PDA

View Full Version : is this a caliby?

February 1st 14, 09:44 PM
i am trying to understand the terms calico, tabby, and caliby. i would like to ask the experts in this group, does this cat meet the criteria?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157640014185295/

John Doe
February 1st 14, 11:43 PM
dfong dfong.org wrote:

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157640014185295/

I can't really tell.

If you're going to take care of outside cats, please make sure that
they are neutered first. Feeding unneutered cats means lots of
kittens die horrible deaths in the not-so-great outdoors.

Good luck and have fun.

Sylvia M[_3_]
February 2nd 14, 05:42 AM
> wrote in message
>i am trying to understand the terms calico, tabby, and caliby. i would
>like to ask the experts in this group, does this cat meet the criteria?
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157640014185295/

Calico has orange, grey, black white tan and back areas, not necessarily
all of these.
Tortoise is a variety of calico that has these colors more "tightly'
together, in a tabby pattern.

The cat you show has a looser 'brown tabby' pattern, but without the
typical calico colors.

IMHO

Sylvia M.

February 2nd 14, 10:12 AM
> Calico has orange, grey, black white tan and back areas, not necessarily
> all of these.
> The cat you show has a looser 'brown tabby' pattern, but without the
> typical calico colors.

this cat has all of the calico colors. although the orange color is less prominent than in most calico pictures i've seen on the web.

Sylvia M[_3_]
February 3rd 14, 12:33 AM
> wrote in message
>> Calico has orange, grey, black white tan and back areas, not
>> necessarily
>> all of these.
>> The cat you show has a looser 'brown tabby' pattern, but without the
>> typical calico colors.
>
> this cat has all of the calico colors. although the orange color is
> less prominent than in most calico pictures i've seen on the web.
Then perhaps s0.
I googled the term and it kept pushing me to calico...grr.

February 28th 14, 08:37 AM
On Sunday, February 2, 2014 2:14:26 AM UTC+5:30, wrote:
> i am trying to understand the terms calico, tabby, and caliby. i would like to ask the experts in this group, does this cat meet the criteria?
>

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157640014185295/

Hi ,

May it meets the criteria.
http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/221541/Steven-Olschwanger-Diet-Tips/