PDA

View Full Version : Holly is a good nurse

MaryL[_2_]
December 12th 12, 01:10 AM
I'm typing very slowly and mostly one-handed because I fell head-first off a
step ladder land landed on my face with my right hand bent under me. It's a
low step ladder and I was on the lowest rung, but the hand rail (bar?) is
low. When I put both hands on the bar, I lost my balance and went *head
first* over the bar. There was nothing I could do to stop it, and I landed
on my face with my right wrist bent under me. Fortunately, nothing is
broken--lots of bruising (I look like someone punched me in the eye), my
glasses were bent, and the wrist and fingers are sprained. The doctor told
me to get a sling, but that hasn't helped much. It's hard to find a
comfortable position for sleeping at night. The real test will come next
week when I put our church newsletter together. That takes a lot more work
from my right hand than I have been able to do so far.

I screamed when I fell, and Holly came running. She licked my cheek as I
lay there, and she hasn't left my side for more than a few minutes ever
since. She always does that. If I am hurt or upset, she comes running.
Our furbabies really do know when we are in pain.

MaryL

Alison[_4_]
December 15th 12, 01:12 PM
"MaryL" > wrote in message
> I'm typing very slowly and mostly one-handed because I fell head-first
> off a step ladder land landed on my face with my right hand bent under
> me. It's a low step ladder and I was on the lowest rung, but the hand
> rail (bar?) is low. When I put both hands on the bar, I lost my balance
> and went *head first* over the bar. There was nothing I could do to stop
> it, and I landed on my face with my right wrist bent under me.
> Fortunately, nothing is broken--lots of bruising (I look like someone
> punched me in the eye), my glasses were bent, and the wrist and fingers
> are sprained. The doctor told me to get a sling, but that hasn't helped
> much. It's hard to find a comfortable position for sleeping at night.
> The real test will come next week when I put our church newsletter
> together. That takes a lot more work from my right hand than I have been
> able to do so far.
>
> I screamed when I fell, and Holly came running. She licked my cheek as I
> lay there, and she hasn't left my side for more than a few minutes ever
> since. She always does that. If I am hurt or upset, she comes running.
> Our furbabies really do know when we are in pain.
>
> MaryL >>

Oh Sorry to hear that. I fell over last year and was badly bruised and
the doctor recommended Arnica cream.
Bless Holly! My dog thought it was game when I fell and jumped on me!
I hope you will be well enough to enjoy Christmas.
Alison