PDA

View Full Version : TITERS--Dr. W. Jean Dodds Interviews

Kris L. Christine
November 4th 13, 10:16 PM
Dr. Karen Becker's article & interview with Dr. W. Jean Dodds on veterinary antibody titers: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/11/04/antibody-titers.aspx?e_cid=20131104Z1_PetsNL_art_1&utm_source=petnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20131104Z1

"Dr. Dodds explained that certain diseases produce what we call 'sterile immunity.' Those diseases include distemper, parvo, and hepatitis in dogs, and panleukopenia in cats. When an animal is exposed to these diseases and recovers, or is vaccinated properly against them, the animal becomes immunized. ....
When an animal is properly vaccinated and becomes immunized, he receives sterile immunity, which is long lasting -- a minimum of seven to nine years, to a maximum of lifetime immunity -- as measured by titer tests. This means the pet cannot become infected, nor will he shed the virus should he be exposed."

"There are antibody titer levels, and there are things called immune memory cells, which remain for a lifetime. Even with low titer values following vaccination, pets may still be protected for up to a year or even longer by immune memory cells...Dr. Dodds explains that she’s not overly worried about a low distemper titer unless the pet is around wildlife. She does worry about parvo. If a parvo titer comes back negative on an ELISA and positive on an IFA, again, the results go to the animal’s vet so he or she can make the judgment call. But Dr. Dodds does discourage vets from delivering combination vaccines and recommends instead a single parvovirus vaccine booster. Single-agent vaccines are significantly less stressful to the body immunologically."

Dr. W. Jean Dodds videotaped interview on veterinary titers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQrh34kHB7s .

Bill Graham
November 5th 13, 10:47 PM
Kris L. Christine wrote:
> Dr. Karen Becker's article & interview with Dr. W. Jean Dodds on
> veterinary antibody titers: http://tinyurl.com/nvj4s5m
>
> -"Dr. Dodds explained that certain diseases produce what we call
> 'sterile immunity.' Those diseases include distemper, parvo, and
> hepatitis in dogs, and panleukopenia in cats. When an animal is
> exposed to these diseases and recovers, or is vaccinated properly
> against them, the animal becomes immunized. ....
> When an animal is properly vaccinated and becomes immunized, he
> receives sterile immunity, which is long lasting -- a minimum of
> seven to nine years, to a maximum of lifetime immunity -- as measured
> by titer tests. This means the pet cannot become infected, nor will
> he shed the virus should he be exposed."
>
> "There are antibody titer levels, and there are things called immune
> memory cells, which remain for a lifetime. Even with low titer values
> following vaccination, pets may still be protected for up to a year or
> even longer by immune memory cells...Dr. Dodds explains that she’s not
> overly worried about a low distemper titer unless the pet is around
> wildlife. She does worry about parvo. If a parvo titer comes back
> negative on an ELISA and positive on an IFA, again, the results go to
> the animal’s vet so he or she can make the judgment call. But Dr.
> Dodds does discourage vets from delivering combination vaccines and
> recommends instead a single parvovirus vaccine booster. Single-agent
> vaccines are significantly less stressful to the body
> immunologically."-
>
> Dr. W. Jean Dodds videotaped interview on veterinary titers
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQrh34kHB7s .

But did the good doctor explain why some diseases produce, "Sterile
Immunity" and others do not? Can he tell us why, exactly, some diseases have
the ability to do this and others do not? Is there some living vestage of
those diseases that remains in the body permanently that keeps one's immune
system perpetually on guard against any reinfection, or what?

buglady[_2_]
November 5th 13, 11:44 PM
On 11/5/2013 5:47 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
> Kris L. Christine wrote:
>> Dr. Karen Becker's article & interview with Dr. W. Jean Dodds on
>> veterinary antibody titers: http://tinyurl.com/nvj4s5m

> But did the good doctor explain why some diseases produce, "Sterile
> Immunity" and others do not? Can he tell us why, exactly, some diseases
> have the ability to do this and others do not? Is there some living
> vestage of those diseases that remains in the body permanently that
> keeps one's immune system perpetually on guard against any reinfection,
> or what?

...............Did you read the article? Dr. Dodds is not a researcher,
she is a vet. If you want the answers to those questions I'd Google it
on Google Scholar.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Bill Graham
November 6th 13, 12:42 AM
buglady wrote:
> On 11/5/2013 5:47 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
>> Kris L. Christine wrote:
>>> Dr. Karen Becker's article & interview with Dr. W. Jean Dodds on
>>> veterinary antibody titers: http://tinyurl.com/nvj4s5m
>

>> But did the good doctor explain why some diseases produce, "Sterile
>> Immunity" and others do not? Can he tell us why, exactly, some
>> diseases have the ability to do this and others do not? Is there
>> some living vestage of those diseases that remains in the body
>> permanently that keeps one's immune system perpetually on guard
>> against any reinfection, or what?
>
> ..............Did you read the article? Dr. Dodds is not a
> researcher, she is a vet. If you want the answers to those questions
> I'd Google it on Google Scholar.
>
> buglady
> take out the dog before replying

Yeah.... I'm just tired of, "explanations" that don't explain anything. -
The dumbing down of America, fostered by Madison Avenue executives. I should
just remain silent, because there is really nothing I can do about it.......

Kris L. Christine
November 14th 13, 11:55 AM
http://drjeandoddspethealthresource.tumblr.com/post/58271237209/titer-vaccine-questions#.UoS6II0Vxux

buglady[_2_]