PDA

View Full Version : Catproof Christmas Lights?

Rhino[_3_]
November 21st 12, 05:15 PM
Is anyone familiar with some kind of indoor Christmas lights that are cat
proof? My friend would like to put lights on the tree in her condo but her
cat persists in trying to eat them. I believe she is using the LED lights.
I'm not sure if a cat could actually break one of those and ingest shards of
glass but she is worried that this might happen.

Does anyone market something that is truly catproof? I'm not talking about
something that the manufacturer alone claims is catproof; I'd like to find
something that purchasers find to actually BE catproof.

If such a product exists, can I get a link to a website or store that
carries it? A business that operates in Canada would be particularly
helpful.

--
Rhino

Matthew[_3_]
November 21st 12, 07:23 PM
"Rhino" > wrote in message
> Is anyone familiar with some kind of indoor Christmas lights that are cat
> proof? My friend would like to put lights on the tree in her condo but her
> cat persists in trying to eat them. I believe she is using the LED lights.
> I'm not sure if a cat could actually break one of those and ingest shards
> of glass but she is worried that this might happen.
>
> Does anyone market something that is truly catproof? I'm not talking about
> something that the manufacturer alone claims is catproof; I'd like to find
> something that purchasers find to actually BE catproof.
>
> If such a product exists, can I get a link to a website or store that
> carries it? A business that operates in Canada would be particularly
> helpful.
>
> --
> Rhino

there are sprays to use get them at the local pet store

Bill Graham
November 22nd 12, 12:47 AM
Rhino wrote:
> Is anyone familiar with some kind of indoor Christmas lights that are
> cat proof? My friend would like to put lights on the tree in her
> condo but her cat persists in trying to eat them. I believe she is
> using the LED lights. I'm not sure if a cat could actually break one
> of those and ingest shards of glass but she is worried that this
> might happen.
> Does anyone market something that is truly catproof? I'm not talking
> about something that the manufacturer alone claims is catproof; I'd
> like to find something that purchasers find to actually BE catproof.
>
> If such a product exists, can I get a link to a website or store that
> carries it? A business that operates in Canada would be particularly
> helpful.

Led's are good. They run on about 3 volts so cats and kids can't be
electrocuted by them. Also, they don't shatter and spill glass everywhere
like an incandescent bulb does. If an led is ingested, it will probably pass
through the digestive tract without leaving anything behind and wonl't be
toxic at all.

Markcoleman
December 21st 12, 10:29 AM
;800495']Is anyone familiar with some kind of indoor Christmas lights that are cat
proof? My friend would like to put lights on the tree in her condo but her
cat persists in trying to eat them. I believe she is using the led lighting (http://www.niceledlights.com) lights.
I'm not sure if a cat could actually break one of those and ingest shards of
glass but she is worried that this might happen.

Does anyone market something that is truly catproof? I'm not talking about
something that the manufacturer alone claims is catproof; I'd like to find
something that purchasers find to actually BE catproof.

If such a product exists, can I get a link to a website or store that
carries it? A business that operates in Canada would be particularly
helpful.

--
Rhino

Just make use of led lights they are safe to use and looks nice too