PDA

View Full Version : Weasel

October 5th 14, 02:39 PM
Weasel is leaving us. Weasel is a gray tabby, age 19. He has been in
decline for months, losing weight and growing progressively weaker.
Nothing specific, just the ravages of time. He stopped eating days ago
and now can't stand. If he is still with us in the morning, it will be
time for a last ride to the vet.

He was our very first rescue. He was feral and bonded only with my
wife so we were never able to find a home for him. For his entire life
he treated me like I was about to eat him and only the last few months
did he deign to sit on the arm of my chair and let me pet him.

Dick Evans

Joy
October 6th 14, 02:16 AM
On 10/5/2014 6:39 AM, wrote:
> Weasel is leaving us. Weasel is a gray tabby, age 19. He has been in
> decline for months, losing weight and growing progressively weaker.
> Nothing specific, just the ravages of time. He stopped eating days ago
> and now can't stand. If he is still with us in the morning, it will be
> time for a last ride to the vet.
>
> He was our very first rescue. He was feral and bonded only with my
> wife so we were never able to find a home for him. For his entire life
> he treated me like I was about to eat him and only the last few months
> did he deign to sit on the arm of my chair and let me pet him.
>
> Dick Evans

I'm sorry for your coming loss.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters

October 6th 14, 04:48 AM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 09:39:43 -0400, wrote:

>Weasel is leaving us. Weasel is a gray tabby, age 19. He has been in
>decline for months, losing weight and growing progressively weaker.
>Nothing specific, just the ravages of time. He stopped eating days ago
>and now can't stand. If he is still with us in the morning, it will be
>time for a last ride to the vet.
>
>He was our very first rescue. He was feral and bonded only with my
>wife so we were never able to find a home for him. For his entire life
>he treated me like I was about to eat him and only the last few months
>did he deign to sit on the arm of my chair and let me pet him.

He's gone. He slept all day just a few feet from my chair. About
10:30pm he simply slipped away. There was no cry nor any sign of
discomfort. We should all go so quietly.

Joy
October 6th 14, 07:21 AM
On 10/5/2014 8:48 PM, wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 09:39:43 -0400, wrote:
>
>> Weasel is leaving us. Weasel is a gray tabby, age 19. He has been in
>> decline for months, losing weight and growing progressively weaker.
>> Nothing specific, just the ravages of time. He stopped eating days ago
>> and now can't stand. If he is still with us in the morning, it will be
>> time for a last ride to the vet.
>>
>> He was our very first rescue. He was feral and bonded only with my
>> wife so we were never able to find a home for him. For his entire life
>> he treated me like I was about to eat him and only the last few months
>> did he deign to sit on the arm of my chair and let me pet him.
>
> He's gone. He slept all day just a few feet from my chair. About
> 10:30pm he simply slipped away. There was no cry nor any sign of
> discomfort. We should all go so quietly.

Yes. I'm sorry he's gone, but glad that's the way it happened.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

dgk
October 6th 14, 02:43 PM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 23:48:38 -0400, wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 09:39:43 -0400, wrote:
>
>>Weasel is leaving us. Weasel is a gray tabby, age 19. He has been in
>>decline for months, losing weight and growing progressively weaker.
>>Nothing specific, just the ravages of time. He stopped eating days ago
>>and now can't stand. If he is still with us in the morning, it will be
>>time for a last ride to the vet.
>>
>>He was our very first rescue. He was feral and bonded only with my
>>wife so we were never able to find a home for him. For his entire life
>>he treated me like I was about to eat him and only the last few months
>>did he deign to sit on the arm of my chair and let me pet him.
>
>He's gone. He slept all day just a few feet from my chair. About
>10:30pm he simply slipped away. There was no cry nor any sign of
>discomfort. We should all go so quietly.

And cheaply! Sorry for the loss, and that is the way I want to go.