PDA

View Full Version : Avoderm cat food

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
November 4th 14, 09:41 PM
Anyone have any experience with Avoderm for cats? I am being forced to
change cat food because APD is discontinuing their Select Choice which I
have been buying for over 20 years now. I am not sure I know what feeding
cats avocado long term would do. I just feel it is an odd formula.

---

MaryL[_2_]
November 5th 14, 12:32 AM
"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message ...

Anyone have any experience with Avoderm for cats? I am being forced to
change cat food because APD is discontinuing their Select Choice which I
have been buying for over 20 years now. I am not sure I know what feeding
cats avocado long term would do. I just feel it is an odd formula.

~~~~~~~~
I'm not familiar with Avoderm. In fact, I had never heard of it before
seeing your question. I use Wellness canned cat food (a variety of their
no-grains selections, mostly chicken, turkey and beef). I have had very
good results with it -- very healthy cats with gorgeous, glossy fur coats.
It's expensive but not as costly as it seems at first glance because they
don't need as much quantity as with "cheaper" food.

MaryL

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
November 5th 14, 05:19 AM
"MaryL" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" wrote in message ...
>
> Anyone have any experience with Avoderm for cats? I am being forced to
> change cat food because APD is discontinuing their Select Choice which I
> have been buying for over 20 years now. I am not sure I know what feeding
> cats avocado long term would do. I just feel it is an odd formula.
>
> ~~~~~~~~
> I'm not familiar with Avoderm. In fact, I had never heard of it before
> seeing your question. I use Wellness canned cat food (a variety of their
> no-grains selections, mostly chicken, turkey and beef). I have had very
> good results with it -- very healthy cats with gorgeous, glossy fur coats.
> It's expensive but not as costly as it seems at first glance because they
> don't need as much quantity as with "cheaper" food.

I have tried Wellness and they don't like it. They do seem to like Avoderm.
The Wellness and the Avoderm are about the same price. APD was a decent
formula and a lot cheaper. It had some grains but far less than commerfcial
store brands. APD is dropping the product because they assume everyone will
just buy the more expensive products they make. Very stupid move on their
part.

---

Christina Websell
November 9th 14, 08:11 PM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Paul M. Cook" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Anyone have any experience with Avoderm for cats? I am being forced to
>> change cat food because APD is discontinuing their Select Choice which I
>> have been buying for over 20 years now. I am not sure I know what
>> feeding
>> cats avocado long term would do. I just feel it is an odd formula.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~
>> I'm not familiar with Avoderm. In fact, I had never heard of it before
>> seeing your question. I use Wellness canned cat food (a variety of their
>> no-grains selections, mostly chicken, turkey and beef). I have had very
>> good results with it -- very healthy cats with gorgeous, glossy fur
>> coats. It's expensive but not as costly as it seems at first glance
>> because they don't need as much quantity as with "cheaper" food.
>>

> I have tried Wellness and they don't like it. They do seem to like
> Avoderm. The Wellness and the Avoderm are about the same price. APD was a
> decent formula and a lot cheaper. It had some grains but far less than
> commerfcial store brands. APD is dropping the product because they assume
> everyone will just buy the more expensive products they make. Very stupid
> move on their part.
I've never heard of Avoderm either.
Boyfie likes Whiskas (and he would eat Felix if allowed to but he isn't as
it has sugar in) and I want him to have good teeth into old age. He is
now 12 and when he went for his flu etc jabs earlier this year, he gets a
health check and his teeth are perfect.
I often see cat food that he might like, but it always says in the
ingredients "various sugars" and he isn't going to have that. No way,
Jose.