PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy cat food online? (in USA, not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon)

John Doe
November 1st 13, 08:35 PM
Any suggestions for where to buy cat food online? In the USA, but
not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon.

Thanks.

If you want to know why, I want some options. Petco is cheap, but
their packaging is horrible. They throw cat food in an oversized box
with no packing material. Last 16 pound bag required patching the box
during shipment, apparently it burst. Except for that, it's great.
Maybe they should put cat food in a more appropriate size smaller
box.

buglady[_2_]
November 2nd 13, 10:23 AM
On 11/1/2013 4:35 PM, John Doe wrote:
> Any suggestions for where to buy cat food online? In the USA, but
> not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon.

I've used www.petfooddirect.com in the past. Never had a problem with them.

There's one called petflow but I know nothing about it.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

MaryL[_2_]
November 2nd 13, 12:09 PM
"John Doe" wrote in message ...

Any suggestions for where to buy cat food online? In the USA, but
not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon.

Thanks.

If you want to know why, I want some options. Petco is cheap, but
their packaging is horrible. They throw cat food in an oversized box
with no packing material. Last 16 pound bag required patching the box
during shipment, apparently it burst. Except for that, it's great.
Maybe they should put cat food in a more appropriate size smaller
box.

~~~~~
I like Chewy.com. They have free shipping for orders over $49.00, and they
ship very quickly. Everything is always well-packed.
<http://www.chewy.com/> I sometimes buy Halo's chicken Liv-A-Littles from
this source. Duffy loves it and practically inhales it. It looks about as
appetizing as pieces of styrofoam to me, but it is actually 100%
freeze-dried chicken. It needs to be refrigerated after opening.

I have also had good luck with PetFoodDirect. I registered for their
mailing list, and I always wait for a good discount via email before
ordering from them. <http://www.petfooddirect.com/>

Both of them offer a 15% discount if you subscribe to automatic ordering,
but I have never done that. My sister does that with PetFoodDirect, and she
has been satisfied.

Amazon.com also has some catfood. They often ship free of charge, but you
have to read the information carefully. Ironically, I often find after it
arrives that it has been shipped by PetFoodDirect.

MaryL

Bill Graham
November 3rd 13, 08:01 AM
buglady wrote:
> On 11/1/2013 4:35 PM, John Doe wrote:
>> Any suggestions for where to buy cat food online? In the USA, but
>> not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon.
>
> I've used www.petfooddirect.com in the past. Never had a problem
> with them.
> There's one called petflow but I know nothing about it.
>
> buglady
> take out the dog before replying

My four cats have stopped eating kibbles since about two months ago. My
wife's daughter down in San Jose says her cats have also stopped eating dry
food. Do you suppose these cats know something we don't?

John Doe
November 3rd 13, 08:52 AM
At least one of my cats prefers dry food.
Might depend on the quality (or lack of quality).

Sounds like more trolling...

--
"Bill Graham" <weg9 comcast.net> wrote:

> Path: eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!newsfeed1.swip.net!feeder.erje.net!u s.feeder.erje.net!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!feed er01.blueworldhosting.com!npeer03.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!border3.nntp.dca.giganews.com!Xl.tags.gi ganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giga news.com!local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!news.giganew s.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
> From: "Bill Graham" <weg9 comcast.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Where to buy cat food online? (in USA, not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon)
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 01:01:51 -0700
>
> buglady wrote:
>> On 11/1/2013 4:35 PM, John Doe wrote:
>>> Any suggestions for where to buy cat food online? In the USA, but
>>> not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon.
>>
>> I've used www.petfooddirect.com in the past. Never had a problem
>> with them.
>> There's one called petflow but I know nothing about it.
>>
>> buglady
>> take out the dog before replying
>
> My four cats have stopped eating kibbles since about two months ago. My
> wife's daughter down in San Jose says her cats have also stopped eating dry
> food. Do you suppose these cats know something we don't?

Dick Ballard[_2_]
November 3rd 13, 06:40 PM
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 06:23:06 -0400, buglady >
wrote:

>On 11/1/2013 4:35 PM, John Doe wrote:
>> Any suggestions for where to buy cat food online? In the USA, but
>> not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon.
>
>I've used www.petfooddirect.com in the past. Never had a problem with them.
>
>There's one called petflow but I know nothing about it.
>
>buglady
>take out the dog before replying

Another vote for PetFoodDirect. I've been satisfied with them.
Delivery is quick with standard shipping. They must have a distributed
warehouse system because the regular ground shipping takes only a few
days (Portland OR area).

Had only one problem which they immediately fixed. Got a shipment that
had been dropped. Many of the small cat food cans inside the package
had been split. Quite a mess. At first they wanted to know exactly how
many cans were damaged, but I pointed out that most of the cans were
dented and that I would have to clean up the good ones. So they just
shipped the whole order again. One phone call - no return required.

I did use some of the dented ones that were still intact, but I felt
that those freebies were payment for my clean up efforts.

Dick