PDA

View Full Version : Best cat bedding ever!

John Doe
March 28th 14, 08:22 PM
I've mentioned Astroturf covered with paper towels before, but
recently figured out a very easy way to apply the tape to the
backside of the Astroturf for holding the paper towels. Below is my
writeup on Flickr. Be happy to answer any questions.

Their bedding material is Astroturf covered with paper towels.
Besides being cool and comfortable, it's a cure-all for keeping your
cats clean. It keeps them spotless. All you have to do is develop a
method for temporarily attaching the paper towels to the plastic
grass mat, then regularly change the paper towels and occasionally
shake out the Astroturf.

Taping the paper towels to the Astroturf is easy! On the backside of
the Astroturf, just apply a thick row/bead of hot melt glue along the
edge where you want the tape to go. Packaging tape sticks directly to
the glue (after its cool/hard of course). Ten times easier than
trying to apply plastic pads or whatever to hold the tape.

Tape the paper towels only on one side of the Astroturf. If the paper
towels start bunching up to that side, you need to apply glue to the
other side and tape the paper towels to that other side. The
Astroturf has a grain that pushes the paper towels in one or the
other direction. That's why you only need to fix the paper towels to
one side. If you try taping them down to both sides, they are more
likely to be damaged/ripped faster. Let the grain of the Astroturf do
the work for you.

All you have left to do is figure out the scheme for applying tape to
the paper towels. Also... Some places might need reinforcement.
Sometimes an extra layer of paper towels is useful in certain places.

Recommend using Bounty DuruTowels. Stronger than ordinary paper
towels and reasonably cheap.

Christina Websell
October 13th 14, 09:38 PM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> I've mentioned Astroturf covered with paper towels before, but
> recently figured out a very easy way to apply the tape to the
> backside of the Astroturf for holding the paper towels. Below is my
> writeup on Flickr. Be happy to answer any questions.
>

> Their bedding material is Astroturf covered with paper towels.
> Besides being cool and comfortable, it's a cure-all for keeping your
> cats clean. It keeps them spotless. All you have to do is develop a
> method for temporarily attaching the paper towels to the plastic
> grass mat, then regularly change the paper towels and occasionally
> shake out the Astroturf.
>
> Taping the paper towels to the Astroturf is easy! On the backside of
> the Astroturf, just apply a thick row/bead of hot melt glue along the
> edge where you want the tape to go. Packaging tape sticks directly to
> the glue (after its cool/hard of course). Ten times easier than
> trying to apply plastic pads or whatever to hold the tape.
>
> Tape the paper towels only on one side of the Astroturf. If the paper
> towels start bunching up to that side, you need to apply glue to the
> other side and tape the paper towels to that other side. The
> Astroturf has a grain that pushes the paper towels in one or the
> other direction. That's why you only need to fix the paper towels to
> one side. If you try taping them down to both sides, they are more
> likely to be damaged/ripped faster. Let the grain of the Astroturf do
> the work for you.
>
> All you have left to do is figure out the scheme for applying tape to
> the paper towels. Also... Some places might need reinforcement.
> Sometimes an extra layer of paper towels is useful in certain places.
>
> Recommend using Bounty DuruTowels. Stronger than ordinary paper
> towels and reasonably cheap.

Best not say what I want to. So I won't.

John Doe[_2_]
October 13th 14, 11:01 PM
This is strange...