PDA

View Full Version : If everyone spays/neuters their cats

FragSinatra
June 19th 12, 08:48 PM
Where will all the kittens come from?

John Doe
June 19th 12, 10:00 PM
FragSinatra <perhaps not.com> wrote:

> Where will all the kittens come from?

Who needs kittens when there are plenty of stray adult cats.
Picking up an adult female stray and keeping it indoors can help
prevent litters of kittens that end up strewn dead all over the
neighborhood. And after that happens, she'll have another litter.
And repeat. And then there's the fact that kittens born outside
and raised without positive human contact never become a normal
house cat, no matter how long you keep them. Don't even feed
unneutered cats outside. If you want to take care of a cat(s),
neuter them or take care of them inside.

Neutering has to do with preventing dead kittens strewn all over
the neighborhood. If you don't stay up at night, you might not
notice anything except for the smell.

--

> --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
> ---

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds
June 19th 12, 10:51 PM
In article >,
FragSinatra > wrote:

> Where will all the kittens come from?
>
> --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
> ---

China?

Bill Graham
June 19th 12, 11:04 PM
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
> In article >,
> FragSinatra > wrote:
>
>> Where will all the kittens come from?
>>
>> --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
>> ---
>
> China?

I told my girl friend that, like Humans, they only have kittens if they are
married......

Gandalf[_2_]
June 20th 12, 10:45 PM
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:48:24 +0000 (UTC), FragSinatra >
wrote:

>Where will all the kittens come from?
>
>--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to ---

There will NEVER be 100% compliance with spay and neuter. Never.

The great unwashed masses will see to that.

Right now there are between 3 and 4 MILLION cats and kittens killed
EVERY YEAR, simply because there aren't enough homes for them.

Putting a BIG dent in that number would save an unbelievable amount of
money at shelters, Animal Control facilities, the Humane Society. etc,
etc.