PDA

View Full Version : Wild cats

John Doe
April 13th 14, 08:00 AM
Taking care of a neutered female outside. This morning it ate a full
meal and then left. One hour later, it was back on the porch and I
saw it swat at the opening to its Omega Paws litter box. Confused, I
stepped out and noticed some feathers lying around. In the box, the
bird was still alive and very alert (an understatement). So I reached
in and carried it out in my hand. Raised it to take a look and ZOOM
it flew across the way and up into a tree. It lost a few feathers and
a tiny amount of blood, but it flew very well.

I suppose the bird was being kept fresh until the cat got hungry.
Maybe it could use a small refrigerator and microwave...

dgk
April 17th 14, 02:14 PM
On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 07:00:09 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
> wrote:

>Taking care of a neutered female outside. This morning it ate a full
>meal and then left. One hour later, it was back on the porch and I
>saw it swat at the opening to its Omega Paws litter box. Confused, I
>stepped out and noticed some feathers lying around. In the box, the
>bird was still alive and very alert (an understatement). So I reached
>in and carried it out in my hand. Raised it to take a look and ZOOM
>it flew across the way and up into a tree. It lost a few feathers and
>a tiny amount of blood, but it flew very well.
>
>I suppose the bird was being kept fresh until the cat got hungry.
>Maybe it could use a small refrigerator and microwave...

I once wrestled a bird away from one of my cats and it looked in
pretty bad shape, feathers pointing in all directions and some blood.
Then it just flew out of my hand straight into a nearby tree. They can
look pretty bad and still be mostly ok.

But your outdoor cats have a litterbox? I sometimes let my indoor cats
out into my fenced-in backyard, but they come back in to use the
litterbox! My outside cats don't have a litterbox though.

John Doe
April 17th 14, 03:32 PM
dgk <dgk somewhere.com> wrote:

> John Doe <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Taking care of a neutered female outside. This morning it ate a
>>full meal and then left. One hour later, it was back on the
>>porch and I saw it swat at the opening to its Omega Paws litter
>>box. Confused, I stepped out and noticed some feathers lying
>>around. In the box, the bird was still alive and very alert (an
>>understatement). So I reached in and carried it out in my hand.
>>Raised it to take a look and ZOOM it flew across the way and up
>>into a tree. It lost a few feathers and a tiny amount of blood,
>>but it flew very well.
>>
>>I suppose the bird was being kept fresh until the cat got
>>hungry. Maybe it could use a small refrigerator and microwave...
>
> I once wrestled a bird away from one of my cats and it looked in
> pretty bad shape, feathers pointing in all directions and some
> blood. Then it just flew out of my hand straight into a nearby
> tree. They can look pretty bad and still be mostly ok.
>
> But your outdoor cats have a litterbox?

For a few reasons, some significant and some trivial. So far it
has only gone number two in the box, and that's what we need.

A note for the newbies... It is neutered, don't take care of an
outside cat otherwise.

> I sometimes let my indoor cats out into my fenced-in backyard,
> but they come back in to use the litterbox! My outside cats
> don't have a litterbox though.

Christina Websell
November 16th 15, 02:11 AM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 07:00:09 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
> > wrote:
>
>>Taking care of a neutered female outside. This morning it ate a full
>>meal and then left. One hour later, it was back on the porch and I
>>saw it swat at the opening to its Omega Paws litter box. Confused, I
>>stepped out and noticed some feathers lying around. In the box, the
>>bird was still alive and very alert (an understatement). So I reached
>>in and carried it out in my hand. Raised it to take a look and ZOOM
>>it flew across the way and up into a tree. It lost a few feathers and
>>a tiny amount of blood, but it flew very well.
>>
>>I suppose the bird was being kept fresh until the cat got hungry.
>>Maybe it could use a small refrigerator and microwave...
>
> I once wrestled a bird away from one of my cats and it looked in
> pretty bad shape, feathers pointing in all directions and some blood.
> Then it just flew out of my hand straight into a nearby tree. They can
> look pretty bad and still be mostly ok.

Birds will never be Ok if they have been caught by a cat. The wounds they
have will get infected by the bacteria on the cat's teeth and they will die
a few days later.

John Doe[_2_]
November 16th 15, 03:30 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote:

> "dgk" > wrote
>> John Doe > wrote:
>>
>>> Taking care of a neutered female outside. This morning it ate a full
>>> meal and then left. One hour later, it was back on the porch and I
>>> saw it swat at the opening to its Omega Paws litter box. Confused, I
>>> stepped out and noticed some feathers lying around. In the box, the
>>> bird was still alive and very alert (an understatement). So I
>>> reached in and carried it out in my hand. Raised it to take a look
>>> and ZOOM it flew across the way and up into a tree. It lost a few
>>> feathers and a tiny amount of blood, but it flew very well.
>>>
>>> I suppose the bird was being kept fresh until the cat got hungry.
>>> Maybe it could use a small refrigerator and microwave...
>>
>> I once wrestled a bird away from one of my cats and it looked in
>> pretty bad shape, feathers pointing in all directions and some blood.
>> Then it just flew out of my hand straight into a nearby tree. They
>> can look pretty bad and still be mostly ok.
>
> Birds will never be Ok if they have been caught by a cat. The wounds
> they have will get infected by the bacteria on the cat's teeth and
> they will die a few days later.

Says who?