PDA

View Full Version : both friendly and aggressive

bob[_4_]
March 25th 14, 03:02 AM
I saw a cat in the neighborhood chasing a squirrel. I beckoned the cat to come
and he did. There is no collar. I don't know if it's a stray or a house cat.

He came and rub against me and kept meowing. But as I pet him, he suddenly
hissed and swatted with his claw once. Then he resumed rubbing against me. This
repeated a few times. I thought he would calm down eventually but he didn't. He
even rolled on the ground but I did not rub his tummy for fear of attack.

I have never seen such behavior -- both friendly and aggressive at the same
time. What could cause this behavior?

buglady[_2_]
March 25th 14, 12:02 PM
On 3/24/2014 10:02 PM, bob wrote:
> He came and rub against me and kept meowing. But as I pet him, he
> suddenly hissed and swatted with his claw once.

> I have never seen such behavior -- both friendly and aggressive at the
> same time. What could cause this behavior?

.........Could be the cat had a wound you couldn't see or feel or you
woke up the fleas.

........Or it could be feline hyperesthesia.

buglady
take out the dog before replying