PDA

View Full Version : Cats eradicated as pets in New Zealand

J[_3_]
January 23rd 13, 06:28 AM
Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
hideous creatures. Good riddance!

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cats-eradicated-as-pets-in-new-zealand/#W6YmMu6caVFv36LB.99

(STUFF) — Some scientists are backing Gareth Morgan’s campaign to
control cats in order to protect native species, but say more also
needs to be done to counter other predators.

Morgan, a philanthropist and economist, launched the Cats to Go
website yesterday, which calls for the eradication of the “friendly
neighborhood serial killer”.

Killing cats was an option, but cat owners should also control their
pets in order to protect native species, the website said.

University of Otago senior lecturer in zoology, Dr Yolanda van Heezik,
supported Morgan’s campaign, saying his proposals were reasonable and
would prove effective.

“Consider using a collar with a bell: our research has shown they
reduced catch by 50 per cent,” van Heezik said.

J Young

Jeanne Douglas
January 23rd 13, 08:22 AM
In article >,
J > wrote:

> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Oh, boy, you just took your life in your hands, bashing cats like that.

I DARE you to go out on the street and tell people this story and give
your charming reaction to it. It'll be a miracle if you escape intact,
even up there in Canada, the Land of Nice.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Syd M.
January 23rd 13, 08:30 AM
On Jan 23, 1:28*am, J > wrote:
> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> find a man.

Oh, good. JerkYoung again shows how much he 'respects' the ladies.

PDW

Devils Advocaat
January 23rd 13, 10:07 AM
On 23 Jan, 08:22, Jeanne Douglas > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *J > wrote:
> > Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> > find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> > hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> Oh, boy, you just took your life in your hands, bashing cats like that.
>
> I DARE you to go out on the street and tell people this story and give
> your charming reaction to it. It'll be a miracle if you escape intact,
> even up there in Canada, the Land of Nice.

I can't help but love kitty cats.

I was born into a home with a cat.

He kept an eye on me.

Especially when in the pram in the front garden.

> --
> JD
>
> "Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Christopher A. Lee
January 23rd 13, 12:36 PM
On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:07:37 -0800 (PST), Devils Advocaat
> wrote:

>On 23 Jan, 08:22, Jeanne Douglas > wrote:
>> In article >,
>>
>> *J > wrote:
>> > Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
>> > find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
>> > hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>>
>> Oh, boy, you just took your life in your hands, bashing cats like that.
>>
>> I DARE you to go out on the street and tell people this story and give
>> your charming reaction to it. It'll be a miracle if you escape intact,
>> even up there in Canada, the Land of Nice.
>
>I can't help but love kitty cats.
>
>I was born into a home with a cat.
>
>He kept an eye on me.
>
>Especially when in the pram in the front garden.

Me too. We had cats almost as far back as I can remember.

My father wasn't a homosexual and my mother wasn't a crazy woman who
couldn't find a man.

Obviously.

Zacharias Mulletstein
January 23rd 13, 11:40 PM
"J" > wrote in message

> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Don't **** with our kitty cats. Or I'll sic Pantera on you.

Father Haskell
January 23rd 13, 11:51 PM
On Jan 23, 3:22*am, Jeanne Douglas > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *J > wrote:
> > Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> > find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> > hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> Oh, boy, you just took your life in your hands, bashing cats like that.

Hopefully, he's kept it to mere words and not outright mistreatment.

Jeanne Douglas
January 24th 13, 12:17 AM
In article >,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" > wrote:

> "J" > wrote in message
> >
> > Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> > find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> > hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> Don't **** with our kitty cats. Or I'll sic Pantera on you.

How's Pantera doing? Give him a nice ear scratch for me, please.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Bill Graham
January 24th 13, 01:48 AM
J wrote:
> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Domestic cats don't bother the wildlife, if they are well fed. None of my
cats bother with the birds I feed on my back porch. I run through a 10 pound
bag of bird seed every couple of weeks. I have five cats and they don't pay
any attention to the birds at all. So to eliminate cats based on their
threat to other animals is a tough case to make. Now, this doesn't apply to
feral cats. these should be "eliminated" by catching, neutering and
releasing. There are lots of organizations that do this, so you might
consider giving them a little money from time to time.....

Southern Justice
January 24th 13, 03:12 AM
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41977

--

Jesus is comin' to kill kill kill.

J[_3_]
January 24th 13, 06:17 AM
On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 04:36:58 -0800, Christopher A. Lee
> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:07:37 -0800 (PST), Devils Advocaat
> wrote:
>
>>On 23 Jan, 08:22, Jeanne Douglas > wrote:

>>> Oh, boy, you just took your life in your hands, bashing cats like that.
>>>
>>> I DARE you to go out on the street and tell people this story and give
>>> your charming reaction to it. It'll be a miracle if you escape intact,
>>> even up there in Canada, the Land of Nice.
>>
>>I can't help but love kitty cats.
>>
>>I was born into a home with a cat.
>>
>>He kept an eye on me.
>>
>>Especially when in the pram in the front garden.
>
>Me too. We had cats almost as far back as I can remember.
>
>My father wasn't a homosexual and my mother wasn't a crazy woman who
>couldn't find a man.
>
>Obviously.

Obviously not every cat owner is gay or crazy, but as you can see by
the people who responded in this thread in defense of felines as
domestic pets, the vast majority of cat owners are either homosexuals
are crazy women.

J Young

Jeanne Douglas
January 24th 13, 07:42 AM
In article >,
J > wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 04:36:58 -0800, Christopher A. Lee
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:07:37 -0800 (PST), Devils Advocaat
> > wrote:

> >>I can't help but love kitty cats.
> >>
> >>I was born into a home with a cat.
> >>
> >>He kept an eye on me.
> >>
> >>Especially when in the pram in the front garden.
> >
> >Me too. We had cats almost as far back as I can remember.
> >
> >My father wasn't a homosexual and my mother wasn't a crazy woman who
> >couldn't find a man.
> >
> >Obviously.
>

> Obviously not every cat owner is gay or crazy, but as you can see by
> the people who responded in this thread in defense of felines as
> domestic pets, the vast majority of cat owners are either homosexuals
> are crazy women.

How would I know that from the people who responded?

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Zacharias Mulletstein
January 24th 13, 02:37 PM
"Jeanne Douglas" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Zacharias Mulletstein" > wrote:
>
>> "J" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
>> > find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
>> > hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>>
>> Don't **** with our kitty cats. Or I'll sic Pantera on you.
>
> How's Pantera doing? Give him a nice ear scratch for me, please.

He's getting huge. He's sweet to me, but vicious to anybody who tries to
harm me.

MaryL[_2_]
January 24th 13, 03:31 PM
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

J wrote:
> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Domestic cats don't bother the wildlife, if they are well fed. None of my
cats bother with the birds I feed on my back porch. I run through a 10 pound
bag of bird seed every couple of weeks. I have five cats and they don't pay
any attention to the birds at all. So to eliminate cats based on their
threat to other animals is a tough case to make. Now, this doesn't apply to
feral cats. these should be "eliminated" by catching, neutering and
releasing. There are lots of organizations that do this, so you might
consider giving them a little money from time to time.....

~~~~~~~~~~
That's not necessarily true. I love cats, and I love birds. What I don't
like is the fact that my neighbor's cats run free, and they stalk my birds.
Fortunately, they seldom catch them. My grandfather was a farmer, and he
kept barn cats which were *well fed* but were good "mousers." He always
pointed out that cats hunt prey from instinct and almost for play, not
simply because they are hungry.

MaryL

MarkA
January 24th 13, 04:16 PM
On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:22:32 -0800, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> In article >,
> J > wrote:
>
>> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
>> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
>> hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> Oh, boy, you just took your life in your hands, bashing cats like that.
>
> I DARE you to go out on the street and tell people this story and give
> your charming reaction to it. It'll be a miracle if you escape intact,
> even up there in Canada, the Land of Nice.

I always liked Dr. Richard Wiseman's quote: "Dogs are pets. Cats are
little killers who share your home."

I mostly like cats when they belong to someone else.

--
MarkA
Keeper of Things Put There Only Just The Night Before

Mack A. Damia
January 24th 13, 05:14 PM
On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:42:02 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
> wrote:

>In article >,
> J > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 04:36:58 -0800, Christopher A. Lee
>> > wrote:

>> >Me too. We had cats almost as far back as I can remember.
>> >
>> >My father wasn't a homosexual and my mother wasn't a crazy woman who
>> >couldn't find a man.
>> >
>> >Obviously.
>>

>> Obviously not every cat owner is gay or crazy, but as you can see by
>> the people who responded in this thread in defense of felines as
>> domestic pets, the vast majority of cat owners are either homosexuals
>> are crazy women.
>
>How would I know that from the people who responded?

\|||/
(o o)
,--oo0--------------.
| Please |
| Don't Feed |
| The TROLLs |
'--------------oo0---'
|__| |__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

--

Jeanne Douglas
January 24th 13, 11:06 PM
In article >,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" > wrote:

> "Jeanne Douglas" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> Don't **** with our kitty cats. Or I'll sic Pantera on you.
> >
> > How's Pantera doing? Give him a nice ear scratch for me, please.
>
> He's getting huge. He's sweet to me, but vicious to anybody who tries to
> harm me.

Did you give him his ear scratch from me?

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Bill Graham
January 25th 13, 01:07 AM
MaryL wrote:
> "Bill Graham" wrote in message
>
> J wrote:
>> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
>> can't find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine
>> without these hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> Domestic cats don't bother the wildlife, if they are well fed. None
> of my cats bother with the birds I feed on my back porch. I run
> through a 10 pound bag of bird seed every couple of weeks. I have
> five cats and they don't pay any attention to the birds at all. So to
> eliminate cats based on their threat to other animals is a tough case
> to make. Now, this doesn't apply to feral cats. these should be
> "eliminated" by catching, neutering and releasing. There are lots of
> organizations that do this, so you might consider giving them a
> little money from time to time.....
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> That's not necessarily true. I love cats, and I love birds. What I
> don't like is the fact that my neighbor's cats run free, and they
> stalk my birds. Fortunately, they seldom catch them. My grandfather
> was a farmer, and he kept barn cats which were *well fed* but were
> good "mousers." He always pointed out that cats hunt prey from
> instinct and almost for play, not simply because they are hungry.
>
> MaryL

Yes. My B-K used to catch and bring in the house, birds and other small
mammals like mice and chipmonks, but only to play with them, He never killed
them. After a while, they would escape beneath some furniture and eventually
Winter of 2010-2011. We fed him squirrel food and water. as soon as it
warmed up, he "escaped" through one of the sliding glass doors back into the
yard. He didn't have to worry about our other 4 cats. They were like turtles
compared to that chipmonk. - I never saw anything that was as fast as he
was. Even when I was watching him run across the kitchen floor, I couldn't
see him. I don't know how B-K caught him to begin with. He must have been
sleeping.....

Bill Graham
January 25th 13, 01:10 AM
MarkA wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:22:32 -0800, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> J > wrote:
>>
>>> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
>>> can't find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine
>>> without these hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>>
>> Oh, boy, you just took your life in your hands, bashing cats like
>> that.
>>
>> I DARE you to go out on the street and tell people this story and
>> give your charming reaction to it. It'll be a miracle if you escape
>> intact, even up there in Canada, the Land of Nice.
>
> I always liked Dr. Richard Wiseman's quote: "Dogs are pets. Cats are
> little killers who share your home."
>
> I mostly like cats when they belong to someone else.

Dogs are killers too, when they get together with other dogs and form packs.
Both dogs and cats are carnivores. That means they have been killing for
their food for millions of years before we came along to feed them.

Bill Graham
January 25th 13, 01:12 AM
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
> In article >,
> "Zacharias Mulletstein" > wrote:
>
>> "Jeanne Douglas" > wrote in message

>>> How's Pantera doing? Give him a nice ear scratch for me, please.
>>
>> He's getting huge. He's sweet to me, but vicious to anybody who
>> tries to harm me.
>>

> Did you give him his ear scratch from me?

He did, but he lost the index finger on his right hand.....

Zacharias Mulletstein
January 25th 13, 06:17 AM
"MaryL" > wrote in message

> "Bill Graham" wrote in message
>
> J wrote:
>> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
>> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
>> hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> Domestic cats don't bother the wildlife, if they are well fed. None of my
> cats bother with the birds I feed on my back porch. I run through a 10
> pound
> bag of bird seed every couple of weeks. I have five cats and they don't
> pay
> any attention to the birds at all. So to eliminate cats based on their
> threat to other animals is a tough case to make. Now, this doesn't apply
> feral cats. these should be "eliminated" by catching, neutering and
> releasing. There are lots of organizations that do this, so you might
> consider giving them a little money from time to time.....
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> That's not necessarily true. I love cats, and I love birds. What I don't
> like is the fact that my neighbor's cats run free, and they stalk my
> birds. Fortunately, they seldom catch them. My grandfather was a farmer,
> and he kept barn cats which were *well fed* but were good "mousers." He
> always pointed out that cats hunt prey from instinct and almost for play,
> not simply because they are hungry.

My parents' kitty cats aren't allowed outside at all. Two of them are 11.
I rescued a little stray kitten a couple of months ago. We had her spayed
last week. She loves me and she knows I saved her.

Zacharias Mulletstein
January 25th 13, 06:17 AM
"Jeanne Douglas" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Zacharias Mulletstein" > wrote:
>
>> "Jeanne Douglas" > wrote in message

>> > How's Pantera doing? Give him a nice ear scratch for me, please.
>>
>> He's getting huge. He's sweet to me, but vicious to anybody who tries to
>> harm me.
>>

> Did you give him his ear scratch from me?

Of course!

Zacharias Mulletstein
January 25th 13, 06:18 AM
"Bill Graham" > wrote in message
> Jeanne Douglas wrote:
>> In article >,

>>> He's getting huge. He's sweet to me, but vicious to anybody who
>>> tries to harm me.
>>>

>> Did you give him his ear scratch from me?
>
> He did, but he lost the index finger on his right hand.....

Pantera would never bite me. He loves me so much that he's about to pop.

Jeanne Douglas
January 25th 13, 07:27 AM
In article >,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" > wrote:

> "Jeanne Douglas" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> He's getting huge. He's sweet to me, but vicious to anybody who tries to
> >> harm me.
> >>

> > Did you give him his ear scratch from me?
>
> Of course!

Thank you.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

dgk
January 25th 13, 07:36 PM
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:07:50 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>MaryL wrote:
>> "Bill Graham" wrote in message
>>
>> J wrote:
>>> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
>>> can't find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine
>>> without these hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>>
>> Domestic cats don't bother the wildlife, if they are well fed. None
>> of my cats bother with the birds I feed on my back porch. I run
>> through a 10 pound bag of bird seed every couple of weeks. I have
>> five cats and they don't pay any attention to the birds at all. So to
>> eliminate cats based on their threat to other animals is a tough case
>> to make. Now, this doesn't apply to feral cats. these should be
>> "eliminated" by catching, neutering and releasing. There are lots of
>> organizations that do this, so you might consider giving them a
>> little money from time to time.....
>> ~~~~~~~~~~
>> That's not necessarily true. I love cats, and I love birds. What I
>> don't like is the fact that my neighbor's cats run free, and they
>> stalk my birds. Fortunately, they seldom catch them. My grandfather
>> was a farmer, and he kept barn cats which were *well fed* but were
>> good "mousers." He always pointed out that cats hunt prey from
>> instinct and almost for play, not simply because they are hungry.
>>
>> MaryL
>
>Yes. My B-K used to catch and bring in the house, birds and other small
>mammals like mice and chipmonks, but only to play with them, He never killed
>them. After a while, they would escape beneath some furniture and eventually
>Winter of 2010-2011. We fed him squirrel food and water. as soon as it
>warmed up, he "escaped" through one of the sliding glass doors back into the
>yard. He didn't have to worry about our other 4 cats. They were like turtles
>compared to that chipmonk. - I never saw anything that was as fast as he
>was. Even when I was watching him run across the kitchen floor, I couldn't
>see him. I don't know how B-K caught him to begin with. He must have been
>sleeping.....

I feed birds in my backyard during the winter. Seriously I go through
40 lbs of birdseed a week. And I have a heated birdbath so they have
fresh water - well, they're so stupid that the **** in it but I clean
it every few days.

I let my cats go out sometimes when I'm home. The yard is fenced so
the cats can't get out. The birds run away when the cats (or ME!) go
out, but after a bit they come back. Very rarely does one of my cats
actually get a bird, but they are interested in doing so in spite of
the fact that they are very well fed. They are hard-wired for
attacking smaller creatures. They are natural born killers.

Still, if we're going to stop the species that is wiping out other
species, we'd better practice more birth control. Blaming cats when we
wipe out more bird habitat, and birds, than cats could ever cause is
pretty blind.

MaryL[_2_]
January 26th 13, 01:50 AM
"dgk" wrote in message ...

Still, if we're going to stop the species that is wiping out other
species, we'd better practice more birth control. Blaming cats when we
wipe out more bird habitat, and birds, than cats could ever cause is
pretty blind.

~~~~~~~~~
Excellent point!

MaryL

J[_3_]
January 26th 13, 02:00 AM
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:14:14 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:

> \|||/
> (o o)
> ,--oo0--------------.
> | Please |
> | Don't Feed |
> | The TROLLs |
> '--------------oo0---'
> |__| |__|
> || ||
> ooO Ooo

You've been around awhile but not as long as me. You still need to
learn the difference between a troll and someone who you disagree
with. Keep coming back, youngster, you'll eventually learn.

J Young

Mack A. Damia
January 26th 13, 02:17 AM
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:00:26 -0800, J > wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:14:14 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:
>

>> \|||/
>> (o o)
>> ,--oo0--------------.
>> | Please |
>> | Don't Feed |
>> | The TROLLs |
>> '--------------oo0---'
>> |__| |__|
>> || ||
>> ooO Ooo
>

>You've been around awhile but not as long as me. You still need to
>learn the difference between a troll and someone who you disagree
>with. Keep coming back, youngster, you'll eventually learn.

Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.

Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.

--

J[_3_]
January 26th 13, 02:35 AM
> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:00:26 -0800, J > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:14:14 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:
>>

>>> \|||/
>>> (o o)
>>> ,--oo0--------------.
>>> | Please |
>>> | Don't Feed |
>>> | The TROLLs |
>>> '--------------oo0---'
>>> |__| |__|
>>> || ||
>>> ooO Ooo
>>

>>You've been around awhile but not as long as me. You still need to
>>learn the difference between a troll and someone who you disagree
>>with. Keep coming back, youngster, you'll eventually learn.
>
>Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
>troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.
>
>Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.

Earth 66 years, usenet 12. You still have a bit to learn ( if someone
addresses you as "youngster" at 66, consider it a compliment )

J Young

Father Haskell
January 26th 13, 02:42 AM
On Jan 24, 8:10*pm, "Bill Graham" > wrote:
> MarkA wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:22:32 -0800, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> >> Oh, boy, you just took your life in your hands, bashing cats like
> >> that.
>
> >> I DARE you to go out on the street and tell people this story and
> >> give your charming reaction to it. It'll be a miracle if you escape
> >> intact, even up there in Canada, the Land of Nice.
>
> > I always liked Dr. Richard Wiseman's quote: "Dogs are pets. *Cats are
> > little killers who share your home."
>
> > I mostly like cats when they belong to someone else.
>
> Dogs are killers too, when they get together with other dogs and form packs.
> Both dogs and cats are carnivores. That means they have been killing for
> their food for millions of years before we came along to feed them.

The saying about dogs eating anything is true.

http://tinyurl.com/akkxpjd

Mack A. Damia
January 26th 13, 03:53 AM
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:35:36 -0800, J > wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:17:48 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:00:26 -0800, J > wrote:

>>>You've been around awhile but not as long as me. You still need to
>>>learn the difference between a troll and someone who you disagree
>>>with. Keep coming back, youngster, you'll eventually learn.
>>
>>Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
>>troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.
>>
>>Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.
>

>Earth 66 years, usenet 12. You still have a bit to learn ( if someone
>addresses you as "youngster" at 66, consider it a compliment )

So you're a stalker, too. Did it ever occur to you that I posted
under a different nick before the present one?

BTW, stick your finger into a live electrical socket, and you'll feel
God's wrath.

As for now and forever........

<*PLONK*>

--

Jeanne Douglas
January 26th 13, 09:07 AM
J > wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:17:48 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> > wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:00:26 -0800, J > wrote:

> >>You've been around awhile but not as long as me. You still need to
> >>learn the difference between a troll and someone who you disagree
> >>with. Keep coming back, youngster, you'll eventually learn.
> >
> >Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
> >troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.
> >
> >Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.
>

> Earth 66 years, usenet 12. You still have a bit to learn ( if someone
> addresses you as "youngster" at 66, consider it a compliment )

Why should he not take your attempt to infantilize him as an insult.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
January 26th 13, 09:47 AM
J > wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:17:48 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> > wrote:
> >On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:00:26 -0800, J > wrote:

> >>You've been around awhile but not as long as me. You still need to
> >>learn the difference between a troll and someone who you disagree
> >>with. Keep coming back, youngster, you'll eventually learn.
> >
> >Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
> >troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.
> >
> >Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.
>
> Earth 66 years, usenet 12. You still have a bit to learn ( if someone
> addresses you as "youngster" at 66, consider it a compliment )

Actually, usenet has been around since at least 1981, so the number of
years should be at least 32 instead of 12. Here's a newsgroup message
from 1981 that supports my point:

http://groups.google.com/group/net.general/msg/205f828a7595fc94

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you

Mack A. Damia
January 26th 13, 06:07 PM
On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 01:07:40 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
> wrote:

>In article >,
> J > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:17:48 -0800, Mack A. Damia
>> > wrote:

>> >Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
>> >troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.
>> >
>> >Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.
>>

>> Earth 66 years, usenet 12. You still have a bit to learn ( if someone
>> addresses you as "youngster" at 66, consider it a compliment )
>
>Why should he not take your attempt to infantilize him as an insult.

This troll is better off in my bozo bin. It serves as my septic tank,
too, so he'll feel right at home.

--

Bill Graham
January 27th 13, 02:10 AM
Zacharias Mulletstein wrote:
> "Bill Graham" > wrote in message
>> Jeanne Douglas wrote:

>>> Did you give him his ear scratch from me?
>>
>> He did, but he lost the index finger on his right hand.....
>
> Pantera would never bite me. He loves me so much that he's about to
> pop.

My cats bite me all the time. they are, "love bites" and are not meant to do
me harm. but I have psoraisis, and my skin is rather thin in spots, so they
sometimes draw blood. Its just something I have to put up with. They don't
really mean me any harm.

J[_3_]
January 27th 13, 02:26 AM
On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 01:47:22 -0800, "Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
atheist goddess" > wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:35:36 -0800
>J > wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:17:48 -0800, Mack A. Damia
>> > wrote:

>> >Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
>> >troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.
>> >
>> >Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.
>>
>> Earth 66 years, usenet 12. You still have a bit to learn ( if someone
>> addresses you as "youngster" at 66, consider it a compliment )
>
>Actually, usenet has been around since at least 1981, so the number of
>years should be at least 32 instead of 12. Here's a newsgroup message
>from 1981 that supports my point:
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/net.general/msg/205f828a7595fc94

Thank you for the history lesson; I didn't know it went it went as far
back as '81. Actually, the 12 years I was referring to was the amount
of years the poster using the nym 'Mack A. Damia' has been on Usenet.
I myself go back to '97, but only to a.a. since '04 at the
"invitation" of Patrick Lee Humphrey.

J Young

dgk
January 28th 13, 02:32 PM
atheist goddess" > wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:35:36 -0800
>J > wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:17:48 -0800, Mack A. Damia
>> > wrote:

>> >Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
>> >troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.
>> >
>> >Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.
>>
>> Earth 66 years, usenet 12. You still have a bit to learn ( if someone
>> addresses you as "youngster" at 66, consider it a compliment )
>
>Actually, usenet has been around since at least 1981, so the number of
>years should be at least 32 instead of 12. Here's a newsgroup message
>from 1981 that supports my point:
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/net.general/msg/205f828a7595fc94

And I was on bulletin boards before usenet became popular. Then came
Fidonet. There was even once something called AOL... I was on
Compuserve. I just came across my original signup sheet while cleaning
out some junk. I was something like 9432/4177, something like that.
Couldn't use letters.

IBen Getiner[_3_]
February 3rd 13, 10:24 AM
On Jan 23, 1:28*am, J > wrote:
> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cats-eradicated-as-pets-in-new-zealand/#W6...
>
> (STUFF) Some scientists are backing Gareth Morgan s campaign to
> control cats in order to protect native species, but say more also
> needs to be done to counter other predators.
>
> Morgan, a philanthropist and economist, launched the Cats to Go
> website yesterday, which calls for the eradication of the friendly
> neighborhood serial killer .
>
> Killing cats was an option, but cat owners should also control their
> pets in order to protect native species, the website said.
>
> University of Otago senior lecturer in zoology, Dr Yolanda van Heezik,
> supported Morgan s campaign, saying his proposals were reasonable and
> would prove effective.
>
> Consider using a collar with a bell: our research has shown they
> reduced catch by 50 per cent, van Heezik said.
>
> J Young

Hey....!! I love cats and I ain't no fag. I have to disagree with you
here, Jon. Just because you're a dog-person doesn't give you the right
to homosexualize the ones of us who aren't. We love out cats!! As long
as they’re totally declawed and keep ****ting in their little boxes,
that is…..

IBen

Devils Advocaat
February 3rd 13, 12:45 PM
On Feb 3, 10:24*am, IBen Getiner > wrote:
> On Jan 23, 1:28*am, J > wrote:
>

> > Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> > find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> > hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> >http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cats-eradicated-as-pets-in-new-zealand/#W6...
>
> > (STUFF) Some scientists are backing Gareth Morgan s campaign to
> > control cats in order to protect native species, but say more also
> > needs to be done to counter other predators.
>
> > Morgan, a philanthropist and economist, launched the Cats to Go
> > website yesterday, which calls for the eradication of the friendly
> > neighborhood serial killer .
>
> > Killing cats was an option, but cat owners should also control their
> > pets in order to protect native species, the website said.
>
> > University of Otago senior lecturer in zoology, Dr Yolanda van Heezik,
> > supported Morgan s campaign, saying his proposals were reasonable and
> > would prove effective.
>
> > Consider using a collar with a bell: our research has shown they
> > reduced catch by 50 per cent, van Heezik said.
>
> > J Young
> >

> Hey....!! *I love cats and I ain't no fag. I have to disagree with you
> here, Jon. Just because you're a dog-person doesn't give you the right
> to homosexualize the ones of us who aren't. We love out cats!! As long
> as they’re totally declawed and keep ****ting in their little boxes,
> that is…..
>
> IBen

Why claim to be a cat lover then promote deliberate mutilation of the
same?

Clara Semps[_2_]
February 4th 13, 07:51 AM
In the middle Ages, the Black Plague was spread quickly... There were
several reasons for this. Primarily, the spread of the big asian rats
carrying the disease.

But cats had been nearly wiped out in Europe after hysterical people
terrified by the famines and epidemics, and claiming cats to be
witches' familiars who brought about all these troubles, decided that
the poor beasts were spawns of the devil, killed most of them off, so
there was no domestic hunter of rats anymore.

There's a natural order in our world. Upset the balance and it's
usually we humans who suffer. Serves us right.

Now, as for your claim, I have several gay and crazy female friends who
can't stand cats, a brother and his wife, cousin and his family,
several uncles and their wives of many years, etc., ad nauseum who dore
the creatures. As for crazy women who can't find a man, some of us just
don't want to bother with them... the men.

I do think that more cities should implement a maximum housecat limit.
In several cities around where I live, the law is no more than 8 house
cats, 3 dogs and 2 birds. They actually regulate it. Doesn't always
work but when they have to, they'll go into the crazy lady's house and
take out her 38 cats, most of which are sick because the stupid woman
can't take care of them.

Ever watch Animal Planet? Try watching the Animal Cops of Houston,
Phoenix, or the others when they're on. Very educational.

BTW, New Zeland doesn't want to eradicate cats as pets, but the ferals
and strays. To that end, tighter controls on pets would help. But Cats
aren't the only predators of birds, mice, rats and other small
creatures, so those other predators will need to be controlled too.

Have a nice day actually reading what's under the headlines.

CS

In article >,
> wrote:

> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>

> http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cats-eradicated-as-pets-in-new-zealand/#W6YmMu6caVF
> v36LB.99
>

> (STUFF) — Some scientists are backing Gareth Morgan’s campaign to
> control cats in order to protect native species, but say more also
> needs to be done to counter other predators.
>
> Morgan, a philanthropist and economist, launched the Cats to Go
> website yesterday, which calls for the eradication of the “friendly
> neighborhood serial killer”.
>
> Killing cats was an option, but cat owners should also control their
> pets in order to protect native species, the website said.
>
> University of Otago senior lecturer in zoology, Dr Yolanda van Heezik,
> supported Morgan’s campaign, saying his proposals were reasonable and
> would prove effective.
>
> “Consider using a collar with a bell: our research has shown they
> reduced catch by 50 per cent,” van Heezik said.
>

> J Young

IBen Getiner[_3_]
February 4th 13, 11:34 AM
On Feb 3, 7:45*am, Devils Advocaat > wrote:
> On Feb 3, 10:24*am, IBen Getiner > wrote:
>

> > On Jan 23, 1:28*am, J > wrote:
>
> > > Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> > > find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> > > hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> > >http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cats-eradicated-as-pets-in-new-zealand/#W6....
>
> > > (STUFF) Some scientists are backing Gareth Morgan s campaign to
> > > control cats in order to protect native species, but say more also
> > > needs to be done to counter other predators.
>
> > > Morgan, a philanthropist and economist, launched the Cats to Go
> > > website yesterday, which calls for the eradication of the friendly
> > > neighborhood serial killer .
>
> > > Killing cats was an option, but cat owners should also control their
> > > pets in order to protect native species, the website said.
>
> > > University of Otago senior lecturer in zoology, Dr Yolanda van Heezik,
> > > supported Morgan s campaign, saying his proposals were reasonable and
> > > would prove effective.
>
> > > Consider using a collar with a bell: our research has shown they
> > > reduced catch by 50 per cent, van Heezik said.
>
> > > J Young
> > >

> > Hey....!! *I love cats and I ain't no fag. I have to disagree with you
> > here, Jon. Just because you're a dog-person doesn't give you the right
> > to homosexualize the ones of us who aren't. We love out cats!! As long
> > as they’re totally declawed and keep ****ting in their little boxes,
> > that is…..
>
> > IBen
>
> Why claim to be a cat lover then promote deliberate mutilation of the
> same?

Mutilation....? None of my cats are spayed OR neutered. Sorry... try
again.

IBen

Mack A. Damia
February 4th 13, 01:14 PM
On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 02:51:57 -0500, Clara Semps
> wrote:

>In the middle Ages, the Black Plague was spread quickly... There were
>several reasons for this. Primarily, the spread of the big asian rats
>carrying the disease.

The Black Death was caused by fleas carried by rats that were very
common in towns and cities. The fleas bit into their victims literally
injecting them with the disease. Death could be very quick for the
weaker victims.

--

IBen Getiner[_3_]
February 5th 13, 06:32 AM
On Feb 4, 8:14*am, Mack A. Damia > wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 02:51:57 -0500, Clara Semps
>
> > wrote:
> >In the middle Ages, the Black Plague was spread quickly... *There were
> >several reasons for this. Primarily, the spread of the big asian rats
> >carrying the disease.
>
> The Black Death was caused by fleas carried by rats that were very
> common in towns and cities. The fleas bit into their victims literally
> injecting them with the disease. Death could be very quick for the
> weaker victims.
>
> --

\|||/
(o o)
,--oo0--------------.
| Please |
| Don't Feed |
| The RATz |
'--------------oo0---'
|__| |__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Bill Graham
February 5th 13, 07:19 AM
Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 02:51:57 -0500, Clara Semps
> > wrote:
>
>> In the middle Ages, the Black Plague was spread quickly... There
>> were several reasons for this. Primarily, the spread of the big
>> asian rats carrying the disease.
>
> The Black Death was caused by fleas carried by rats that were very
> common in towns and cities. The fleas bit into their victims literally
> injecting them with the disease. Death could be very quick for the
> weaker victims.

Yes. The Bubonic plague is one of the few diseases that crosses the species
barrier from rats to humans. Fortunately, most diseases do not. In the 18th
century, cats may have easily saved millions of human lives.....

Mack A. Damia
February 5th 13, 08:02 AM
On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 23:19:20 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 02:51:57 -0500, Clara Semps
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> In the middle Ages, the Black Plague was spread quickly... There
>>> were several reasons for this. Primarily, the spread of the big
>>> asian rats carrying the disease.
>>
>> The Black Death was caused by fleas carried by rats that were very
>> common in towns and cities. The fleas bit into their victims literally
>> injecting them with the disease. Death could be very quick for the
>> weaker victims.
>
>Yes. The Bubonic plague is one of the few diseases that crosses the species
>barrier from rats to humans. Fortunately, most diseases do not. In the 18th
>century, cats may have easily saved millions of human lives.....

Just wondering out loud........the cats themselves could have carried
infected fleas; dogs too.

--

Bill Graham
February 5th 13, 06:58 PM
Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 23:19:20 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
> wrote:
>
>> Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>> On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 02:51:57 -0500, Clara Semps

>>> The Black Death was caused by fleas carried by rats that were very
>>> common in towns and cities. The fleas bit into their victims
>>> literally injecting them with the disease. Death could be very
>>> quick for the weaker victims.
>>
>> Yes. The Bubonic plague is one of the few diseases that crosses the
>> species barrier from rats to humans. Fortunately, most diseases do
>> not. In the 18th century, cats may have easily saved millions of
>> human lives.....
>
> Just wondering out loud........the cats themselves could have carried
> infected fleas; dogs too.

Yes.... And the cats (and dogs) could have also gotten the plague.... I
don't know. News stories seldon answer those kinds of very intelligent
questions. I think that if they did, all newscsters woulde have become
engineers.....

Mack A. Damia
February 5th 13, 07:19 PM
On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 10:58:21 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 23:19:20 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
>> wrote:

>>> Yes. The Bubonic plague is one of the few diseases that crosses the
>>> species barrier from rats to humans. Fortunately, most diseases do
>>> not. In the 18th century, cats may have easily saved millions of
>>> human lives.....
>>
>> Just wondering out loud........the cats themselves could have carried
>> infected fleas; dogs too.
>
>Yes.... And the cats (and dogs) could have also gotten the plague.... I
>don't know. News stories seldon answer those kinds of very intelligent
>questions. I think that if they did, all newscsters woulde have become
>engineers.....

I believe rats infested with infected fleas carried the plague from
Asia to Europe aboard ships, but the flea could be present in any host
that would accommodate it, including humans.

--

Bill Graham
February 5th 13, 08:04 PM
Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 10:58:21 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
> wrote:
>
>> Mack A. Damia wrote:

>>> Just wondering out loud........the cats themselves could have
>>> carried infected fleas; dogs too.
>>
>> Yes.... And the cats (and dogs) could have also gotten the
>> plague.... I don't know. News stories seldon answer those kinds of
>> very intelligent questions. I think that if they did, all newscsters
>> woulde have become engineers.....
>
> I believe rats infested with infected fleas carried the plague from
> Asia to Europe aboard ships, but the flea could be present in any host
> that would accommodate it, including humans.

Yes. But the question was, did the rats, cats and dogs get the plague as
well as the humans?

Mack A. Damia
February 5th 13, 08:47 PM
On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 13:57:47 -0600, Robert Parker
> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:02:58 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 23:19:20 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
>>wrote:

>>>Yes. The Bubonic plague is one of the few diseases that crosses the species
>>>barrier from rats to humans. Fortunately, most diseases do not. In the 18th
>>>century, cats may have easily saved millions of human lives.....
>>
>>Just wondering out loud........the cats themselves could have carried
>>infected fleas; dogs too.
>
> Cats would have reduced the rat population. No indication that dogs or
>cats would be carriers of the plague.

Not quite. Neither rats, cats or dogs were carriers of the plague -
they were carriers of fleas. The fleas carried the disease on any
hosts that would accommodate them. Rats were favorites because they
were filthy rodents and difficult to contain. Dogs and cats have been
family pets for eons.

--

Mack A. Damia
February 5th 13, 08:50 PM
wrote:

>Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 10:58:21 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
>> wrote:

>>> Yes.... And the cats (and dogs) could have also gotten the
>>> plague.... I don't know. News stories seldon answer those kinds of
>>> very intelligent questions. I think that if they did, all newscsters
>>> woulde have become engineers.....
>>
>> I believe rats infested with infected fleas carried the plague from
>> Asia to Europe aboard ships, but the flea could be present in any host
>> that would accommodate it, including humans.
>
>Yes. But the question was, did the rats, cats and dogs get the plague as
>well as the humans?

Yes.

http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/infectious-parasitic/c_ct_plague%20

--

Brian E. Clark
February 6th 13, 02:25 AM

> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!

I might suggest that you be ground into cat food and fed to
a family of hungry strays, but cats possess a certain
dignity -- and surely they would choose to starve rather
than dine on the likes of you.

--
-----------
Brian E. Clark

Bill Graham
February 6th 13, 09:01 AM
Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 12:04:17 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
> wrote:
>
>> Mack A. Damia wrote:

>>> I believe rats infested with infected fleas carried the plague from
>>> Asia to Europe aboard ships, but the flea could be present in any
>>> host that would accommodate it, including humans.
>>
>> Yes. But the question was, did the rats, cats and dogs get the
>> plague as well as the humans?
>
> Yes.
>
> http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/infectious-parasitic/c_ct_plague%20

In that case, rats were unnecessary. Common household pets could have
vectored the disease to humans without benefit of rats.....

Mack A. Damia
February 6th 13, 12:54 PM
On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 01:01:44 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 12:04:17 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
>> wrote:

>>> Yes. But the question was, did the rats, cats and dogs get the
>>> plague as well as the humans?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/infectious-parasitic/c_ct_plague%20
>
>In that case, rats were unnecessary. Common household pets could have
>vectored the disease to humans without benefit of rats.....

The details are not clear. It is generally accepted that the rat
carried the fleas who carried the disease from Asia to Europe. And it
was a certain specie of rat. You will read, "it was probably carried
by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were regular
passengers on merchant ships". People could spread the disease, too.
Bubonic plague can progress to lethal septicemic plague in some cases.
The plague is also known to spread to the lungs and become the disease
known as the pneumonic plague, This form of the disease is highly
communicable as the bacteria can be transmitted in droplets emitted
when coughing or sneezing.

I don't know if cats were susceptible to the bubonic plague. If you
read accounts of the Black Death, you won't read about cats; rather,
the emphasis is on rats and fleas. Regardless, whoever or whatever
caught the plague didn't live very long due to poor health, famine and
poor hygiene/sanitation.

Accounts are still sketchy, and their are several different theories
concerning the etiology of the plague. It's not even positively known
if the great pandemic of 1348 -1350 was, in fact, the bubonic plague,
but historical descriptions of the disease tend to support this view.

According to the website I posted, cats were susceptible to certain
forms of the plague, but they probably expired in a very short time. I
did a lot of research into the Black Death for a paper in college many
years ago, and I never came across any suggestion that cats (or dogs)
were involved; it was always rats and fleas.

--

dgk
February 6th 13, 08:07 PM
> wrote:

>On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 01:01:44 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
>wrote:
>
>>Mack A. Damia wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/infectious-parasitic/c_ct_plague%20
>>
>>In that case, rats were unnecessary. Common household pets could have
>>vectored the disease to humans without benefit of rats.....
>
>The details are not clear. It is generally accepted that the rat
>carried the fleas who carried the disease from Asia to Europe. And it
>was a certain specie of rat. You will read, "it was probably carried
>by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were regular
>passengers on merchant ships". People could spread the disease, too.
>Bubonic plague can progress to lethal septicemic plague in some cases.
>The plague is also known to spread to the lungs and become the disease
>known as the pneumonic plague, This form of the disease is highly
>communicable as the bacteria can be transmitted in droplets emitted
>when coughing or sneezing.
>
>I don't know if cats were susceptible to the bubonic plague. If you
>read accounts of the Black Death, you won't read about cats; rather,
>the emphasis is on rats and fleas. Regardless, whoever or whatever
>caught the plague didn't live very long due to poor health, famine and
>poor hygiene/sanitation.
>
>Accounts are still sketchy, and their are several different theories
>concerning the etiology of the plague. It's not even positively known
>if the great pandemic of 1348 -1350 was, in fact, the bubonic plague,
>but historical descriptions of the disease tend to support this view.
>
>According to the website I posted, cats were susceptible to certain
>forms of the plague, but they probably expired in a very short time. I
>did a lot of research into the Black Death for a paper in college many
>years ago, and I never came across any suggestion that cats (or dogs)
>were involved; it was always rats and fleas.

Interesting thread. But weren't cats considered associated with
witches and devils back then? I think there weren't a whole lot of
cats around. And, of course, not Advantage or Frontline.

Matthew[_3_]
February 6th 13, 09:04 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 04:54:29 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 01:01:44 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
>>wrote:

>>>In that case, rats were unnecessary. Common household pets could have
>>>vectored the disease to humans without benefit of rats.....
>>
>>The details are not clear. It is generally accepted that the rat
>>carried the fleas who carried the disease from Asia to Europe. And it
>>was a certain specie of rat. You will read, "it was probably carried
>>by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were regular
>>passengers on merchant ships". People could spread the disease, too.
>>Bubonic plague can progress to lethal septicemic plague in some cases.
>>The plague is also known to spread to the lungs and become the disease
>>known as the pneumonic plague, This form of the disease is highly
>>communicable as the bacteria can be transmitted in droplets emitted
>>when coughing or sneezing.
>>
>>I don't know if cats were susceptible to the bubonic plague. If you
>>read accounts of the Black Death, you won't read about cats; rather,
>>the emphasis is on rats and fleas. Regardless, whoever or whatever
>>caught the plague didn't live very long due to poor health, famine and
>>poor hygiene/sanitation.
>>
>>Accounts are still sketchy, and their are several different theories
>>concerning the etiology of the plague. It's not even positively known
>>if the great pandemic of 1348 -1350 was, in fact, the bubonic plague,
>>but historical descriptions of the disease tend to support this view.
>>
>>According to the website I posted, cats were susceptible to certain
>>forms of the plague, but they probably expired in a very short time. I
>>did a lot of research into the Black Death for a paper in college many
>>years ago, and I never came across any suggestion that cats (or dogs)
>>were involved; it was always rats and fleas.
>
> Interesting thread. But weren't cats considered associated with
> witches and devils back then? I think there weren't a whole lot of
> cats around. And, of course, not Advantage or Frontline.

Not dogs but cats were associated with witchcraft by ignorant uneducated
peasants and zealous Christian religious leaders. Kill the cats left the
rat population ( the plague carriers ) uncontrolled according to some
studies. The rats ate the stocks and so on and so on. Fleas infested
everything back than but as we know if we have a flea infestation there are
more on animals than humans

Bill Graham
February 7th 13, 06:02 PM
Brian E. Clark wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>
>> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
>> can't find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine
>> without these hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>
> I might suggest that you be ground into cat food and fed to
> a family of hungry strays, but cats possess a certain
> dignity -- and surely they would choose to starve rather
> than dine on the likes of you.

Yes. My cats wouldn't touch it. They have a hard time eating even commercial
cat food, much less ground up human beings. And in this case, it is
questionable whether or not the ground meat was actually human.....

Bill Graham
February 7th 13, 06:13 PM
Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 01:01:44 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
> wrote:
>
>> Mack A. Damia wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/infectious-parasitic/c_ct_plague%20
>>
>> In that case, rats were unnecessary. Common household pets could have
>> vectored the disease to humans without benefit of rats.....
>
> The details are not clear. It is generally accepted that the rat
> carried the fleas who carried the disease from Asia to Europe. And it
> was a certain specie of rat. You will read, "it was probably carried
> by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were regular
> passengers on merchant ships". People could spread the disease, too.
> Bubonic plague can progress to lethal septicemic plague in some cases.
> The plague is also known to spread to the lungs and become the disease
> known as the pneumonic plague, This form of the disease is highly
> communicable as the bacteria can be transmitted in droplets emitted
> when coughing or sneezing.
>
> I don't know if cats were susceptible to the bubonic plague. If you
> read accounts of the Black Death, you won't read about cats; rather,
> the emphasis is on rats and fleas. Regardless, whoever or whatever
> caught the plague didn't live very long due to poor health, famine and
> poor hygiene/sanitation.
>
> Accounts are still sketchy, and their are several different theories
> concerning the etiology of the plague. It's not even positively known
> if the great pandemic of 1348 -1350 was, in fact, the bubonic plague,
> but historical descriptions of the disease tend to support this view.
>
> According to the website I posted, cats were susceptible to certain
> forms of the plague, but they probably expired in a very short time. I
> did a lot of research into the Black Death for a paper in college many
> years ago, and I never came across any suggestion that cats (or dogs)
> were involved; it was always rats and fleas.

In any case, it is a very interesting subject.... In another life, I might
want to cecome involved in that kind of research. I even wonder whether or
not an infected flea lives a normal lifespan when carrying the disease....
We have a cat that is infected with FIV. We have had him for about 15 years
now. He must be around 17 years olke or older. Even our vet is amazed at how
well he does csrrying this disease. She says he must be a carrier, but is
unaffected himself. But he doesn't give the disease to any of our other cats
either, although they all get immunization shots against it. Smokey was
feral, so we don't know how long he has had the disease. (I tamed him with
roast chicken and much patience....:^)

Bill Graham
February 7th 13, 06:18 PM
dgk wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 04:54:29 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 01:01:44 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
>> wrote:

>>> In that case, rats were unnecessary. Common household pets could
>>> have vectored the disease to humans without benefit of rats.....
>>
>> The details are not clear. It is generally accepted that the rat
>> carried the fleas who carried the disease from Asia to Europe. And
>> it was a certain specie of rat. You will read, "it was probably
>> carried by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were
>> regular passengers on merchant ships". People could spread the
>> disease, too. Bubonic plague can progress to lethal septicemic
>> plague in some cases. The plague is also known to spread to the
>> lungs and become the disease known as the pneumonic plague, This
>> form of the disease is highly communicable as the bacteria can be
>> transmitted in droplets emitted when coughing or sneezing.
>>
>> I don't know if cats were susceptible to the bubonic plague. If you
>> read accounts of the Black Death, you won't read about cats; rather,
>> the emphasis is on rats and fleas. Regardless, whoever or whatever
>> caught the plague didn't live very long due to poor health, famine
>> and poor hygiene/sanitation.
>>
>> Accounts are still sketchy, and their are several different theories
>> concerning the etiology of the plague. It's not even positively
>> known if the great pandemic of 1348 -1350 was, in fact, the bubonic
>> plague, but historical descriptions of the disease tend to support
>> this view.
>>
>> According to the website I posted, cats were susceptible to certain
>> forms of the plague, but they probably expired in a very short time.
>> I did a lot of research into the Black Death for a paper in college
>> many years ago, and I never came across any suggestion that cats (or
>> dogs) were involved; it was always rats and fleas.
>
> Interesting thread. But weren't cats considered associated with
> witches and devils back then? I think there weren't a whole lot of
> cats around. And, of course, not Advantage or Frontline.

I am sure that cats are still associated with both witches and devils....
but I love them anyway.....:^)

Father Haskell
February 7th 13, 06:18 PM
On Feb 6, 7:54*am, Mack A. Damia > wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 01:01:44 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
> wrote:
>

> >Mack A. Damia wrote:

> >> Yes.
>
> >>http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/infectious-parasitic/c_ct_plague%20
>
> >In that case, rats were unnecessary. Common household pets could have
> >vectored the disease to humans without benefit of rats.....
>
> The details are not clear. *It is generally accepted that the rat
> carried the fleas who carried the disease from Asia to Europe. *And it
> was a certain specie of rat. You will read, "it was probably carried
> by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were regular
> passengers on merchant ships". * People could spread the disease, too.
> Bubonic plague can progress to lethal septicemic plague in some cases.
> The plague is also known to spread to the lungs and become the disease
> known as the pneumonic plague, This form of the disease is highly
> communicable as the bacteria can be transmitted in droplets emitted
> when coughing or sneezing.
>
> I don't know if cats were susceptible to the bubonic plague. *If you
> read accounts of the Black Death, you won't read about cats; rather,
> the emphasis is on rats and fleas. *Regardless, whoever or whatever
> caught the plague didn't live very long due to poor health, famine and
> poor hygiene/sanitation.
>
> Accounts are still sketchy, and their are several different theories
> concerning the etiology of the plague. *It's not even positively known
> if the great pandemic of 1348 -1350 was, in fact, the bubonic plague,
> but historical descriptions of the disease tend to support this view.
>
> According to the website I posted, cats were susceptible to certain
> forms of the plague, but they probably expired in a very short time. I
> did a lot of research into the Black Death for a paper in college many
> years ago, and I never came across any suggestion that cats (or dogs)
> were involved; it was always rats and fleas.
>
> --

Didn't plague originate in Chinese marmots?

Mack A. Damia
February 7th 13, 06:39 PM
On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:18:30 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
> wrote:

>On Feb 6, 7:54*am, Mack A. Damia > wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 01:01:44 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
>> wrote:

>> >In that case, rats were unnecessary. Common household pets could have
>> >vectored the disease to humans without benefit of rats.....
>>
>> The details are not clear. *It is generally accepted that the rat
>> carried the fleas who carried the disease from Asia to Europe. *And it
>> was a certain specie of rat. You will read, "it was probably carried
>> by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were regular
>> passengers on merchant ships". * People could spread the disease, too.
>> Bubonic plague can progress to lethal septicemic plague in some cases.
>> The plague is also known to spread to the lungs and become the disease
>> known as the pneumonic plague, This form of the disease is highly
>> communicable as the bacteria can be transmitted in droplets emitted
>> when coughing or sneezing.
>>
>> I don't know if cats were susceptible to the bubonic plague. *If you
>> read accounts of the Black Death, you won't read about cats; rather,
>> the emphasis is on rats and fleas. *Regardless, whoever or whatever
>> caught the plague didn't live very long due to poor health, famine and
>> poor hygiene/sanitation.
>>
>> Accounts are still sketchy, and their are several different theories
>> concerning the etiology of the plague. *It's not even positively known
>> if the great pandemic of 1348 -1350 was, in fact, the bubonic plague,
>> but historical descriptions of the disease tend to support this view.
>>
>> According to the website I posted, cats were susceptible to certain
>> forms of the plague, but they probably expired in a very short time. I
>> did a lot of research into the Black Death for a paper in college many
>> years ago, and I never came across any suggestion that cats (or dogs)
>> were involved; it was always rats and fleas.
>>
>> --
>
>Didn't plague originate in Chinese marmots?

Recently. (2009 - 2010)

"According to provincial health authorities in China, a construction
worker has died from bubonic plague this past Tuesday."

"He was rushed to the hospital after developing a high fever and
swollen lymph glands under his left armpit."

"The health authority there says the man acquired the deadly bacterium
after hunting, cooking and eating an infected marmot."

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium, Yersinia
pestis. It is found in animals throughout the world, most commonly
rats but other rodents like ground squirrels, prairie dogs, chipmunks,
rabbits and voles. Fleas typically serve as the vector of plague.
Human cases have been linked to the domestic cats and dogs that
brought infected fleas into the house."

http://www.examiner.com/article/chinese-man-dies-from-the-bubonic-plague

(No references given for this. I imagine rare cases of the plague in
modern times may have involved dogs and cats. Not many homes have
rats running wild these days, but anything that carried and sustained
the infected flea could be suspect.)

--

Bill Graham
February 7th 13, 08:48 PM
Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:18:30 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
> > wrote:
>
>> On Feb 6, 7:54 am, Mack A. Damia > wrote:

>>> The details are not clear. It is generally accepted that the rat
>>> carried the fleas who carried the disease from Asia to Europe. And
>>> it was a certain specie of rat. You will read, "it was probably
>>> carried by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were
>>> regular passengers on merchant ships". People could spread the
>>> disease, too. Bubonic plague can progress to lethal septicemic
>>> plague in some cases. The plague is also known to spread to the
>>> lungs and become the disease known as the pneumonic plague, This
>>> form of the disease is highly communicable as the bacteria can be
>>> transmitted in droplets emitted when coughing or sneezing.
>>>
>>> I don't know if cats were susceptible to the bubonic plague. If you
>>> read accounts of the Black Death, you won't read about cats; rather,
>>> the emphasis is on rats and fleas. Regardless, whoever or whatever
>>> caught the plague didn't live very long due to poor health, famine
>>> and poor hygiene/sanitation.
>>>
>>> Accounts are still sketchy, and their are several different theories
>>> concerning the etiology of the plague. It's not even positively
>>> known if the great pandemic of 1348 -1350 was, in fact, the bubonic
>>> plague, but historical descriptions of the disease tend to support
>>> this view.
>>>
>>> According to the website I posted, cats were susceptible to certain
>>> forms of the plague, but they probably expired in a very short
>>> time. I did a lot of research into the Black Death for a paper in
>>> college many years ago, and I never came across any suggestion that
>>> cats (or dogs) were involved; it was always rats and fleas.
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Didn't plague originate in Chinese marmots?
>
> Recently. (2009 - 2010)
>
> "According to provincial health authorities in China, a construction
> worker has died from bubonic plague this past Tuesday."
>
> "He was rushed to the hospital after developing a high fever and
> swollen lymph glands under his left armpit."
>
> "The health authority there says the man acquired the deadly bacterium
> after hunting, cooking and eating an infected marmot."
>
> "Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium, Yersinia
> pestis. It is found in animals throughout the world, most commonly
> rats but other rodents like ground squirrels, prairie dogs, chipmunks,
> rabbits and voles. Fleas typically serve as the vector of plague.
> Human cases have been linked to the domestic cats and dogs that
> brought infected fleas into the house."
>
> http://www.examiner.com/article/chinese-man-dies-from-the-bubonic-plague
>
> (No references given for this. I imagine rare cases of the plague in
> modern times may have involved dogs and cats. Not many homes have
> rats running wild these days, but anything that carried and sustained
> the infected flea could be suspect.)

Rats are more common than you think. The last two homes I have owned had at
least one rat during my stay there. (not counting myself, that is) The first
I killed with a rat trap. The second one tore the High Voltage leads out of
my car to use for a nest, and the car missfired on one cylinder so I had to
bring it to the dealer who found the rats damage and repaired it. And this
in a house full of cats. When cats are well fed, they are pretty well
harmless to other animals.

Mack A. Damia
February 7th 13, 08:59 PM
On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:48:39 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
wrote:

>Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:18:30 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
>> > wrote:

>>> Didn't plague originate in Chinese marmots?
>>
>> Recently. (2009 - 2010)
>>
>> "According to provincial health authorities in China, a construction
>> worker has died from bubonic plague this past Tuesday."
>>
>> "He was rushed to the hospital after developing a high fever and
>> swollen lymph glands under his left armpit."
>>
>> "The health authority there says the man acquired the deadly bacterium
>> after hunting, cooking and eating an infected marmot."
>>
>> "Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium, Yersinia
>> pestis. It is found in animals throughout the world, most commonly
>> rats but other rodents like ground squirrels, prairie dogs, chipmunks,
>> rabbits and voles. Fleas typically serve as the vector of plague.
>> Human cases have been linked to the domestic cats and dogs that
>> brought infected fleas into the house."
>>
>> http://www.examiner.com/article/chinese-man-dies-from-the-bubonic-plague
>>
>> (No references given for this. I imagine rare cases of the plague in
>> modern times may have involved dogs and cats. Not many homes have
>> rats running wild these days, but anything that carried and sustained
>> the infected flea could be suspect.)
>
>Rats are more common than you think. The last two homes I have owned had at
>least one rat during my stay there. (not counting myself, that is) The first
>I killed with a rat trap. The second one tore the High Voltage leads out of
>my car to use for a nest, and the car missfired on one cylinder so I had to
>bring it to the dealer who found the rats damage and repaired it. And this
>in a house full of cats. When cats are well fed, they are pretty well
>harmless to other animals.

I had a rat in my living space. Saw it once or twice. Put poison down
and then I started to smell something funky. Had my workman look
around - and he found it dead under the refrigerator.

--

Jeanne Douglas
February 7th 13, 10:51 PM
Mack A. Damia > wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:18:30 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
> > wrote:
>
> >On Feb 6, 7:54*am, Mack A. Damia > wrote:

> >> The details are not clear. *It is generally accepted that the rat
> >> carried the fleas who carried the disease from Asia to Europe. *And it
> >> was a certain specie of rat. You will read, "it was probably carried
> >> by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were regular
> >> passengers on merchant ships". * People could spread the disease, too.
> >> Bubonic plague can progress to lethal septicemic plague in some cases.
> >> The plague is also known to spread to the lungs and become the disease
> >> known as the pneumonic plague, This form of the disease is highly
> >> communicable as the bacteria can be transmitted in droplets emitted
> >> when coughing or sneezing.
> >>
> >> I don't know if cats were susceptible to the bubonic plague. *If you
> >> read accounts of the Black Death, you won't read about cats; rather,
> >> the emphasis is on rats and fleas. *Regardless, whoever or whatever
> >> caught the plague didn't live very long due to poor health, famine and
> >> poor hygiene/sanitation.
> >>
> >> Accounts are still sketchy, and their are several different theories
> >> concerning the etiology of the plague. *It's not even positively known
> >> if the great pandemic of 1348 -1350 was, in fact, the bubonic plague,
> >> but historical descriptions of the disease tend to support this view.
> >>
> >> According to the website I posted, cats were susceptible to certain
> >> forms of the plague, but they probably expired in a very short time. I
> >> did a lot of research into the Black Death for a paper in college many
> >> years ago, and I never came across any suggestion that cats (or dogs)
> >> were involved; it was always rats and fleas.
> >>
> >> --
> >
> >Didn't plague originate in Chinese marmots?
>
> Recently. (2009 - 2010)
>
> "According to provincial health authorities in China, a construction
> worker has died from bubonic plague this past Tuesday."
>
> "He was rushed to the hospital after developing a high fever and
> swollen lymph glands under his left armpit."
>
> "The health authority there says the man acquired the deadly bacterium
> after hunting, cooking and eating an infected marmot."
>
> "Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium, Yersinia
> pestis. It is found in animals throughout the world, most commonly
> rats but other rodents like ground squirrels, prairie dogs, chipmunks,
> rabbits and voles. Fleas typically serve as the vector of plague.
> Human cases have been linked to the domestic cats and dogs that
> brought infected fleas into the house."
>
> http://www.examiner.com/article/chinese-man-dies-from-the-bubonic-plague
>
> (No references given for this. I imagine rare cases of the plague in
> modern times may have involved dogs and cats. Not many homes have
> rats running wild these days, but anything that carried and sustained
> the infected flea could be suspect.)

Every once in a while a case of plague shows up in California. It was
usually caused by fleas on squirrels.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Jeanne Douglas
February 7th 13, 10:55 PM
In article >,
Mack A. Damia > wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:48:39 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
> wrote:
>
> >Mack A. Damia wrote:
> >> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:18:30 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell

> >> Recently. (2009 - 2010)
> >>
> >> "According to provincial health authorities in China, a construction
> >> worker has died from bubonic plague this past Tuesday."
> >>
> >> "He was rushed to the hospital after developing a high fever and
> >> swollen lymph glands under his left armpit."
> >>
> >> "The health authority there says the man acquired the deadly bacterium
> >> after hunting, cooking and eating an infected marmot."
> >>
> >> "Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium, Yersinia
> >> pestis. It is found in animals throughout the world, most commonly
> >> rats but other rodents like ground squirrels, prairie dogs, chipmunks,
> >> rabbits and voles. Fleas typically serve as the vector of plague.
> >> Human cases have been linked to the domestic cats and dogs that
> >> brought infected fleas into the house."
> >>
> >> http://www.examiner.com/article/chinese-man-dies-from-the-bubonic-plague
> >>
> >> (No references given for this. I imagine rare cases of the plague in
> >> modern times may have involved dogs and cats. Not many homes have
> >> rats running wild these days, but anything that carried and sustained
> >> the infected flea could be suspect.)
> >
> >Rats are more common than you think. The last two homes I have owned had at
> >least one rat during my stay there. (not counting myself, that is) The first
> >I killed with a rat trap. The second one tore the High Voltage leads out of
> >my car to use for a nest, and the car missfired on one cylinder so I had to
> >bring it to the dealer who found the rats damage and repaired it. And this
> >in a house full of cats. When cats are well fed, they are pretty well
> >harmless to other animals.
>
> I had a rat in my living space. Saw it once or twice. Put poison down
> and then I started to smell something funky. Had my workman look
> around - and he found it dead under the refrigerator.

Rats are a big problem in southern California. Surprisingly, a lot of
the problem are in wealthier areas, with lots of trees, which is how the
rats gain access to homes.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Mack A. Damia
February 7th 13, 11:39 PM
On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 14:55:18 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Mack A. Damia > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:48:39 -0800, "Bill Graham" >
>> wrote:

>> >Rats are more common than you think. The last two homes I have owned had at
>> >least one rat during my stay there. (not counting myself, that is) The first
>> >I killed with a rat trap. The second one tore the High Voltage leads out of
>> >my car to use for a nest, and the car missfired on one cylinder so I had to
>> >bring it to the dealer who found the rats damage and repaired it. And this
>> >in a house full of cats. When cats are well fed, they are pretty well
>> >harmless to other animals.
>>
>> I had a rat in my living space. Saw it once or twice. Put poison down
>> and then I started to smell something funky. Had my workman look
>> around - and he found it dead under the refrigerator.
>
>Rats are a big problem in southern California. Surprisingly, a lot of
>the problem are in wealthier areas, with lots of trees, which is how the
>rats gain access to homes.

I'm in Baja, California, south of southern California. I think my
problem was that I was leaving my door open for some fresh ocean air.
My master bedroom is on the first floor and has its own small kitchen
and bathroom. I thought I saw it a couple of time but wasn't certain,
then, I was lying in bed watching TV one night, and I saw this large
furry creature grinning at me with its sharp, pointed teeth. It
scared me out of bed, but it ran away, and I couldn't find it.

I have an enclosed porch now, so it would be difficult for any to gain
access - not to forget my two cats. I didn't even have one when this
happened several years ago.

--

Bill Graham
February 7th 13, 11:41 PM
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
> In article >,
> Mack A. Damia > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:18:30 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
>> > wrote:

>>> Didn't plague originate in Chinese marmots?
>>
>> Recently. (2009 - 2010)
>>
>> "According to provincial health authorities in China, a construction
>> worker has died from bubonic plague this past Tuesday."
>>
>> "He was rushed to the hospital after developing a high fever and
>> swollen lymph glands under his left armpit."
>>
>> "The health authority there says the man acquired the deadly
>> bacterium after hunting, cooking and eating an infected marmot."
>>
>> "Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium, Yersinia
>> pestis. It is found in animals throughout the world, most commonly
>> rats but other rodents like ground squirrels, prairie dogs,
>> chipmunks, rabbits and voles. Fleas typically serve as the vector of
>> plague. Human cases have been linked to the domestic cats and dogs
>> that brought infected fleas into the house."
>>
>> http://www.examiner.com/article/chinese-man-dies-from-the-bubonic-plague
>>
>> (No references given for this. I imagine rare cases of the plague in
>> modern times may have involved dogs and cats. Not many homes have
>> rats running wild these days, but anything that carried and sustained
>> the infected flea could be suspect.)
>
> Every once in a while a case of plague shows up in California. It was
> usually caused by fleas on squirrels.

.....Or by whatever species of flea that infests liberals....:^)

Mack A. Damia
February 7th 13, 11:50 PM

"Man is condemned to fleadom."
- Jean-Paul Scratch

--

Jeanne Douglas
February 8th 13, 12:33 AM
Mack A. Damia > wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 14:55:18 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Mack A. Damia > wrote:

> >> I had a rat in my living space. Saw it once or twice. Put poison down
> >> and then I started to smell something funky. Had my workman look
> >> around - and he found it dead under the refrigerator.
> >
> >Rats are a big problem in southern California. Surprisingly, a lot of
> >the problem are in wealthier areas, with lots of trees, which is how the
> >rats gain access to homes.
>
> I'm in Baja, California, south of southern California. I think my
> problem was that I was leaving my door open for some fresh ocean air.
> My master bedroom is on the first floor and has its own small kitchen
> and bathroom. I thought I saw it a couple of time but wasn't certain,
> then, I was lying in bed watching TV one night, and I saw this large
> furry creature grinning at me with its sharp, pointed teeth. It
> scared me out of bed, but it ran away, and I couldn't find it.
>
> I have an enclosed porch now, so it would be difficult for any to gain
> access - not to forget my two cats. I didn't even have one when this
> happened several years ago.

The cats are the important factor, since rats can get through holes so
small that it would seem impossible.

The LAPD has been gathering feral cats and moving them to the areas
around police stations, which no longer have the rat problems they had
before.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Mack A. Damia
February 8th 13, 01:25 AM
On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:33:32 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Mack A. Damia > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 14:55:18 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
>> > wrote:

>> >Rats are a big problem in southern California. Surprisingly, a lot of
>> >the problem are in wealthier areas, with lots of trees, which is how the
>> >rats gain access to homes.
>>
>> I'm in Baja, California, south of southern California. I think my
>> problem was that I was leaving my door open for some fresh ocean air.
>> My master bedroom is on the first floor and has its own small kitchen
>> and bathroom. I thought I saw it a couple of time but wasn't certain,
>> then, I was lying in bed watching TV one night, and I saw this large
>> furry creature grinning at me with its sharp, pointed teeth. It
>> scared me out of bed, but it ran away, and I couldn't find it.
>>
>> I have an enclosed porch now, so it would be difficult for any to gain
>> access - not to forget my two cats. I didn't even have one when this
>> happened several years ago.
>
>The cats are the important factor, since rats can get through holes so
>small that it would seem impossible.

I don't have a lot of experience with these matters; however the beast
I saw was fairly large, and then I saw it dead under my refrigerator.
I know mice can get through unbelieveably small holes, but I think
this one strolled through the open door.

--

Jeanne Douglas
February 8th 13, 02:16 AM

Definitely wouldn't be surprised.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

walsingham
February 17th 13, 03:38 AM
J > wrote in
:

> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
can't
> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without
these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>

> http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cats-eradicated-as-pets-in-new-zealand/
#W6Ym
> Mu6caVFv36LB.99
>

> (STUFF) — Some scientists are backing Gareth Morgan’s campaign to
> control cats in order to protect native species, but say more also
> needs to be done to counter other predators.
>
> Morgan, a philanthropist and economist, launched the Cats to Go
> website yesterday, which calls for the eradication of the “friendly
> neighborhood serial killer”.
>
> Killing cats was an option, but cat owners should also control their
> pets in order to protect native species, the website said.
>
> University of Otago senior lecturer in zoology, Dr Yolanda van
Heezik,
> supported Morgan’s campaign, saying his proposals were reasonable and
> would prove effective.
>
> “Consider using a collar with a bell: our research has shown they
> reduced catch by 50 per cent,” van Heezik said.
>

> J Young

A troll in masturbatory action one presumes! If you wish to put your
'homo......(i.e. weaklings etc)blather to the test, put your correct
name and address here and I'll send you MY contact place and we can
meet, which will give me the opportunity to clear your clogged excuse
for a mind! BTW, your mother says you are not much use in bed!
wham
from Hereford

walsingham
February 17th 13, 04:32 AM
J > wrote in
:

> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
can't
> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without
these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>

> http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cats-eradicated-as-pets-in-new-zealand/
#W6Ym
> Mu6caVFv36LB.99
>

> (STUFF) — Some scientists are backing Gareth Morgan’s campaign to
> control cats in order to protect native species, but say more also
> needs to be done to counter other predators.
>
> Morgan, a philanthropist and economist, launched the Cats to Go
> website yesterday, which calls for the eradication of the “friendly
> neighborhood serial killer”.
>
> Killing cats was an option, but cat owners should also control their
> pets in order to protect native species, the website said.
>
> University of Otago senior lecturer in zoology, Dr Yolanda van
Heezik,
> supported Morgan’s campaign, saying his proposals were reasonable and
> would prove effective.
>
> “Consider using a collar with a bell: our research has shown they
> reduced catch by 50 per cent,” van Heezik said.
>

> J Young

'Humans eradicated in New Zealand'.

Humans are basically narcissistic killers, that have exterminated
thousands of species which, 'got in their way'!
The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
> hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Some scientists are backing Obe One Kenobi’s campaign to
> control humans in order to protect native species, but say more also
> needs to be done to counter other predators, such as Martians, Pink
Heffalumps and Little Green Men with Bad Wigs.

> Moron, an egoist and moneygrubber, launched the Creatures to Go
> website yesterday, which calls for the eradication of the “anything I
don't like”.

Killing everything was an option, but gun owners should also control
their
> egos' in order to preserve ammo, the website said.(What timbre of
voice did the 'website', have??)

> University of Whale-burger-to-go senior lecturer in Dalekology, Dr
Idi White Hunter,
> supported Moron’s campaign, saying his proposals were exiting and
> would prove more effective than Viagra.
>
> “Consider using a collar with a bell: our research has shown they
> reduced my crotch by 50 per cent,” White Hunter said.

I think you should buy a new toupe, jd. You never can be sure who is
around that corner!!!!!

wham

J[_3_]
February 17th 13, 04:46 AM
On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 03:38:20 GMT, walsingham

:

>> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
>can't
>> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without
>these
>> hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>>

>A troll in masturbatory action one presumes! If you wish to put your
>'homo......(i.e. weaklings etc)blather to the test, put your correct
>name and address here and I'll send you MY contact place and we can
>meet, which will give me the opportunity to clear your clogged excuse
>for a mind! BTW, your mother says you are not much use in bed!

Point proved. Male cat lovers are predominantly homos

>wham
>from Hereford
J Young

Jeanne Douglas
February 17th 13, 05:31 AM
In article >,
J > wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 03:38:20 GMT, walsingham
> > wrote:
>
> >J > wrote in
> :
> >

> >> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
> >can't
> >> find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without
> >these
> >> hideous creatures. Good riddance!
> >>

> >A troll in masturbatory action one presumes! If you wish to put your
> >'homo......(i.e. weaklings etc)blather to the test, put your correct
> >name and address here and I'll send you MY contact place and we can
> >meet, which will give me the opportunity to clear your clogged excuse
> >for a mind! BTW, your mother says you are not much use in bed!
>

> Point proved. Male cat lovers are predominantly homos

Why do you think something so silly?

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

J[_3_]
February 17th 13, 09:05 PM
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:31:07 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
> wrote:

>In article >,
> J > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 03:38:20 GMT, walsingham
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >J > wrote in
>> :

>> >can't
>> >these
>> >>

>> >A troll in masturbatory action one presumes! If you wish to put your
>> >'homo......(i.e. weaklings etc)blather to the test, put your correct
>> >name and address here and I'll send you MY contact place and we can
>> >meet, which will give me the opportunity to clear your clogged excuse
>> >for a mind! BTW, your mother says you are not much use in bed!
>>

>> Point proved. Male cat lovers are predominantly homos
>
>Why do you think something so silly?

Who else but a 'flame' would post a message like that?

J Young

Jeanne Douglas
February 17th 13, 09:31 PM
In article >,
J > wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:31:07 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > J > wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 03:38:20 GMT, walsingham

> >> :

> >> Point proved. Male cat lovers are predominantly homos
> >
> >Why do you think something so silly?
>

> Who else but a 'flame' would post a message like that?

Deflection noted. Deflection rejected.

Answer my question.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Mack A. Damia
February 17th 13, 09:47 PM
On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 13:31:22 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
> wrote:

>In article >,
> J > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:31:07 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
>> > wrote:

>> >Why do you think something so silly?
>>

>> Who else but a 'flame' would post a message like that?
>
>Deflection noted. Deflection rejected.
>
>Answer my question.

\|||/
(o o)
,--oo0--------------.
| Please |
| Do Not Feed |
| The TROLLs |
'--------------oo0---'
|__| |__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

--

Bill Graham
February 17th 13, 10:15 PM
His Higness the Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> On Jan 23, 1:28 am, J > wrote:
>> Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
>> can't find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine
>> without these hideous creatures. Good riddance!
>>
>> http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cats-eradicated-as-pets-in-new-zealand/#W6...
>>
>> (STUFF) Some scientists are backing Gareth Morgan s campaign to
>> control cats in order to protect native species, but say more also
>> needs to be done to counter other predators.
>>
>> Morgan, a philanthropist and economist, launched the Cats to Go
>> website yesterday, which calls for the eradication of the friendly
>> neighborhood serial killer .
>>
>> Killing cats was an option, but cat owners should also control their
>> pets in order to protect native species, the website said.
>>
>> University of Otago senior lecturer in zoology, Dr Yolanda van
>> Heezik, supported Morgan s campaign, saying his proposals were
>> reasonable and would prove effective.
>>
>> Consider using a collar with a bell: our research has shown they
>> reduced catch by 50 per cent, van Heezik said.
>>
>> J Young
>>

> My community is full of ****, that's dog **** and cat ****, and nobody
> gives a ****.
>
> We should blame the owners for the dogs, but the stray cats should
> really be removed.
>
> (Miami Beach)

Pet cats (and dogs) seldom kill anything. The ones who do the killing are
feral, when they are hungry. Pets are well fed. My five cats seldom kill
anything. They even brought a chipmonk into the house last Winter, and it
lived under our stove until Spring, when we left the sliding glass door open
and it, "escaped". Of course, we fed it swuirrl food and water all Winter.
But the cats didn;t even try to kill it. As soon as we fed it, they accepted
it as a pet and left it alone. Well fed cats don't kill.

Free Lunch
February 17th 13, 10:25 PM
On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 13:05:11 -0800, J > wrote in
alt.atheism:

>On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:31:07 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
> wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> J > wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 03:38:20 GMT, walsingham

>>> :

>>> Point proved. Male cat lovers are predominantly homos
>>
>>Why do you think something so silly?
>

>Who else but a 'flame' would post a message like that?

I very much doubt that she is an old flame of yours.

Bill Graham
February 17th 13, 10:29 PM
> His Higness the Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
>> On Jan 23, 1:28 am, J > wrote:
The rest of the world will survive just fine
>>> without these hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Hideous? Of all the creatures on earth, by far the most beautiful to watch
in movement are the cats. They are the most graceful and strong creatures I
know. they can jump, walk with their back feet placed in exactly the same
spot as their front, Balance on a thin rail hundreds of feet over the street
or canyon bottom without fear, and move so quietly that nothing can hear
them. I never tire of watching them. If you want, "hideous", try befriending
a cockroach.......