PDA

View Full Version : Feline humor?

FragSinatra
July 11th 12, 11:29 PM
Why is it that cats think playing hide and go seek is fun or funny?
Everyone is looking for you, calling your name, thinking you're hurt
and you don't bother to reply or come out. Then you just suddenly show
up like nothing happened. Very funny.

Or how about waiting to go up the stairs until a human is plodding up
then racing by them? That's also very funny.

Or how about hiding in wait until a human has to temporarily abandon
their:

i. turkey sandwich
ii. breakfast cereal
iii. ice cream bowl
iv. ham sandwich

then quickly jumping up and snacking on it. Very funny!

Or how about running into the bathroom ahead of someone when
they need to use it?

I'm always surprised they're not laughing their tails off
when they do it.

Maybe it's revenge for not being allowed to roam around all night
raising hell?

Bill Graham
July 12th 12, 05:47 AM
FragSinatra wrote:
> Why is it that cats think playing hide and go seek is fun or funny?
> Everyone is looking for you, calling your name, thinking you're hurt
> and you don't bother to reply or come out. Then you just suddenly show
> up like nothing happened. Very funny.
>
> Or how about waiting to go up the stairs until a human is plodding up
> then racing by them? That's also very funny.
>
> Or how about hiding in wait until a human has to temporarily abandon
> their:
>
> i. turkey sandwich
> ii. breakfast cereal
> iii. ice cream bowl
> iv. ham sandwich
>
> then quickly jumping up and snacking on it. Very funny!
>
> Or how about running into the bathroom ahead of someone when
> they need to use it?
>
> I'm always surprised they're not laughing their tails off
> when they do it.
>
> Maybe it's revenge for not being allowed to roam around all night
> raising hell?
>
> --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
> ---

Ours like to race under the garage door at the last minute when I am trying
to close it... And, our new door senses their presense and goes back up....

Gandalf[_2_]
July 13th 12, 01:56 AM
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:29:19 +0000 (UTC), FragSinatra >
wrote:

>Why is it that cats think playing hide and go seek is fun or funny?
>Everyone is looking for you, calling your name, thinking you're hurt
>and you don't bother to reply or come out. Then you just suddenly show
>up like nothing happened. Very funny.
>
>Or how about waiting to go up the stairs until a human is plodding up
>then racing by them? That's also very funny.
>
>Or how about hiding in wait until a human has to temporarily abandon
>their:
>
>i. turkey sandwich
>ii. breakfast cereal
>iii. ice cream bowl
>iv. ham sandwich
>
>then quickly jumping up and snacking on it. Very funny!
>
>Or how about running into the bathroom ahead of someone when
>they need to use it?
>
>I'm always surprised they're not laughing their tails off
>when they do it.
>
>Maybe it's revenge for not being allowed to roam around all night
>raising hell?
>
>--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to ---

It's not 'feline humor'.

It's feline NATURE. There's really nothing you can do about it. It's
part of what makes cats so interesting.

FragSinatra
July 13th 12, 06:07 AM
Gandalf <ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in
:

>>Maybe it's revenge for not being allowed to roam around all night
>>raising hell?
>>
>>--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---

> It's not 'feline humor'.
>
> It's feline NATURE. There's really nothing you can do about it. It's
> part of what makes cats so interesting.

I'd like to see a little more cooperation in feline NATURE.

dgk
July 13th 12, 02:07 PM
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:29:19 +0000 (UTC), FragSinatra
> wrote:

>Why is it that cats think playing hide and go seek is fun or funny?
>Everyone is looking for you, calling your name, thinking you're hurt
>and you don't bother to reply or come out. Then you just suddenly show
>up like nothing happened. Very funny.
>
>Or how about waiting to go up the stairs until a human is plodding up
>then racing by them? That's also very funny.
>
>Or how about hiding in wait until a human has to temporarily abandon
>their:
>
>i. turkey sandwich
>ii. breakfast cereal
>iii. ice cream bowl
>iv. ham sandwich
>
>then quickly jumping up and snacking on it. Very funny!
>
>Or how about running into the bathroom ahead of someone when
>they need to use it?
>
>I'm always surprised they're not laughing their tails off
>when they do it.
>
>Maybe it's revenge for not being allowed to roam around all night
>raising hell?
>
>--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to ---

Mine like to plant a hairball between the bedroom and the bathroom so
I discover it in the middle of the night when I'm staggering to take a
wizz.

FragSinatra
July 13th 12, 09:48 PM
Judith Latham > wrote in
:

>> It's not 'feline humor'.
>
>> It's feline NATURE. There's really nothing you can do about it. It's
>> part of what makes cats so interesting.
>
> My cat Sweep (RB) was a real practical joker.
>
> Not only did she have a wind up trick for each person but she planned
> other tricks too. One night my DH was sitting on the sofa, in the dark
> listening to music. I was upstairs, when I heard a yell. Sweep had
> crept into the room, gone behind the sofa, stretched up the swiped
> DH's head hard. (claws retracted) She then stood there with a grin
> (yes a proper grin we all knew well)on her face.
>
> Another time, I was having a nice long soak in the bath, reading a
> good spooky book. Usually she would chirp as she came into the room
> and jump up to sit on the self behind my head. This time, she again
> crept into to the room and leapt up the side of the bath with a very
> loud wail. After fishing the book form the bath water, I looked over
> at her and there she stood grinning at me.
>
> Judith

That's some funny stuff. There's no doubt it's deliberate either.

Was Sweep a running back (RB)?

Do you play baseball in the US as a pitcher? Because when I read you had
your own designated hitter (DH) that's the only conclusion I can draw.

Gandalf[_4_]
July 14th 12, 06:24 AM
On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 05:07:06 +0000 (UTC), FragSinatra >
wrote:

>Gandalf <ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in
:

>>>Maybe it's revenge for not being allowed to roam around all night
>>>raising hell?
>>>
>>>--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---

>> It's not 'feline humor'.
>>
>> It's feline NATURE. There's really nothing you can do about it. It's
>> part of what makes cats so interesting.
>
>I'd like to see a little more cooperation in feline NATURE.
>

>--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to ---

Good luck with that. You can change some specific things you cat does.

But, you can't chance what makes them a CAT.

FragSinatra
July 14th 12, 06:48 PM
Judith Latham > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> FragSinatra > wrote:
>> Judith Latham > wrote in
>> :

>> > My cat Sweep (RB) was a real practical joker.
>> >
>> > Not only did she have a wind up trick for each person but she
>> > planned other tricks too. One night my DH was sitting on the sofa,
>> > in the dark listening to music. I was upstairs, when I heard a
>> > yell. Sweep had crept into the room, gone behind the sofa,
>> > stretched up the swiped DH's head hard. (claws retracted) She then
>> > stood there with a grin (yes a proper grin we all knew well)on her
>> > face.
>> >
>> > Another time, I was having a nice long soak in the bath, reading a
>> > good spooky book. Usually she would chirp as she came into the room
>> > and jump up to sit on the self behind my head. This time, she again
>> > crept into to the room and leapt up the side of the bath with a
>> > very loud wail. After fishing the book form the bath water, I
>> > looked over at her and there she stood grinning at me.
>> >
>> > Judith
>> >

>> That's some funny stuff. There's no doubt it's deliberate either.
>
>> Was Sweep a running back (RB)?
>
>> Do you play baseball in the US as a pitcher? Because when I read you
>> had your own designated hitter (DH) that's the only conclusion I can
>> draw.
>
>> --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
>> ---
>

> Sorry, RB means rainbow bridge and DH means dear husband. I though
> that these were common abbreviations on the rec.pets.cats groups.
>
> Judith

Sorry I didn't mean any offense. I understand now.