PDA

View Full Version : Gingevitis

The Doctor
November 30th 12, 04:50 PM
My cat has a mild case of gingevitis.

What can I do so that one can brush his teeth?
--
Member - Liberal International This is Ici
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Merry Christmas 2012 and Happy New Year 2013

Priscilla H. Ballou
November 30th 12, 11:04 PM
In article >,
(The Doctor) wrote:

> My cat has a mild case of gingevitis.
>
> What can I do so that one can brush his teeth?

Trade him in for a dog?

When my vet has said to brush my cats teeth, I fall to the floor
laughing.

I am told that feeding your cat dry food is good for the teeth.

Priscilla

MaryL[_2_]
December 1st 12, 06:23 AM
"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message

In article >,
(The Doctor) wrote:

> My cat has a mild case of gingevitis.
>
> What can I do so that one can brush his teeth?

Trade him in for a dog?

When my vet has said to brush my cats teeth, I fall to the floor
laughing.

I am told that feeding your cat dry food is good for the teeth.

Priscilla

~~~~~~~~~~
Feeding your cat dry food is terrible for his or her health. Cats are
obligate carnivores and should not have carbs. As far as being "good" for
the teeth...would you feed a child pretzels as a way to clean the teeth or
take care of gums?

MaryL

Bill Graham
December 1st 12, 07:29 AM
MaryL wrote:
> "Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
>
> In article >,
> (The Doctor) wrote:
>
>> My cat has a mild case of gingevitis.
>>
>> What can I do so that one can brush his teeth?
>
> Trade him in for a dog?
>
> When my vet has said to brush my cats teeth, I fall to the floor
> laughing.
>
> I am told that feeding your cat dry food is good for the teeth.
>
> Priscilla
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Feeding your cat dry food is terrible for his or her health. Cats are
> obligate carnivores and should not have carbs. As far as being
> "good" for the teeth...would you feed a child pretzels as a way to
> clean the teeth or take care of gums?
>
> MaryL

I think the best thing you can do is to inspect the inside of their mouths
every so often. We had one many years ago that stopped eating, and when we
called the roving vet, she found that the cat had mouth cancer that was way
too far advanced to fix, and we had to put her down. Cats tend to hide their
pain, so we had no way of knowing how bad it was because we never inspected
inside her mouth.

The Doctor
December 1st 12, 03:42 PM
In article >,
Bill Graham > wrote:
>MaryL wrote:
>> "Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
>>
>> In article >,
>> (The Doctor) wrote:
>>
>>> My cat has a mild case of gingevitis.
>>>
>>> What can I do so that one can brush his teeth?
>>
>> Trade him in for a dog?
>>
>> When my vet has said to brush my cats teeth, I fall to the floor
>> laughing.
>>
>> I am told that feeding your cat dry food is good for the teeth.
>>
>> Priscilla
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~
>> Feeding your cat dry food is terrible for his or her health. Cats are
>> obligate carnivores and should not have carbs. As far as being
>> "good" for the teeth...would you feed a child pretzels as a way to
>> clean the teeth or take care of gums?
>>
>> MaryL
>
>I think the best thing you can do is to inspect the inside of their mouths
>every so often. We had one many years ago that stopped eating, and when we
>called the roving vet, she found that the cat had mouth cancer that was way
>too far advanced to fix, and we had to put her down. Cats tend to hide their
>pain, so we had no way of knowing how bad it was because we never inspected
>inside her mouth.

The 2-faced toothbrush it is.

This furball is use to his dry food.

We tried wet and no luck unless
the moistfood is raw fresh meat like chicken.