PDA

View Full Version : What Has Worked for Fleas

Mack A. Damia
November 30th 12, 05:16 PM
"Revolution" - once a month. Pookie's do for another dose next week,
but she hardly scratches at all. I'm so relieved, because she was
being tormented. I hope it works as well during the hot, summer
months.

--

Kelley Greene
December 2nd 12, 08:09 AM
"Mack A. Damia" > wrote in message

> "Revolution" - once a month. Pookie's do for another dose next week,
> but she hardly scratches at all. I'm so relieved, because she was
> being tormented. I hope it works as well during the hot, summer
> months.
>
> --

Revolution is one of the best products out there and one of the least toxic
to mammals. My vet used it on the kitten I found in a parking lot in town.
In 48 hrs she was flea free. Unfortunately, the wormer for her roundworms
gave her some nasty diarrhoea for a few days. :(

Bill Graham
December 3rd 12, 04:11 AM
Kelley Greene wrote:
> "Mack A. Damia" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Revolution" - once a month. Pookie's do for another dose next week,
>> but she hardly scratches at all. I'm so relieved, because she was
>> being tormented. I hope it works as well during the hot, summer
>> months.
>>
>> --
>>

> Revolution is one of the best products out there and one of the least
> toxic to mammals. My vet used it on the kitten I found in a parking
> lot in town. In 48 hrs she was flea free. Unfortunately, the wormer
> for her roundworms gave her some nasty diarrhoea for a few days. :(

I get, "nasty diarrhoea for a few days" every time I eat something from the
back shelf in my wife's refridgerator....

I have learned to live with the adage: "That which does not kill me only
makes me stronger."

Kelley Greene
December 4th 12, 07:40 AM
"Bill Graham" > wrote in message
> Kelley Greene wrote:
>> "Mack A. Damia" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Revolution" - once a month. Pookie's do for another dose next week,
>>> but she hardly scratches at all. I'm so relieved, because she was
>>> being tormented. I hope it works as well during the hot, summer
>>> months.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Revolution is one of the best products out there and one of the least
>> toxic to mammals. My vet used it on the kitten I found in a parking
>> lot in town. In 48 hrs she was flea free. Unfortunately, the wormer
>> for her roundworms gave her some nasty diarrhoea for a few days. :(
>
> I get, "nasty diarrhoea for a few days" every time I eat something from
> the back shelf in my wife's refridgerator....
>
> I have learned to live with the adage: "That which does not kill me only
> makes me stronger."

LOL!!!! I can't disagree with that. ;-)

Mack A. Damia
December 4th 12, 02:46 PM
On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 00:40:53 -0600, "Kelley Greene"
> wrote:

>"Bill Graham" > wrote in message
>> Kelley Greene wrote:

>>> Revolution is one of the best products out there and one of the least
>>> toxic to mammals. My vet used it on the kitten I found in a parking
>>> lot in town. In 48 hrs she was flea free. Unfortunately, the wormer
>>> for her roundworms gave her some nasty diarrhoea for a few days. :(
>>
>> I get, "nasty diarrhoea for a few days" every time I eat something from
>> the back shelf in my wife's refridgerator....
>>
>> I have learned to live with the adage: "That which does not kill me only
>> makes me stronger."
>
>LOL!!!! I can't disagree with that. ;-)

Working out with weights and fast-walking make me stronger; diarrhoea
does not.

--

Bill Graham
December 5th 12, 01:14 AM
Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 00:40:53 -0600, "Kelley Greene"
> > wrote:

>>> I get, "nasty diarrhoea for a few days" every time I eat something
>>> from the back shelf in my wife's refridgerator....
>>>
>>> I have learned to live with the adage: "That which does not kill me
>>> only makes me stronger."
>>
>> LOL!!!! I can't disagree with that. ;-)
>
> Working out with weights and fast-walking make me stronger; diarrhoea
> does not.

have no argument with that, but it is a fact that people who live in cities
have a better immune system than the country folks. So it is possible to
improve your ability to ward off disease by continuously exposing yourself
to it.

And your psyche too. When I first learned how to drive, I was petrified to
ride with someone else when they were driving. Today, after being married
for 50 years, I have nervs of steel......

Kelley Greene
December 5th 12, 09:51 PM
"Mack A. Damia" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 00:40:53 -0600, "Kelley Greene"
> > wrote:
>>
>>LOL!!!! I can't disagree with that. ;-)
>
> Working out with weights and fast-walking make me stronger; diarrhoea
> does not.

You got that right. I don't work out at the gym anymore (age and arthritis)
but we still try and walk 1 to 2 miles every day. We also watch our diet
and avoid highly processed food and refined carbs. Also food high in fats
and salt. So far so good, neither of us have any of the usual diseases that
plague seniors these days.