PDA

View Full Version : Cats and cholesterol

October 19th 12, 04:19 AM
The only wet food my cats like is Hills chicken and liver. Can cats eat liver every day? Is cholesterol a concern in cars?

dgk
October 19th 12, 02:40 PM
On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:19:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>The only wet food my cats like is Hills chicken and liver. Can cats eat liver every day? Is cholesterol a concern in cars?

First off I'm going to get some Hills C&L to see if my picky cats will
eat it. But you have a good question. They probably eat a lot of mouse
liver in a more natural setting. Cholesterol isn't an issue with cats
but I do try to have them eat a variety of things. Sometimes it works,
sometimes not.

Buddy's Mom
November 2nd 12, 09:53 AM
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:19:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> The only wet food my cats like is Hills chicken and liver. Can cats eat liver every day? Is cholesterol a concern in cars?

I don't know why they even check the cholesterol level in cats because they say it doesn't matter. I had a cat who only ate Fancy Feast Turkey and lived to be over 21 year. Every time he had a blood test his cholesterol reading was high. It was Thyroid that got him.

Bill Graham
November 2nd 12, 10:10 PM
Buddy's Mom wrote:
> On Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:19:41 PM UTC-4,
> wrote:
>> The only wet food my cats like is Hills chicken and liver. Can cats
>> eat liver every day? Is cholesterol a concern in cars?
>
> I don't know why they even check the cholesterol level in cats
> because they say it doesn't matter. I had a cat who only ate Fancy
> Feast Turkey and lived to be over 21 year. Every time he had a blood
> test his cholesterol reading was high. It was Thyroid that got him.

What you eat doesn't matter. Look at cows. They eat nothing but grass. Grass
has no cholesterol. But cows are full of it. I had a friend that was picked
by Stanford University to take part in a cholesterol diet study. Hius
cholesterol level was 300 (mg. per deciliter) He went on their special low
cholesterol diet for two minths. At the end, his measured level was 305.
(SHMGATCDR) (so help me god and the creek don't rise)