PDA

View Full Version : compressed/canned air

John Doe
September 19th 13, 03:17 AM
Another very strong deterrent, used responsibly of course.

Not suggesting there are many (if any) good uses, just that it
makes a serious impression.

Robb Scott
September 24th 13, 11:58 PM
In article >,
John Doe > wrote:

> Another very strong deterrent, used responsibly of course.
>
> Not suggesting there are many (if any) good uses, just that it
> makes a serious impression.

I would worry about the eyes with compressed air. A simple spray bottle
(loaded with water, or maybe sulfuric acid) is probably safer.

I once had a squirt gun with bits of plastic in it that made it rattle
when shaken. After a couple of, ummm, incidents, it turned out that I
just had to shake it once to get the cat's attention, no shots required

Yeah, sulfuric acid might be a bit harsh...

John Doe
September 25th 13, 12:28 AM
Robb Scott <robbscott comcast.net> wrote:

> John Doe <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Another very strong deterrent, used responsibly of course.
>>
>> Not suggesting there are many (if any) good uses, just that it
>> makes a serious impression.

> A simple spray bottle (loaded with water,

If you don't mind spraying water all over the place.

> or maybe sulfuric acid) is probably safer.

That is clearly dangerous.

> I once had a squirt gun with bits of plastic in it that made it
> rattle when shaken. After a couple of, ummm, incidents, it
> turned out that I just had to shake it once to get the cat's
> attention, no shots required

That's the way it is with everything that's very effective, but it
requires occasional refreshing.

> Yeah, sulfuric acid might be a bit harsh...

You're trying to say that you were kidding, right?

--
> From: Robb Scott <robbscott comcast.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: compressed/canned air
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:58:28 -0400

Bill Graham
September 25th 13, 07:30 AM
Robb Scott wrote:
> In article >,
> John Doe > wrote:
>
>> Another very strong deterrent, used responsibly of course.
>>
>> Not suggesting there are many (if any) good uses, just that it
>> makes a serious impression.
>
> I would worry about the eyes with compressed air. A simple spray
> bottle (loaded with water, or maybe sulfuric acid) is probably safer.
>
> I once had a squirt gun with bits of plastic in it that made it rattle
> when shaken. After a couple of, ummm, incidents, it turned out that I
> just had to shake it once to get the cat's attention, no shots
> required
>
> Yeah, sulfuric acid might be a bit harsh...

Sulfuric acid is car battery acid. Its horrific stuff. Totally incompatible
with life. Your stomache acid is hydracloric acid. About 10%, and its bad
enough. Stay away from sulfuric acid.

Robb Scott
September 25th 13, 02:10 PM
In article >,
John Doe > wrote:

> You're trying to say that you were kidding, right?

(:-)

IBen Getiner[_3_]
November 19th 13, 10:26 AM
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:17:45 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
> Another very strong deterrent, used responsibly of course.
>

> Not suggesting there are many (if any) good uses, just that it
>
> makes a serious impression.

Yes... It only has to be used in action once. The rest of the time all one has to do is to show it.

IBen Getiner