PDA

View Full Version : Re: Soy milk & rice milk okay?

December 13th 13, 01:16 PM
On Sunday, 16 June 2002 08:49:13 UTC+2, wrote:
> Is it okay to give my cat occasional (weekly) treats of soy milk or rice
> milk? He really craves it when I use it on my cereal. I wouldn't
> hesitate except that he is prone to FLUTD, but has not had a blockage in
> over a year on a strict diet of Nutro (canned and dry). I don't want to
> give him soy or rice milk and find out that precipitated a blockage.
> Thanks for any advice.

Did you ever find an answer? I have the same problem with my cat... he wont drink water and he gets blocked...but he will drink soy milk. My vet doesn't have a clue if that' s OK for him. I did however find a study that showed that rice milk messes with a cats hormones so that is a definite no. XD

buglady[_2_]
December 13th 13, 04:33 PM
On 12/13/2013 7:16 AM, wrote:

> Did you ever find an answer? I have the same problem with my cat... he wont drink water and he gets blocked

....but he will drink soy milk. My vet doesn't have a clue if that' s OK
for him.

I did however find a study that showed that rice milk messes with a
cats hormones so that is a definite no. XD

.............The best way to keep male cats from getting blocked is to
never feed kibble. Wet food only. Cats originated from the desert and
conserve water. If you only feed kibble they have to wet it down to
digest it and get short on water.

...........Also you could try home made chicken broth, no salt.

buglady
take out the dog before replying