PDA

View Full Version : My recent rescue loves the outside sounds (from a baby monitor)

John Doe
July 22nd 13, 08:38 PM
One fairly easy way to bring the outside sounds in is to use a baby
monitor (room monitor) and put the baby unit outside. Also, if the
parent unit is connected to a better speaker, that helps.

I've always somehow known that my cats enjoy listening to the outside
sounds. My most recent rescue is obvious about it. I keep the speaker
on the floor. She frequently lies with her head resting against the
speaker. Even when the volume is louder than you might think
comfortable, she's got her head right there, relaxing. And it's not
just one place, the speaker is moved around.

It's obvious now.

Bill Graham
July 24th 13, 08:00 PM
John Doe wrote:
> One fairly easy way to bring the outside sounds in is to use a baby
> monitor (room monitor) and put the baby unit outside. Also, if the
> parent unit is connected to a better speaker, that helps.
>
> I've always somehow known that my cats enjoy listening to the outside
> sounds. My most recent rescue is obvious about it. I keep the speaker
> on the floor. She frequently lies with her head resting against the
> speaker. Even when the volume is louder than you might think
> comfortable, she's got her head right there, relaxing. And it's not
> just one place, the speaker is moved around.
>
> It's obvious now

My cats pay absolutely to any type of canned sound. From the TV, Hi Fi, or
anything else. Unless its real time and alive without any electronic
processing, they act as if it is not there at all..

John Doe
July 24th 13, 08:30 PM
As any very experienced, thoughtful, and observant cat manager
should know... Cats pay much attention to things often times
without letting on that they're doing so. And the idea that any
electronic processing spoils the sound for all cats is obviously
silly.

--
"Bill Graham" <weg9 comcast.net> wrote:

> Path: eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!feeder02.blueworldhosting.com!usenet .blueworldhosting.com!feeder01.blueworldhosting.co m!border4.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca.g iganews.com!border3.nntp.dca.giganews.com!Xl.tags. giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.gi ganews.com!local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!news.gigan ews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
> From: "Bill Graham" <weg9 comcast.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: My recent rescue loves the outside sounds (from a baby monitor)
> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:00:52 -0700
>
> John Doe wrote:
>> One fairly easy way to bring the outside sounds in is to use a baby
>> monitor (room monitor) and put the baby unit outside. Also, if the
>> parent unit is connected to a better speaker, that helps.
>>
>> I've always somehow known that my cats enjoy listening to the outside
>> sounds. My most recent rescue is obvious about it. I keep the speaker
>> on the floor. She frequently lies with her head resting against the
>> speaker. Even when the volume is louder than you might think
>> comfortable, she's got her head right there, relaxing. And it's not
>> just one place, the speaker is moved around.
>>
>> It's obvious now
>
> My cats pay absolutely to any type of canned sound. From the TV, Hi Fi, or
> anything else. Unless its real time and alive without any electronic
> processing, they act as if it is not there at all..

Bill Graham
July 24th 13, 09:28 PM
John Doe wrote:
> As any very experienced, thoughtful, and observant cat manager
> should know... Cats pay much attention to things often times
> without letting on that they're doing so. And the idea that any
> electronic processing spoils the sound for all cats is obviously
> silly.

>> From: "Bill Graham" <weg9 comcast.net>
>> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>> Subject: Re: My recent rescue loves the outside sounds (from a baby
>> monitor)
>> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:00:52 -0700
>>
>> John Doe wrote:
>>> One fairly easy way to bring the outside sounds in is to use a baby
>>> monitor (room monitor) and put the baby unit outside. Also, if the
>>> parent unit is connected to a better speaker, that helps.
>>>
>>> I've always somehow known that my cats enjoy listening to the
>>> outside sounds. My most recent rescue is obvious about it. I keep
>>> the speaker on the floor. She frequently lies with her head resting
>>> against the speaker. Even when the volume is louder than you might
>>> think comfortable, she's got her head right there, relaxing. And
>>> it's not just one place, the speaker is moved around.
>>>
>>> It's obvious now
>>
>> My cats pay absolutely to any type of canned sound. From the TV, Hi
>> Fi, or
>> anything else. Unless its real time and alive without any electronic
>> processing, they act as if it is not there at all..

I didn't say it, "Spoiled the sound". I said they pay no attention to it. I
also specified my own cats. I believe they can hear so well that they know
immediately that it is not live, and so they throw it into the same
calssification that all such sounds belong in. The TV and etcetra.... Just
useless background noise that we humans are fond of having on all the
time....:^)

John Doe
July 24th 13, 10:34 PM
Sounds like an excuse...