, I expect he'd have to have been
> shifted out to the shelter.
>
> She gave us explicit instructions on how to integrate this wonderful
> stray, and when we improvised, she cut us off. With very harsh
> language.
>
> Her apartment was wonderful - we had dinner there. Tons of wonderful
> little beasts coexisting happily. She did have a great skill with
> intergrating cats into multi-cat households, and placing many with
> households.
>
> I wonder if anyone still here knows who I'm talking about? She had a
> gift, but she was more a cat-whisperer than a human-whisperer.
>
> BLink

There are many such people across this country, and probably all over the
world, who do this, or whatever they can, for stray cats. Unfortunately,
most of them are not rich, so they are very limited in how many cats they
can keep.

Rene[_2_]
February 20th 12, 04:54 PM
Yes, I know who you are referring to. I believe she still reads this
board, but rarely posts. If you do a Google search for "Megan the cat
lady" you'll find her website among other things.