PDA

View Full Version : Seven week old kitten's using 100+ quart Sterilite box for litter box

John Doe
September 23rd 13, 09:35 PM
The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they already
prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter box. I was
using one of those grocery store style maroon litter boxes (Hartz I
guess). Had to clean the sides every few days. I guess that proves it
stays clean not because of the litter I'm using. If there is a next
time for raising kittens, I'll look for a Sterilite (polyethylene)
box, the shiny smooth clear type, with low sides. I don't know what
sort of plastic they use for ordinary litter boxes, but apparently
it's not polyethylene. I haven't tried any of the colored Sterilite
boxes. Just can't beat the thing staying clean.

Kelly Greene[_7_]
September 27th 13, 07:02 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they already
> prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter box....

These are what we use for our 4 cats. No more urinating over the sides
among other things. :)

John Doe
September 27th 13, 05:18 PM
"Kelly Greene" <KellyGreen thisisfake.com> wrote:

> "John Doe" <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote

>> The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they
>> already prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter
>> box....
>
> These are what we use for our 4 cats. No more urinating over
> the sides among other things. :)

The clear Sterilite boxes with shiny smooth sides are
self-cleaning, too. That is just amazing IMO. There is an
extremely fine coat of dust, but that's it. Nothing else stays
stuck to the sides.

Bill Graham
September 29th 13, 05:50 AM
Kelly Greene wrote:
> "John Doe" > wrote in message
>> The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they already
>> prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter box....
>
> These are what we use for our 4 cats. No more urinating over the
> sides among other things. :)

If they are like my four, you want to place lots of stuff in the box that
the cats think will be destroyed by urin, too. - You have to sucker them to
go in the box to begin with......

Kelley Greene
October 16th 13, 10:41 AM
"Bill Graham" > wrote in message
> Kelly Greene wrote:
>> "John Doe" > wrote in message
>>> The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they already
>>> prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter box....
>>
>> These are what we use for our 4 cats. No more urinating over the
>> sides among other things. :)
>
> If they are like my four, you want to place lots of stuff in the box that
> the cats think will be destroyed by urin, too. - You have to sucker them
> to go in the box to begin with......

My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them and
placed them where they're old letterboxes were. :)

buglady[_2_]
October 16th 13, 05:23 PM
On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:

> My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them and
> placed them where they're old letterboxes were. :)

................Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get! <snicker>

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Bill Graham
October 16th 13, 07:37 PM
buglady wrote:
> On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:
>
>> My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them
>> and placed them where they're old letterboxes were. :)
>
> ...............Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get!
> <snicker>
>
> buglady
> take out the dog before replyingMy cats use letters....

All I need to replace the litter is a paper shredder......

IBen Getiner[_3_]
November 22nd 13, 08:20 AM
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:37:24 PM UTC-4, Bill Graham wrote:
> buglady wrote:
>
> > On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:
>

> >> My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them
>
> >> and placed them where they're old letterboxes were. :)
>

> > ...............Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get!
>
> > <snicker>
>

> > buglady
>
> > take out the dog before replyingMy cats use letters....
>

> All I need to replace the litter is a paper shredder......

Stinks like **** though, don't it? Or are you also the owner of an inside dog? Most of them are litter-browsers and will make short order of any kat droppings in a micro-second.

IBen Getiner

MaryL[_2_]
November 23rd 13, 06:57 PM

buglady wrote:
> On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:
>
>> My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them
>> and placed them where they're old letterboxes were. :)
>
> ...............Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get! <snicker>
> buglady
> take out the dog before replyingMy cats use letters....

All I need to replace the litter is a paper shredder......

~~~~~~~~
I took care of friends' indoor cats for two weeks while they were on
vacation. They have several cats and use shredded paper instead of litter.
The stench inside that house was almost unbearable. Shredded paper does not
eliminate odor!

MaryL

Bill Graham
November 24th 13, 08:23 PM
MaryL wrote:
> "Bill Graham" wrote in message
>
> buglady wrote:
>> On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:
>>
>>> My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them
>>> and placed them where they're old letterboxes were. :)
>>
>> ...............Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get!
>> <snicker> buglady
>> take out the dog before replyingMy cats use letters....
>
> All I need to replace the litter is a paper shredder......
>
> ~~~~~~~~
> I took care of friends' indoor cats for two weeks while they were on
> vacation. They have several cats and use shredded paper instead of
> litter. The stench inside that house was almost unbearable. Shredded
> paper does not eliminate odor!
>
> MaryL

If you used the New York Times, it would smell about the same whether yiou
haqd any cats or not.....:^)