PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a laser pointer?

John Doe[_2_]
September 26th 14, 08:11 PM
I know they are fun at first, but how long does it take before the
thrill is gone? Or is it just a matter of spacing the play
periods?

Thanks.

Patok
September 26th 14, 08:37 PM
John Doe wrote:
> I know they are fun at first, but how long does it take before the
> thrill is gone? Or is it just a matter of spacing the play
> periods?

Yes, you should. The thrill is gone when the thrill of playing with anything
is gone - that is, as they age. While they're interested in playing, this is the
almost perfect toy. But first, you must be good at handling it (devise
interesting routes for the chase - across couches, up walls etc), and second -
don't overdo it, as there is an associated frustration of never being able to
actually catch it. Twice a day for about 5 minutes is right.

Joy
September 26th 14, 11:04 PM
On 9/26/2014 12:11 PM, John Doe wrote:
> I know they are fun at first, but how long does it take before the
> thrill is gone? Or is it just a matter of spacing the play
> periods?
>
> Thanks.

It depends on the cat. Some won't be interested at all. OTOH, Lindy
(RB) would knock herself out, racing up and down the hall, jumping on
couch or bed, when she was as old as 12.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters

Super Man
January 6th 15, 09:39 PM
Yes you should i bought one for my cats and they love it i recently had to get new batteries for it

whisky-dave
January 7th 15, 12:45 PM
On Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:39:08 UTC, Super Man wrote:
> Yes you should i bought one for my cats and they love it i recently had to get new batteries for it

I agree although I have one of those IR laser themometers so once in a blue moon it actually has another use other than as a cat toy, it's a me toy for measuring temeratutes of things I don;t really need to know the temperature of :-)