PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Toy

Mack A. Damia
January 27th 13, 09:36 PM
Bubba Boo Boo Baby has a silly looking mouse with four stringy legs
that she carries in her mouth. I have tried to get a photo, because
she looks so funny.

Anybody know why she would drop it in her water bowl? She shares it
with the older cat, Pookie. She's done it several times now.

Also, Bubba lays on my chest when I am lying down and purrs like a
motor. As I stroke her, she will roll over on her back and stretch
herself out to let me scratch her belly. At times she will visciously
attack my hand and arm and bite me, purring even louder - she will
have a go with her back feet on my hand and arm as cats commonly do in
those circumstances, but as was discussed in another thread, she is
only showing her love for me in her own way.

--

Bill Graham
January 28th 13, 12:53 AM
Mack A. Damia wrote:
> Bubba Boo Boo Baby has a silly looking mouse with four stringy legs
> that she carries in her mouth. I have tried to get a photo, because
> she looks so funny.
>
> Anybody know why she would drop it in her water bowl?

It enhances the smell.... Cats will frequently wet their stuff to make it
smell stronger. Their noses aren't as good as are dogs. (but they sure have
good hearing)

Bill Graham
February 5th 13, 08:13 AM
IBen Getiner wrote:

Just remember that I warned you when those bright red
> streaks start running up your leg from the puncture points in your
> foot.

No problem. A few thousand units of penicillan will stop those red streaks
in a hurry. It happened to me way back in the 50's when I cut my foot on a
piece of glass in the Yosemite river and walked back up the horse path to
camp. Fortunately, penicillin was invented before then.