PDA

View Full Version : Bravo raw food recall

buglady[_2_]
April 4th 13, 12:53 PM
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm346496.htm?source=govdelivery

April 3, 2013 - Bravo! is voluntarily recalling three of its raw diet
frozen foods for dogs and cats: 5 lb tubes of Bravo! Chicken Balance
product item code 21-405 with "best used by" dates of 3_6_15 and
3_12_15; 2 lb Bravo! Chicken Blend product item code 21-102 with the
"best used by" date of 3_21_15 and 5 lb. bags of Bravo! Beef Blend
Burgers product item code 51-508 with the "best used by" dates of
3_21_15 and 3_22_15, because they have the potential to be contaminated
with Salmonella.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Bill Graham
April 5th 13, 01:33 AM
buglady wrote:
> http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm346496.htm?source=govdelivery
>
> April 3, 2013 - Bravo! is voluntarily recalling three of its raw diet
> frozen foods for dogs and cats: 5 lb tubes of Bravo! Chicken Balance
> product item code 21-405 with "best used by" dates of 3_6_15 and
> 3_12_15; 2 lb Bravo! Chicken Blend product item code 21-102 with the
> "best used by" date of 3_21_15 and 5 lb. bags of Bravo! Beef Blend
> Burgers product item code 51-508 with the "best used by" dates of
> 3_21_15 and 3_22_15, because they have the potential to be
> contaminated with Salmonella.

All foods, including people food, have the potential to be infected with
salmonella. The government should be inspecting the food processing plants
to prevent these infections. If they don't do their job, errrrr.... so what
else is new?

Bill Graham
April 5th 13, 03:12 AM
Bill Graham wrote:
> buglady wrote:
>> http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm346496.htm?source=govdelivery
>>
>> April 3, 2013 - Bravo! is voluntarily recalling three of its raw diet
>> frozen foods for dogs and cats: 5 lb tubes of Bravo! Chicken Balance
>> product item code 21-405 with "best used by" dates of 3_6_15 and
>> 3_12_15; 2 lb Bravo! Chicken Blend product item code 21-102 with the
>> "best used by" date of 3_21_15 and 5 lb. bags of Bravo! Beef Blend
>> Burgers product item code 51-508 with the "best used by" dates of
>> 3_21_15 and 3_22_15, because they have the potential to be
>> contaminated with Salmonella.
>>
> All foods, including people food, have the potential to be infected
> with salmonella. The government should be inspecting the food
> processing plants to prevent these infections. If they don't do their
> job, errrrr.... so what else is new?

Dogs and cats, in spite of their loyalty and love for us are considered to
be second class citizens. Cats can't get CAT scans, and pets can't get PET
scans. So these wonderful companions are treated with minimal medical
expertise and services, and die from many simple to cure conditions on a
regular basis. Bad food is just one of many things they have to put up with.

MaryL[_2_]
April 5th 13, 11:51 AM
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

Bill Graham wrote:
> buglady wrote:
>> http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm346496.htm?source=govdelivery
>>
>> April 3, 2013 - Bravo! is voluntarily recalling three of its raw diet
>> frozen foods for dogs and cats: 5 lb tubes of Bravo! Chicken Balance
>> product item code 21-405 with "best used by" dates of 3_6_15 and
>> 3_12_15; 2 lb Bravo! Chicken Blend product item code 21-102 with the
>> "best used by" date of 3_21_15 and 5 lb. bags of Bravo! Beef Blend
>> Burgers product item code 51-508 with the "best used by" dates of
>> 3_21_15 and 3_22_15, because they have the potential to be
>> contaminated with Salmonella.
>>
> All foods, including people food, have the potential to be infected
> with salmonella. The government should be inspecting the food
> processing plants to prevent these infections. If they don't do their
> job, errrrr.... so what else is new?

Dogs and cats, in spite of their loyalty and love for us are considered to
be second class citizens. Cats can't get CAT scans, and pets can't get PET
scans. So these wonderful companions are treated with minimal medical
expertise and services, and die from many simple to cure conditions on a
regular basis. Bad food is just one of many things they have to put up with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Actually, we do have tests such as CT scans and MRI for cats. However, they
are very expensive and availability varies by location.
http://www.pets.ca/dogs/articles/cat-scans-and-mris/

MaryL

Bill Graham
April 5th 13, 11:42 PM
MaryL wrote:
> "Bill Graham" wrote in message
>
> Bill Graham wrote:
>> buglady wrote:
>>> http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm346496.htm?source=govdelivery
>>>
>>> April 3, 2013 - Bravo! is voluntarily recalling three of its raw
>>> diet frozen foods for dogs and cats: 5 lb tubes of Bravo! Chicken
>>> Balance product item code 21-405 with "best used by" dates of
>>> 3_6_15 and 3_12_15; 2 lb Bravo! Chicken Blend product item code
>>> 21-102 with the "best used by" date of 3_21_15 and 5 lb. bags of
>>> Bravo! Beef Blend Burgers product item code 51-508 with the "best
>>> used by" dates of 3_21_15 and 3_22_15, because they have the
>>> potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
>>>
>> All foods, including people food, have the potential to be infected
>> with salmonella. The government should be inspecting the food
>> processing plants to prevent these infections. If they don't do their
>> job, errrrr.... so what else is new?
>
> Dogs and cats, in spite of their loyalty and love for us are
> considered to be second class citizens. Cats can't get CAT scans, and
> pets can't get PET scans. So these wonderful companions are treated
> with minimal medical expertise and services, and die from many simple
> to cure conditions on a regular basis. Bad food is just one of many
> things they have to put up with.
> Actually, we do have tests such as CT scans and MRI for cats. However,
> they are very expensive and availability varies by location.
> http://www.pets.ca/dogs/articles/cat-scans-and-mris/
>
> MaryL

Yes. I'm afraid that the new medical plans will tke these away for even us
old geezer's, much less for the pets. but, we'll see what transpires.... I
don't have a lot of hope for our furry friends, however.....