PDA

View Full Version : mother cats sharing parenting!

littlebit
April 1st 12, 08:04 PM
I have two mother cats who just gave birth and believe it or not they are sharing the nursing. One cat had three kittens and the other had two. The second one to give birth couldn't wait till she had her own and started stealing the first one's babies. Once she had her own, though they found a place under a cot in my living room where they are happily sharing the litters. Has anyone heard of this before?

Bill Graham
April 2nd 12, 09:11 AM
littlebit wrote:
> I have two mother cats who just gave birth and believe it or not they
> are sharing the nursing. One cat had three kittens and the other had
> two. The second one to give birth couldn't wait till she had her own
> and started stealing the first one's babies. Once she had her own,
> though they found a place under a cot in my living room where they are
> happily sharing the litters. Has anyone heard of this before?

Yes. Animals are very endearing. That's why I love them.Did you see that
clip on You Tube where the owl and the cat are buddies and played at chasing
each other? Or the one a couple of years ago where the dog and the polar
bear were buddies and played together. These are wild carnivores who usually
eat each other, but they are capable of forming friendships. A month after
my cat died, a strange dog from down the block came looking for him. He
sniffed his way down the block and came in my house, and looked all over for
B-K. Then when he couldn't find him, he lay down on B-K's favorite mat and
put his head between his front feet for about ten minutes, and then got up
and went back down the block.