PDA

View Full Version : DIATOMACEOUS EARTH - good for killing fleas - safe for pets

See you in the funny papers.
September 22nd 12, 04:09 PM
http://www.richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp

I can testify that it is a good idea....it works.

Kelly Greene[_6_]
September 23rd 12, 07:45 AM
"See you in the funny papers." > wrote in message
> http://www.richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp
>
> I can testify that it is a good idea....it works.

Why? Are you selling it? It's still silica and is dangerous to breathe.

See you in the funny papers.
September 23rd 12, 04:40 PM
NO

Just trying to help out a cat that is miserable with fleas.

Too bad some "humans" are so crabby. You don't have to stir up a dust
storm with it.

No wonder no one posts here.
TaTa

Slo' Poke
September 23rd 12, 05:03 PM
FOR THE UNINFORMED AND MISINFORMED:

http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-silica-connection-diatomaceous-earth.htm

Mack A. Damia
September 23rd 12, 05:35 PM
On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 11:03:56 -0500, (Slo'
Poke) wrote:

>FOR THE UNINFORMED AND MISINFORMED:
>
>http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-silica-connection-diatomaceous-earth.htm

Thanks for all this information. I'm not too concerned about
breathing it is considering the substances I've voluntarily taken into
my lungs over the years.

Three sides of my home border on concrete pathways and a lane, so I'm
not certain that cedar chips, borax soap or the diamtomaceous earth
would work out. I'm imagining a white bubble bath on the lane by my
house when it rains.
--

dgk
September 24th 12, 03:53 PM
funny papers.) wrote:

>NO
>
>Just trying to help out a cat that is miserable with fleas.
>
>Too bad some "humans" are so crabby. You don't have to stir up a dust
>storm with it.
>
>No wonder no one posts here.
>TaTa

It works for roaches as well. And when I was younger I used it for
some filter system for a swimming pool.

Kelly Greene[_6_]
September 26th 12, 05:41 AM
"See you in the funny papers." > wrote in message
> NO
>
> Just trying to help out a cat that is miserable with fleas.
>
> Too bad some "humans" are so crabby. You don't have to stir up a dust
> storm with it.
>
> No wonder no one posts here.
> TaTa

Some people CARE about the health of others. DE is not a safe product to
use without some way to protect yourself and the cat from inhaling it.

Kelly Greene[_6_]
September 26th 12, 05:43 AM
"Slo' Poke" > wrote in message
> FOR THE UNINFORMED AND MISINFORMED:
>
> http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-silica-connection-diatomaceous-earth.htm

This is not a scientific website, but the site of someone *selling* the
product. Silica is silica and is damaging to the lungs.

Mack A. Damia
September 26th 12, 04:01 PM
On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 23:41:11 -0500, "Kelly Greene"
> wrote:

>"See you in the funny papers." > wrote in message
>> NO
>>
>> Just trying to help out a cat that is miserable with fleas.
>>
>> Too bad some "humans" are so crabby. You don't have to stir up a dust
>> storm with it.
>>
>> No wonder no one posts here.
>> TaTa
>>

>Some people CARE about the health of others. DE is not a safe product to
>use without some way to protect yourself and the cat from inhaling it.

With all due respect to you, it wasn't the substance of what you
wrote; it was the way you wrote it. The poster was trying to be
helpful, and you could have been more diplomatic.

Eyethangewe.

--

Bill Graham
September 26th 12, 04:34 PM
Kelly Greene wrote:
> "See you in the funny papers." > wrote in message
>> NO
>>
>> Just trying to help out a cat that is miserable with fleas.
>>
>> Too bad some "humans" are so crabby. You don't have to stir up a dust
>> storm with it.
>>
>> No wonder no one posts here.
>> TaTa
>>

> Some people CARE about the health of others. DE is not a safe
> product to use without some way to protect yourself and the cat from
> inhaling it.

Yes. I am afraid to use most flea poisons on the market for this reason.
Cats can reach almost everyplace on their bodies and will poison themselves
easily if you use asnything that it detrimental to their health. I prefer to
bite the bullet and just give them a bath, and make sure I rinse anything
bad off of them and dry them well afterward. - My cats seem happier when I
do this too. (after the fact, of course!)

dgk
September 27th 12, 03:56 PM
On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:34:07 -0700, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>Kelly Greene wrote:
>> "See you in the funny papers." > wrote in message
>>> NO
>>>
>>> Just trying to help out a cat that is miserable with fleas.
>>>
>>> Too bad some "humans" are so crabby. You don't have to stir up a dust
>>> storm with it.
>>>
>>> No wonder no one posts here.
>>> TaTa
>>>

>> Some people CARE about the health of others. DE is not a safe
>> product to use without some way to protect yourself and the cat from
>> inhaling it.
>
>Yes. I am afraid to use most flea poisons on the market for this reason.
>Cats can reach almost everyplace on their bodies and will poison themselves
>easily if you use asnything that it detrimental to their health. I prefer to
>bite the bullet and just give them a bath, and make sure I rinse anything
>bad off of them and dry them well afterward. - My cats seem happier when I
>do this too. (after the fact, of course!)

Yes but how long does it take for the scratches to heal?

cshenk
October 7th 12, 07:13 PM
Kelly Greene wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

> "Slo' Poke" > wrote in message
> > FOR THE UNINFORMED AND MISINFORMED:
> >
> > http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-silica-connection-diatomaceous-ea
> > rth.htm
> >

> This is not a scientific website, but the site of someone selling the
> product. Silica is silica and is damaging to the lungs.

Kelly, Most folks on usenet wouldnt know a scientific site if it bit
them in the ass.

DE is a silicon based product that in non-industrial levels of exposure
is an ecologically safe product to use for some types of pest control.
It's also edible if you get human grade versions.

Short of snorting it like a line of cocaine, it makes a fine way to
prevent and treat flea infestations. It happens to work on bed bugs
too.

--

Kelly Greene[_6_]
November 30th 12, 10:53 AM
"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Kelly Greene wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>

>> "Slo' Poke" > wrote in message
>> > FOR THE UNINFORMED AND MISINFORMED:
>> >
>> > http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-silica-connection-diatomaceous-ea
>> > rth.htm
>> >

>> This is not a scientific website, but the site of someone selling the
>> product. Silica is silica and is damaging to the lungs.
>
> Kelly, Most folks on usenet wouldnt know a scientific site if it bit
> them in the ass.
>
> DE is a silicon based product that in non-industrial levels of exposure
> is an ecologically safe product to use for some types of pest control.
> It's also edible if you get human grade versions.
>
> Short of snorting it like a line of cocaine, it makes a fine way to
> prevent and treat flea infestations. It happens to work on bed bugs
> too.

It's a difficult product to use without inhaling the fine powder. And yes,
I know it works to kill many insect pests, but a respirator should be used
so none is inhaled.

Kelly Greene[_6_]
November 30th 12, 11:03 AM
"Bill Graham" > wrote in message
> Kelly Greene wrote:
>> "See you in the funny papers." > wrote in message
>>> NO
>>>
>>> Just trying to help out a cat that is miserable with fleas.
>>>
>>> Too bad some "humans" are so crabby. You don't have to stir up a dust
>>> storm with it.
>>>
>>> No wonder no one posts here.
>>> TaTa
>>>

>> Some people CARE about the health of others. DE is not a safe
>> product to use without some way to protect yourself and the cat from
>> inhaling it.
>
> Yes. I am afraid to use most flea poisons on the market for this reason.
> Cats can reach almost everyplace on their bodies and will poison
> themselves easily if you use asnything that it detrimental to their
> health. I prefer to bite the bullet and just give them a bath, and make
> sure I rinse anything bad off of them and dry them well afterward. - My
> cats seem happier when I do this too. (after the fact, of course!)

We had a horrible flea infestation here before we got the cats (we have 4
cats now). We had three dogs at the time and nothing worked including flea
baths and all the products sold to us by our veterinarian at the time. We
used powders, sprays, flea collars and some kind of stuff that went on their
skin at the shoulders and hips. We got an exterminator. This was before
Revolution, a form of Ivermectin, hit the marketplace. What did work and was
*100% non toxic* was HGR. It's an insect hormone growth regulator that
keeps the flea nymphs from turning into fleas. They hatch, starve and die as
nymphs. You mix it with water and spray the house and yard where the
animals hang out. Our dogs had a large fenced in area. We bathed them with
Paramite, then sprayed the entire house and yard. In a few weeks the flea
infestation that cost us well over $200 for useless and probably toxic
products was over. I bought it on a local store but that store is no longer
in business. It can probably be found online.

DE is not safe to breathe no matter what those who sell it say. Silica
damages the lungs. You don't want it in your or the cat's lungs.

jamesclarke160
March 28th 13, 06:24 AM

Kelly, Most folks on usenet wouldnt know a pest control brisbane (http://www.pestcontrolling.com.au/pest-control-brisbane/) scientific site if it bit
them in the ass.

DE is a silicon based product that in non-industrial levels of exposure
is an ecologically safe product to use for some types of pest control.
It's also edible if you get human grade versions.

Short of snorting it like a line of cocaine, it makes a fine way to
prevent and treat flea infestations. It happens to pest control gold coast (http://www.pestcontrolling.com.au/pest-control-gold-coast/) work on bed bugs
too.

--
I have heard lot about Botnax + DIATOMACEOUS EARTH has been effective way to control pests. Is it so?