PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My cats gone BESERK!!!

Dynochop
December 26th 12, 07:22 PM
My 8 year old female cat has ALWAYS been EXTREMELY agressive towards other animals, so much so that she has actually "attacked" her own reflection in the mirror! Since we live on a boat we usually dont have to many "animal encounters" About two weeks ago my spouse and i were awakened in the middle of the nite by our cat howling and growling at herself in a mirror which she was newly able to see herself in due to some coushins that were stacked in a new area...this went on for 3 nites and now she "sees" her reflection EVERYWHERE! and she has been growling hissing and lunging at us regularly! She still comes to sleep with us but 15 hours of the day shes growling and threating us! Shes usually very affectionate and my spouse is talking about sending her ro a shelter!!! My cat has apent her entire life on the boat and even if she could adapt to life on land i dont think i could adapt to life without her!!!! Please help!!!

Matthew[_3_]
December 27th 12, 01:32 AM
"Dynochop" > wrote in message

> My 8 year old female cat has ALWAYS been EXTREMELY agressive towards
> other animals, so much so that she has actually "attacked" her own
> reflection in the mirror! Since we live on a boat we usually dont have
> to many "animal encounters" About two weeks ago my spouse and i were
> awakened in the middle of the nite by our cat howling and growling at
> herself in a mirror which she was newly able to see herself in due to
> some coushins that were stacked in a new area...this went on for 3 nites
> and now she "sees" her reflection EVERYWHERE! and she has been growling
> hissing and lunging at us regularly! She still comes to sleep with us
> but 15 hours of the day shes growling and threating us! Shes usually
> very affectionate and my spouse is talking about sending her ro a
> shelter!!! My cat has apent her entire life on the boat and even if she
> could adapt to life on land i dont think i could adapt to life without
> her!!!! Please help!!!
>

> --
> Dynochop

Vet ASAP

sounds like hyperthyroidism

Bill Graham
December 27th 12, 02:55 AM
Matthew wrote:
> "Dynochop" > wrote in message
>>
>> My 8 year old female cat has ALWAYS been EXTREMELY agressive towards
>> other animals, so much so that she has actually "attacked" her own
>> reflection in the mirror! Since we live on a boat we usually dont
>> have to many "animal encounters" About two weeks ago my spouse and i
>> were awakened in the middle of the nite by our cat howling and
>> growling at herself in a mirror which she was newly able to see
>> herself in due to some coushins that were stacked in a new
>> area...this went on for 3 nites and now she "sees" her reflection
>> EVERYWHERE! and she has been growling hissing and lunging at us
>> regularly! She still comes to sleep with us but 15 hours of the day
>> shes growling and threating us! Shes usually very affectionate and
>> my spouse is talking about sending her ro a shelter!!! My cat has
>> apent her entire life on the boat and even if she could adapt to
>> life on land i dont think i could adapt to life without her!!!!
>> Please help!!!
>>

>> --
>> Dynochop
>
> Vet ASAP
>
> sounds like hyperthyroidism

Or maybe she's seasick all the time.....:^)