PDA

View Full Version : re: Tiger's kidney issues

Brian Link[_2_]
June 4th 12, 12:34 AM
fwiw, I'm posting updates on Twitter right now. I realized that my
Facebook friends really don't want to see depressing updates, or give
a ****, and this group is pretty much empty (though thanks, old friend
who saw my posts and who's been sending me advice, for your input).
@blink_alto.

New to Twitter, but that's a better forum for targeted micro-blogging.
Now I just have to figure out hash-tags & the sort.

BLink

MaryL[_2_]
June 4th 12, 02:33 AM
"Brian Link" wrote in message

fwiw, I'm posting updates on Twitter right now. I realized that my
Facebook friends really don't want to see depressing updates, or give
a ****, and this group is pretty much empty (though thanks, old friend
who saw my posts and who's been sending me advice, for your input).
@blink_alto.

New to Twitter, but that's a better forum for targeted micro-blogging.
Now I just have to figure out hash-tags & the sort.

BLink

You received several responses to your original question.

MaryL

Brian Link[_2_]
June 5th 12, 12:40 AM
On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:33:50 -0500, "MaryL"
> wrote:

>"Brian Link" wrote in message
>
>fwiw, I'm posting updates on Twitter right now. I realized that my
>Facebook friends really don't want to see depressing updates, or give
>a ****, and this group is pretty much empty (though thanks, old friend
>who saw my posts and who's been sending me advice, for your input).
>@blink_alto.
>
>New to Twitter, but that's a better forum for targeted micro-blogging.
>Now I just have to figure out hash-tags & the sort.
>
>BLink

>You received several responses to your original question.
>
>MaryL

Thanks, Mary. Yes I did. The original thread descended into unhelpful
posts about "why is not providing fresh water not enough?". And back
and forth. Not germane to the OP.

Did hear back from that old friend. I've got a plan now. The stop-gap
"Tiki-Cat" thing really recharged Tiger. Now I'm planning to get some
raw food from a local store "Woody's Petfood".

It was interesting to see pretty obvious reactions he had to the
different diets. Normal Vet Diet (low protein, lots of grain), and
Tiger was lethargic, farting and barfing. Stop-gap, high-protein
"Tiki-Cat chicken", cut with egg-whites: Tiger's up and about and
trying to get outside.

Cats use protein like we use carbohydrates. They're tuned to use meat
protein for energy.

Found a holistic vet in town that will see Tiger. He's such a good
kitty, and healthy except for the "kidney issues".

BLink

dgk
June 5th 12, 04:17 PM
On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 18:40:43 -0500, Brian Link .>
wrote:

>On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:33:50 -0500, "MaryL"
> wrote:
>

>>"Brian Link" wrote in message
>>
>>fwiw, I'm posting updates on Twitter right now. I realized that my
>>Facebook friends really don't want to see depressing updates, or give
>>a ****, and this group is pretty much empty (though thanks, old friend
>>who saw my posts and who's been sending me advice, for your input).
>>@blink_alto.
>>
>>New to Twitter, but that's a better forum for targeted micro-blogging.
>>Now I just have to figure out hash-tags & the sort.
>>
>>BLink

>>You received several responses to your original question.
>>
>>MaryL
>
>Thanks, Mary. Yes I did. The original thread descended into unhelpful
>posts about "why is not providing fresh water not enough?". And back
>and forth. Not germane to the OP.
>
>Did hear back from that old friend. I've got a plan now. The stop-gap
>"Tiki-Cat" thing really recharged Tiger. Now I'm planning to get some
>raw food from a local store "Woody's Petfood".
>
>It was interesting to see pretty obvious reactions he had to the
>different diets. Normal Vet Diet (low protein, lots of grain), and
>Tiger was lethargic, farting and barfing. Stop-gap, high-protein
>"Tiki-Cat chicken", cut with egg-whites: Tiger's up and about and
>trying to get outside.
>
>Cats use protein like we use carbohydrates. They're tuned to use meat
>protein for energy.
>
>Found a holistic vet in town that will see Tiger. He's such a good
>kitty, and healthy except for the "kidney issues".
>
>BLink

I've don't have anything to offer but have been following the
discussion because I have four cats so sooner or later someone will
get CRF. I do try to give my cats a mostly canned diet, more healthy
stuff than 9Lives or Friskees though of course they prefer those. I do
give them some of the Kirkland (Costco) kibble stuff since they like
it and it is much more convenient than opening up a can of food at
3:30 am when they're hungry and whining at me. Plus they have one of
those pet fountains and do drink from it sometimes.

Bill is right to have several bowls of water though. If the cats walk
right by a bowl of water, maybe they'll stop and take a drink. It also
works to put bowls where they don't normally see them, they
investigate and maybe drink a bit.

Keep us posted on your progress.