PDA

View Full Version : cat grass question


Sylvia M[_3_]
January 3rd 14, 08:00 AM
My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.
The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.
I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.
She sniffed once and walked away.
I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.
Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck

She has no idea that it is edible...
Now what?

Do most cats know that grass is good for them?
How can I convince her?

T.I.A. for suggestions

Sylvia R

MaryL[_2_]
January 3rd 14, 05:31 PM
"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.
The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.
I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.
She sniffed once and walked away.
I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.
Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck

She has no idea that it is edible...
Now what?

Do most cats know that grass is good for them?
How can I convince her?

T.I.A. for suggestions

Sylvia R

~~~~~~~
It seems to depend on the cat. My cats (Holly and Duffy, at the time I
tried it) ignored any cat grass in a planter. At the same time, I could not
have any living *decorative* indoor plants because they would eat it.
Likewise, they would not touch catnip that I grew, but they love dried
catnip that I buy.

Mary

Sylvia M[_3_]
January 3rd 14, 09:19 PM
"MaryL" > wrote in message
...
>
>
> "Sylvia M" wrote in message ...
>
> My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.
> The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.
> I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.
> She sniffed once and walked away.
> I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.
> Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck
>
> She has no idea that it is edible...
> Now what?
>
> Do most cats know that grass is good for them?
> How can I convince her?
>
> T.I.A. for suggestions
>
> Sylvia R
>
> ~~~~~~~
> It seems to depend on the cat. My cats (Holly and Duffy, at the time
> I tried it) ignored any cat grass in a planter. At the same time, I
> could not have any living *decorative* indoor plants because they
> would eat it. Likewise, they would not touch catnip that I grew, but
> they love dried catnip that I buy.
>
> Mary
Ah yes. Totally understand...
I'll give a try to putting it on the dining room table as a *decorative*
indoor plant. That might also tempt her ... or not

Sylvia R

IBen Getiner[_3_]
January 4th 14, 05:46 AM
On Friday, January 3, 2014 2:00:25 AM UTC-5, Sylvia M wrote:
> My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.
>
> The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.
>
> I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.
>
> She sniffed once and walked away.
>
> I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.
>
> Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck
>
>
>
> She has no idea that it is edible...
>
> Now what?
>
>
>
> Do most cats know that grass is good for them?
>
> How can I convince her?
>
>
>
> T.I.A. for suggestions
>
>
>
> Sylvia R

Ever see a kat get a shoot of that krap stuck up in their sinuses? The way they get it out is to sneeze repeatedly while banging their heads on the floor. I'd think twice about giving that to him. Seen it happen. Of course, it's your trip, man. It''s totally up to you.....


IBen Getiner

Sylvia M[_3_]
January 4th 14, 08:09 AM
"IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
...
On Friday, January 3, 2014 2:00:25 AM UTC-5, Sylvia M wrote:
> My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.
>
> The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.
>
> I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.
>
> She sniffed once and walked away.
>
> I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.
>
> Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck
>
>
>
> She has no idea that it is edible...
>
> Now what?
>
>
>
> Do most cats know that grass is good for them?
>
> How can I convince her?
>
>
>
> T.I.A. for suggestions
>
>
>
> Sylvia R

Ever see a kat get a shoot of that krap stuck up in their sinuses? The
way they get it out is to sneeze repeatedly while banging their heads on
the floor. I'd think twice about giving that to him. Seen it happen. Of
course, it's your trip, man. It''s totally up to you.....


IBen Getiner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You paint a scary picture. I don't doubt its truth.
Thanks for this additional info.

Sylvia M

dgk
January 6th 14, 03:54 PM
On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 23:09:18 -0800, "Sylvia M" >
wrote:

>
>"IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
...
>On Friday, January 3, 2014 2:00:25 AM UTC-5, Sylvia M wrote:
>> My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.
>>
>> The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.
>>
>> I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.
>>
>> She sniffed once and walked away.
>>
>> I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.
>>
>> Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck
>>
>>
>>
>> She has no idea that it is edible...
>>
>> Now what?
>>
>>
>>
>> Do most cats know that grass is good for them?
>>
>> How can I convince her?
>>
>>
>>
>> T.I.A. for suggestions
>>
>>
>>
>> Sylvia R
>
>Ever see a kat get a shoot of that krap stuck up in their sinuses? The
>way they get it out is to sneeze repeatedly while banging their heads on
>the floor. I'd think twice about giving that to him. Seen it happen. Of
>course, it's your trip, man. It''s totally up to you.....
>
>
>IBen Getiner
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>You paint a scary picture. I don't doubt its truth.
>Thanks for this additional info.
>
>Sylvia M
>

Pretty much nonsense. My cats eat indoor or outdoor grass and usually
end up upchucking. Many cats do that. It seems to help them out. As
soon as my cats get outside they start chewing the grass. Then they
come inside to upchuck. It's ok, it cleans them out and I get to clean
up a bit of vomit and grass. I just wish they'd do it outside. Or
maybe they do and I don't notice it.