PDA

View Full Version : Wellness not as good as it used to be?

October 15th 13, 05:01 PM
My local pet store owner told me that Wellness is no longer the high quality food that it used to be. He said the company was sold a few years ago. Apparently they began selling Wellness in the large chains after the sale (PetCo, PetSmart, etc.) and the quality went down. He recommended a brand called Fromm, which I'm not familiar with.

Does anyone know if this is true about the lower quality of Wellness? I have so much trouble finding something my cat likes. I finally found that she loves the Wellness Signature with the skipjack tuna. I still can't find a dry food she likes other than Science Diet Light. I know that's definitely not the healthies food but she simply won't eat the others. She needs some dry so I can leave it out all the time, otherwise she doesn't eat enough.

reilloc
October 15th 13, 11:58 PM
On 10/15/2013 11:01 AM, wrote:
> My local pet store owner told me that Wellness is no longer the high quality food that it used to be. He said the company was sold a few years ago. Apparently they began selling Wellness in the large chains after the sale (PetCo, PetSmart, etc.) and the quality went down. He recommended a brand called Fromm, which I'm not familiar with.
>
> Does anyone know if this is true about the lower quality of Wellness? I have so much trouble finding something my cat likes. I finally found that she loves the Wellness Signature with the skipjack tuna. I still can't find a dry food she likes other than Science Diet Light. I know that's definitely not the healthies food but she simply won't eat the others. She needs some dry so I can leave it out all the time, otherwise she doesn't eat enough.

She doesn't eat enough to...what?

LNC

buglady[_2_]
October 16th 13, 05:27 PM
On 10/15/2013 12:01 PM, wrote:
> My local pet store owner told me that Wellness is no longer the high quality food that it used to be.
> Does anyone know if this is true about the lower quality of Wellness? I have so much trouble finding something my cat likes.

> I finally found that she loves the Wellness Signature with the skipjack tuna. I still can't find a dry food she likes

...............Don't know about Wellness changing. REally, any food can
change and there can be a lag in change in the label - 6 months.
............I'd quit feeding dry food. Offer canned food 3 times a day.
Doesn't eat it? Pick it up and put away. When you leave dry out all
the time your cat doesn't have much of an appetite as she's always
snacking. Sort of like humans grazing on chips and pop all day then not
being hungry for supper.

Tough it out. As long as your cat is eating something they're not in
danger of getting hepatic lipidosis like they might if they're on a
hunger strike.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

October 16th 13, 10:41 PM
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:27:45 PM UTC-4, buglady wrote:
> On 10/15/2013 12:01 PM,
>
> > My local pet store owner told me that Wellness is no longer the high quality food that it used to be.
>
> > Does anyone know if this is true about the lower quality of Wellness? I have so much trouble finding something my cat likes.
>

> > I finally found that she loves the Wellness Signature with the skipjack tuna. I still can't find a dry food she likes
>

> ..............Don't know about Wellness changing. REally, any food can
>
> change and there can be a lag in change in the label - 6 months.
>
> ...........I'd quit feeding dry food. Offer canned food 3 times a day.
>
> Doesn't eat it? Pick it up and put away. When you leave dry out all
>
> the time your cat doesn't have much of an appetite as she's always
>
> snacking. Sort of like humans grazing on chips and pop all day then not
>
> being hungry for supper.
>

> Tough it out. As long as your cat is eating something they're not in
>
> danger of getting hepatic lipidosis like they might if they're on a
>
> hunger strike.
>

> buglady
>
> take out the dog before replying

You might be right but honestly I can't afford feeding only wet food. I decided to try and give the best quality food that I could. I use the dry for regular eating and the wet as a treat.

Actually I have two cats. One will eat anything so I'm not worried about her. It's my little girl (weighs about 6 lbs) that concerns me. She is very fussy. Drives me nuts.

Bill Graham
October 16th 13, 11:07 PM
wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:27:45 PM UTC-4, buglady wrote:
>> On 10/15/2013 12:01 PM,
>>
>>> My local pet store owner told me that Wellness is no longer the
>>> high quality food that it used to be.
>>
>>> Does anyone know if this is true about the lower quality of
>>> Wellness? I have so much trouble finding something my cat likes.
>>

>>> I finally found that she loves the Wellness Signature with the
>>> skipjack tuna. I still can't find a dry food she likes
>>

>> ..............Don't know about Wellness changing. REally, any food
>> can
>>
>> change and there can be a lag in change in the label - 6 months.
>>
>> ...........I'd quit feeding dry food. Offer canned food 3 times a
>> day.
>>
>> Doesn't eat it? Pick it up and put away. When you leave dry out
>> all
>>
>> the time your cat doesn't have much of an appetite as she's always
>>
>> snacking. Sort of like humans grazing on chips and pop all day then
>> not
>>
>> being hungry for supper.
>>

>> Tough it out. As long as your cat is eating something they're not in
>>
>> danger of getting hepatic lipidosis like they might if they're on a
>>
>> hunger strike.
>>

>> buglady
>>
>> take out the dog before replying
>
> You might be right but honestly I can't afford feeding only wet food.
> I decided to try and give the best quality food that I could. I use
> the dry for regular eating and the wet as a treat.
>
> Actually I have two cats. One will eat anything so I'm not worried
> about her. It's my little girl (weighs about 6 lbs) that concerns
> me. She is very fussy. Drives me nuts.

Try roast chicken. Its cheap, and you can pull it from the oven before its
too well done, cut out what the cats will eat, and then stick it back in and
finish cooking it for you and your wife.

Bill Graham
October 20th 13, 07:24 PM
Bill Graham wrote:
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:27:45 PM UTC-4, buglady wrote:
>>> On 10/15/2013 12:01 PM,

>>> ..............Don't know about Wellness changing. REally, any food
>>> can
>>>
>>> change and there can be a lag in change in the label - 6 months.
>>>
>>> ...........I'd quit feeding dry food. Offer canned food 3 times a
>>> day.
>>>
>>> Doesn't eat it? Pick it up and put away. When you leave dry out
>>> all
>>>
>>> the time your cat doesn't have much of an appetite as she's always
>>>
>>> snacking. Sort of like humans grazing on chips and pop all day then
>>> not
>>>
>>> being hungry for supper.
>>>

>>> Tough it out. As long as your cat is eating something they're not
>>> in danger of getting hepatic lipidosis like they might if they're on a
>>>
>>> hunger strike.
>>>

>>> buglady
>>>
>>> take out the dog before replying
>>
>> You might be right but honestly I can't afford feeding only wet food.
>> I decided to try and give the best quality food that I could. I use
>> the dry for regular eating and the wet as a treat.
>>
>> Actually I have two cats. One will eat anything so I'm not worried
>> about her. It's my little girl (weighs about 6 lbs) that concerns
>> me. She is very fussy. Drives me nuts.
>
> Try roast chicken. Its cheap, and you can pull it from the oven
> before its too well done, cut out what the cats will eat, and then
> stick it back in and finish cooking it for you and your wife.

No matter how, "High quality" a restaurant is, I would hate to have to eat
there for the rest of my life. I think one should give their cats the same
consideration.......