PDA

View Full Version : ill kitty with no support

mowryyy
December 27th 12, 09:31 PM
A few months ago I was home from University when my mother noticed my 6 year old cat, Niki was bleeding and her anus looked overly swollen and bloody. i myself took her to the vet who claimed it as a prolapsed anus, and when he pushed it back into place he said he felt something that could be a tumor. He asked that we come back in to do blood work and any necessary surgery depending on the blood results (cancer or not). He gave me an estimate of $1,000. I reported the news to my parents and they blew it off stating we didn't have the money. She wasn't bleeding anymore and that was their concern. The past few months Niki has been acting normal but you can tell she is sick. When we went to the vet she was just over 6lbs in weight, and you can really tell that she is very underweight even though she eats regularly. I have no support from my parents about what to do with the poor baby, and my brother and I are just college kids with no money. Should we just let her be until time runs out?

Mack A. Damia
December 28th 12, 02:25 AM
On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:31:41 +0000, mowryyy
> wrote:

>A few months ago I was home from University when my mother noticed my 6
>year old cat, Niki was bleeding and her anus looked overly swollen and
>bloody. i myself took her to the vet who claimed it as a prolapsed anus,
>and when he pushed it back into place he said he felt something that
>could be a tumor. He asked that we come back in to do blood work and any
>necessary surgery depending on the blood results (cancer or not). He
>gave me an estimate of $1,000. I reported the news to my parents and
>they blew it off stating we didn't have the money. She wasn't bleeding
>anymore and that was their concern. The past few months Niki has been
>acting normal but you can tell she is sick. When we went to the vet she
>was just over 6lbs in weight, and you can really tell that she is very
>underweight even though she eats regularly. I have no support from my
>parents about what to do with the poor baby, and my brother and I are
>just college kids with no money. Should we just let her be until time
>runs out?

Consult with several different vets.

Ask your local Humane Society or Animal Rescue League, et al for any
ideas.

Hope something works out for you and kitty.

--

Mack A. Damia
December 28th 12, 04:10 AM
> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:31:41 +0000, mowryyy
> wrote:
>

>>A few months ago I was home from University when my mother noticed my 6
>>year old cat, Niki was bleeding and her anus looked overly swollen and
>>bloody. i myself took her to the vet who claimed it as a prolapsed anus,
>>and when he pushed it back into place he said he felt something that
>>could be a tumor. He asked that we come back in to do blood work and any
>>necessary surgery depending on the blood results (cancer or not). He
>>gave me an estimate of $1,000. I reported the news to my parents and
>>they blew it off stating we didn't have the money. She wasn't bleeding
>>anymore and that was their concern. The past few months Niki has been
>>acting normal but you can tell she is sick. When we went to the vet she
>>was just over 6lbs in weight, and you can really tell that she is very
>>underweight even though she eats regularly. I have no support from my
>>parents about what to do with the poor baby, and my brother and I are
>>just college kids with no money. Should we just let her be until time
>>runs out?
>
>Consult with several different vets.
>
>Ask your local Humane Society or Animal Rescue League, et al for any
>ideas.
>
>Hope something works out for you and kitty.

P.S. If you are near a college or university that offers a program in
veternary medicine, you might get some help from them.

http://aavmc.org/College-Specific-Requirements/College-Specific-Requirements_College-Specifications.aspx

--

Bill Graham
December 29th 12, 01:10 AM
Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:25:29 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:31:41 +0000, mowryyy
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> A few months ago I was home from University when my mother noticed
>>> my 6 year old cat, Niki was bleeding and her anus looked overly
>>> swollen and bloody. i myself took her to the vet who claimed it as
>>> a prolapsed anus, and when he pushed it back into place he said he
>>> felt something that could be a tumor. He asked that we come back in
>>> to do blood work and any necessary surgery depending on the blood
>>> results (cancer or not). He gave me an estimate of $1,000. I
>>> reported the news to my parents and they blew it off stating we
>>> didn't have the money. She wasn't bleeding anymore and that was
>>> their concern. The past few months Niki has been acting normal but
>>> you can tell she is sick. When we went to the vet she was just over
>>> 6lbs in weight, and you can really tell that she is very
>>> underweight even though she eats regularly. I have no support from
>>> my parents about what to do with the poor baby, and my brother and
>>> I are just college kids with no money. Should we just let her be
>>> until time runs out?
>>
>> Consult with several different vets.
>>
>> Ask your local Humane Society or Animal Rescue League, et al for any
>> ideas.
>>
>> Hope something works out for you and kitty.
>
> P.S. If you are near a college or university that offers a program in
> veternary medicine, you might get some help from them.
>
> http://aavmc.org/College-Specific-Requirements/College-Specific-Requirements_College-Specifications.aspx

Yes. UC Davis School of Veteranary Medicine specializes in tough cases, See
their web page: http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/contact.cfm